SASS Wire Forum

Senate Bill Filed For Reloading License and Background Check

Crossfire Brown

I doubt this will get very far but the crazy things they come up with in Washington...

Senator Wants Reloading License, Background Check and Limited Supplies

What will they try next...

CB

Supplies are already pretty damn limited around here.

It's not about the guns, it's about the control.

They will try anything to keep us from using firearms. The "pressure cooker" devices did not use the type of powder we use in BP shooting, frpm what I saw and read in variour news reports. Don't think this has much of a chance of passing, but anything is possible. :unsure:

Lautenberg has been pushing gun control his entire career, fortunately we only have to put up with him for another year since he is retiring in 2014. The chance of the bill making it through both the Senate and the House is extremely small.

Lautenberg has been pushing gun control his entire career, fortunately we only have to put up with him for another year since he is retiring in 2014. The chance of the bill making it through both the Senate and the House is extremely small.

His term ends in Jan. 2015. He's waiting until next year so that there will be an election and, therefore, a better than even chance for a Democrat to win, especially if Booker runs. They're keeping him going so that Christie doesn't appoint a Republican in his place. Not that it would make mch difference.

His term ends in Jan. 2015. He's waiting until next year so that there will be an election and, therefore, a better than even chance for a Democrat to win, especially if Booker runs. They're keeping him going so that Christie doesn't appoint a Republican in his place. Not that it would make mch difference.

Given NJ's political makeup, I think it's likely that Cory Booker is going to win. I'm probably not going to agree with Booker on a lot of things, but he at least appears honest and a decent person, especially compared to the two you have now, although it's not like my two are any better.

Fireworks not effected, yet the Boston bomb was made from powder removed from fireworks. The bombers undoubtedly knew better than to try and buy several pounds of BP from an FFL, who would have likely refused or sent up an alarm if a couple of young kids of their description with no prior history buying reloading supplies showed up, and they darned sure didn't buy online, which would have left tracks. In other words, the current system already dissuades anyone who wants to GET AWAY WITH such a plot. The only "hole" seems to be fireworks, which are very rarely used in any type of crime, just like reloading supplied, hobby rocket motors and ignitors, and FERTILIZER, which they now have some sort of paper trail on since McVeigh, which only is a PIA for farmers and those in the turf business.

If the available online instructions are correct, I suspect pretty soon many of the common items under the sink or in the garage will soon require licenses, (and there will be a lot fewer clean toilets, etc, etc).

Fireworks not effected, yet the Boston bomb was made from powder removed from fireworks. The bombers undoubtedly knew better than to try and buy several pounds of BP from an FFL, who would have likely refused or sent up an alarm if a couple of young kids of their description with no prior history buying reloading supplies showed up, and they darned sure didn't buy online, which would have left tracks. In other words, the current system already dissuades anyone who wants to GET AWAY WITH such a plot. The only "hole" seems to be fireworks, which are very rarely used in any type of crime, just like reloading supplied, hobby rocket motors and ignitors, and FERTILIZER, which they now have some sort of paper trail on since McVeigh, which only is a PIA for farmers and those in the turf business.

If the available online instructions are correct, I suspect pretty soon many of the common items under the sink or in the garage will soon require licenses, (and there will be a lot fewer clean toilets, etc, etc).

as I recall that is how the Killeen TX bomber suspect got caught...an alert gun store employee thought it strange that this guy wanted to buy a large amount of powder...Smokeless powder as I remember and not black powder.

I predicted the reloading license thing a couple years back, along with a requirement to microstamp your bullets and/or cases with a personal ammunition manufacturer number, and serial numbering and registering of reloading presses... :blink:

I can predict the future! Now lessee if I can apply my new found talent to next week's lottery numbers...

Sure would like to know how many intercity shootings involved reloaded ammunition. If it's more than 1%, I would be extremely surprised.

Instead of harassing (by-taxation} reloaders, whose primary objective is to make either hunting or target (that's us) ammo; spend the money on more police and get the criminals off the street and more quickly into their eventual home (prison). Maybe less people would get shot. Of course it's easier to harass the non-criminal element than face the real crime problems. I'm surprised the guy hasn't proposed a permit to buy pressure cookers.

Who in hell is HE to tell ME whether or not I can load my own ammunition anyway?

I already have had a background check.

I don't need to pay any illegal TAX on reloading supplies, or any kind of ammunition I reload either.

Go away lautenberg! And take your ill-conceived legislation with you..Go FAR, FAR away!

• 4 weeks later...

Lautenberg has been pushing gun control his entire career, fortunately we only have to put up with him for another year since he is retiring in 2014.

He took early retirement today - He died!

Given NJ's political makeup, I think it's likely that Cory Booker is going to win. I'm probably not going to agree with Booker on a lot of things, but he at least appears honest and a decent person, especially compared to the two you have now, although it's not like my two are any better.

My experience is: Give an "HONEST AND DECENT PERSON" six months in Washington DC and he becomes a politician and no longer fit for polite society.

Makes sense........in an effort to save money and groom their loads many criminals are looking into reloading. What a joke.....if this doesn't show they are targeting legal gun owners and sportsmen.......nothing does. Next there will be a check box on your IRS FORM!

Guest Chance Ramsay, SASS#18962

You already have to have manufacturing license just to cast bullets as a business.A.T.F. shut me down till I moved to a manufacturing area. So nothing would surprise me. Doesn't make it right

Chance

Archived