SASS Wire Forum

Black Powder / Indoor Range?

Come On Christmas

There is a new indoor range here in Lewisville, Texas where I stays. Cold I can handle. The heat of the Texas sun is another issue altogether. Heart Trouble don't cha know.

I know I can't use a smokeless powder in a cap and ball pistol. Is there a substitute powder that will keep the owners from tar and feathering me and riding me out of town on a rail?

Shameless Womanizer

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, May 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, May 11, 2013 - No reason given

There is a new indoor range here in Lewisville, Texas where I stays. Cold I can handle. The heat of the Texas sun is another issue altogether. Heart Trouble don't cha know.

I know I can't use a smokeless powder in a cap and ball pistol. Is there a substitute powder that will keep the owners from tar and feathering me and riding me out of town on a rail?

Shameless Womanizer

Whimp...Suck it up and go out early...Get a quit girl to hold the umbrelle for you...

Texas Lizard

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, May 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, May 11, 2013 - No reason given

Thanks for your help.

Howdy

I doubt it. All the Black Powder substitutes create a lot of smoke. They are designed to do that. I suspect no indoor range is going to be happy with you making that much smoke.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe somebody figured a way around this.

The summer will be on us soon enough.

Shameless Womanizer, not whimp, not dead.

Howdy

I doubt it. All the Black Powder substitutes create a lot of smoke. They are designed to do that. I suspect no indoor range is going to be happy with you making that much smoke.

Moreover, most substitutes are very irritating to mucous membrane and lungs. If anything, black powder would be the best bet.

If you space your shots, you might get away with it -- for a while.

It's guys like SW that precipitate rules that the rest of use don't understand after the fact.

Ask Hodgdon's this question in an email or phone call.

Huh, this place is just over the bridge from me. I met the owner at a gun show. Maybe he will allow it now he is open. He was opposed to it when I talked to him.

Shameless Womanizer I need to apologize for some things I said earlier...They were not proper...I do understand the problem of getting over heated...My body does react well with high tempertures...I just pass out at a certain point...I have only been to that point once...I will never go to that point again...I have a feeling the Cowboys will plant me right where I fall if I did...After they have gone threw my gun cart...

Texas Lizard

Shameless Womanizer I need to apologize for some things I said earlier...They were not proper...I do understand the problem of getting over heated...My body does react well with high tempertures...I just pass out at a certain point...I have only been to that point once...I will never go to that point again...I have a feeling the Cowboys will plant me right where I fall if I did...After they have gone threw my gun cart...

Texas Lizard

Priorities don't ya know.... :P:lol:

"BLACK POWDER- the other second hand smoke" B)

Archived