SASS Wire Forum

Can someone else take a crack at this?

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130510/OPINION/130519950/1044/opinion03?Title=Saturday-s-Letters-to-the-Editor

Irrational NRA

EDITOR:
The endless irrationality spewing from the National Rifle Association
was capped by a pronouncement issued by an official at its meeting last
week. Referring to the Boston bombings, Wayne LaPierre, the
association’s executive vice president, asked, “How many Bostonians
wished they had a gun two weeks ago?”

True
to the kind of empty thinking by the NRA, LaPierre’s question had no
connection with reason or reality. How does one use a gun against a
pre-planned explosion?

From
the proper and reasonable possession of guns, we have become a nation
obsessed with firearms. It has become a virtual stand-your-ground
religion, fueled by paranoia even against our own government.

This
is not about the Second Amendment but about gun business profits. It is
also about political power used against members of Congress too weak
and too needy for re-election to exercise integrity in their office.

GILBERT H. VIEIRAX

This worthless paper is running at least one letter like this every day, and we could use some fresh names writing responses to the drivel. There are about 4 of us who consistently respond.

Could maybe two or three of you jump in and politely slap this idjit around some?

The founding fathers would be called extremists by todays liberal media. What a shame that we as a nation have forgotten our history and heritage. Every single one of the men who brought this nation into existence believed in the liberties of the citizenry; and in the private ownership of firearms. I could fill a page with quotes from the founders about gun ownership; to share just a few...

JAMES MADISON - "Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust their people with arms."

SAMUEL ADAMS - "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms . . ."

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN - "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

GEORGE WASHINGTON - "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

Of course the idea here is that honest, law abiding citizens be allowed the use of firearms. If one is outside the law then they are forbidden the use of arms. Now does this stop someone from still possessing and using a gun? Of course not. It's no different than illegal drugs etc. The problem is that some people focus on inanimate objects instead of the person breaking the law. If someone kills another by running them over with a truck what would you say? Something probably like this: "What have you done?!" If someone kills another with any type of firearm some will immediately say something like this: "We have to ban guns!" Why didn't you say "we have to ban trucks?"

Every single founding father believed in individualism, freedom, self defense, GOD in one form or another, and in the power of the human being to take care of themselves and their families. They did not believe in the government nanny state that we are sliding into these days. So what does all this mean? It means that we as freedom loving Americans believe that if we are lawful citizens we can own firearms and defend ourselves against all threats to ourselves, our families and our property.

As someone who served over twenty years in the military defending the defining documents of our nation I am proud to exercise my freedoms guaranteed in those papers. If someone chooses not to own or enjoy the use of firearms that's fine. Just don't expect any sympathy from me when you are waiting for a cop to come rescue you. Defend yourself dammit!

The founding fathers would be called extremists by todays liberal media. What a shame that we as a nation have forgotten our history and heritage. Every single one of the men who brought this nation into existence believed in the liberties of the citizenry; and in the private ownership of firearms. I could fill a page with quotes from the founders about gun ownership; to share just a few...

JAMES MADISON - "Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust their people with arms."

SAMUEL ADAMS - "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms . . ."

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN - "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

GEORGE WASHINGTON - "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

Of course the idea here is that honest, law abiding citizens be allowed the use of firearms. If one is outside the law then they are forbidden the use of arms. Now does this stop someone from still possessing and using a gun? Of course not. It's no different than illegal drugs etc. The problem is that some people focus on inanimate objects instead of the person breaking the law. If someone kills another by running them over with a truck what would you say? Something probably like this: "What have you done?!" If someone kills another with any type of firearm some will immediately say something like this: "We have to ban guns!" Why didn't you say "we have to ban trucks?"

Every single founding father believed in individualism, freedom, self defense, GOD in one form or another, and in the power of the human being to take care of themselves and their families. They did not believe in the government nanny state that we are sliding into these days. So what does all this mean? It means that we as freedom loving Americans believe that if we are lawful citizens we can own firearms and defend ourselves against all threats to ourselves, our families and our property.

As someone who served over twenty years in the military defending the defining documents of our nation I am proud to exercise my freedoms guaranteed in those papers. If someone chooses not to own or enjoy the use of firearms that's fine. Just don't expect any sympathy from me when you are waiting for a cop to come rescue you. Defend yourself dammit!

Could you please post that in the Comments section at the link I provided, please? It would be nice to see some new names supporting the 2nd there.

I will post this...

Vielrax, when you connected LaPierre's comment to the bombings, you clearly missed the point. Either you are deliberately misrepresenting the quote or you are slow to catch on. For those who also are misled by Vielrax's writings, remember there were two very dangerous murders on the run. They were armed and murdered a police officer and kidnapped/carjacked a driver at gun point. Comments made by the carjacking victim leads one to conclude that after gassing up the SUV, they would murder him as well. When the last perp to be arrested was on the loose, he could have forced his way into a home at gun point and lasted much longer or, got another ride out of town. In either of these situations, being armed to repluse the attack would have been much more desirable. That is the point ... Armed citizens are much less likely to be victims. Just look at the material being shown by anti gun proponents. They always include a steam of unarmed victims. people who could not defend themselves. Go look at the material being shown by the pro gun proponents ... they have no victims to show. A very one sided story to contemplate.

I don't know why but I can't access the comments. :angry:

Let us know as more of these stupid things come up. I am glad to comment.

I shall. In fact: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130516/OPINION/130519644/1044/opinion02?p=2&tc=pg

End the Violence

EDITOR: I’m really tired of

turning on the TV and hearing about shootings, vigils and memorials.

I’ve seen enough candles, flowers, balloons and Teddy bears to last at

least five lifetimes. When are we going to get real about certain types

of weapons in our society? Do we have to wait until it happens in Santa

Rosa — and believe me, like the next quake, it will happen. The time is

now to contact our legislators and encourage them to support a ban on

assault weapons and high-volume magazines before it’s too late.

EDWARD SUTTER

Please, have at!

Joe I quit reading the PD about 10 years ago because it is such a left leaning piece of S*** paper. The worst part is I know 4 or 5 people who work there, and they don't even come close to holding the same opion as the PD dose.

Joe I quit reading the PD about 10 years ago because it is such a left leaning piece of S*** paper. The worst part is I know 4 or 5 people who work there, and they don't even come close to holding the same opion as the PD dose.

I read it online. Especially the letters to the editor so I can take a crack at idjits like these. Or their editorial whining about the "attack on the first amendment rights of the press!" by the USDOJ in one of the many scandals that are current. And, I occasionally write a letter to the editor. To me it's worth the time to try to counter the bleating idjits.

Archived