SASS Wire Forum

Stage Descriptions

Haole

Recently had this happen at an annual shoot.

Three rows of targets.

X........X.........X

X........X.........X

..........X

Engage the lower target 4x THEN engage the upper targets 1x each - any order.

As a Gunfighter

I engaged the lower target 4x -

then middle row 1st target - top row 1st target

middle row 2nd - top row 2nd

middle row 3rd - top row 3rd.

Had all three spotters telling me that I lost them when I changed rows.

Could a supported shooter shoot it in the same sequence? Yes, but I suspect you would never see it done that way.

Hope spotters gave you BOD. Spotters job if often tough and I am not a good spotter. Prefer to take timer. My mind strays to much to be a good spotter.

As DD, think I would have probably went two on close then back row with right then two on close and middle row with left. If spread out pretty good might have done close tawice, two targets in back, one target in middle with right then two on close and one target in rear and two in middle.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope spotters gave you BOD. Spotters job if often tough and I am not a good spotter. Prefer to take timer. My mind strays to much to be a good spotter.

I'm fine running the timer because I'm busy all the the time. The moment down time comes into play (between shooters if spotting), my mind wanders. I bet you're a good spotter as long as the TO makes sure to call the spotters' attention prior starting the shooter...as they should. There are a lot of folks who "drift" during the down time when spotting.

Numbering Creeker's targets as we read (left to right and top to bottom), assuming they're relatively close together, I'd lead left and shoot it: 7,7,7,7,1,6,,2,3,4,5.

I'm fine running the timer because I'm busy all the the time. The moment down time comes into play (between shooters if spotting), my mind wanders. I bet you're a good spotter as long as the TO makes sure to call the spotters' attention prior starting the shooter...as they should. There are a lot of folks who "drift" during the down time when spotting.

Numbering Creeker's targets as we read (left to right and top to bottom), assuming they're relatively close together, I'd lead left and shoot it: 7,7,7,7,1,6,,2,3,4,5.

Howdy BUCK.

AND also reading them left to right, top to bottom, I would probably go:

Don't ya just GF? :D

..........Widder

...Prefer to take timer. My mind strays to much to be a good spotter.

Aye... ditto. And Creeker, didn't take me long to figure that out! I'd have a sequence all set out at the table... then come to the line and out the window that went!

Archived