SASS Wire Forum

Longmire Returns!

A&E is advertising new episodes (12) to start airing the end of this month. YeeHaaw :D

BSD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINALLY, something better to watch on TV....I've missed that show.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

If it didn't return... I was gonna call it... Shortmire.

ts

I bought a supply of Rainier while I was in town yesterday.

I bought a supply of Rainier while I was in town yesterday.

Now that was downright cruel, for us trapped on this side of the country! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just a last minute reminder...

The new season starts in about 4 1/2 hours.

Great way to end the holiday!!

Baby backs on the grill - check

Tater salad - check

Baked beans - check

Rainier in the fridge - check

Tic tic tic

:D

21/2 hours ta go. Snickerdoodles just out the oven. :)

The wife and daughter are making Apple dumplings with a scoop of ice cream, Beer just don't go with dessert IMHO. Blackberry wine sounds good.

Tonight's plan

Antique Roadshow on now. Then American Pickers followed by Longmire.

CPK

This is the song A & E has been playing with the Longmire promos. I ain't much on soft rock (I'm an old metalhead from waaay back), but this song is addictive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Great show.................enjoyed the first episode and didn't fall asleep!!

Rye :)

This is the song A & E has been playing with the Longmire promos. I ain't much on soft rock (I'm an old metalhead from waaay back), but this song is addictive.

I KNEW IT, I just knew it. Seems every time my gun cart passes by you there is this STRONG attraction that draws my magnetic picker upper toward you :D

It was a good episode but I really don't care for all of the mysteriously appearing people that "tallk" to him on the trail. Maybe it was a one time thing to help viewers remember what went on last year....hopefully this is so.

As a wilderness/ backcountry guide, outfitter and 10 years on search and rescue watching an experienced sheriff go running after bad guys in the winter wearing nothing but cotton jeans, cotton shirt, leather gloves, leather soled boots and a cotton duster, I had some real issues with the show.

The truck with 2 sheriffs had no back country gear. He had no fire starter, no jump pack... in short he was a rube. For me the whole idea that he could be totally out gunned, out manned, and out planned by escapees and still prevail just lacked credibility.

The female sheriff was consumed by a total lack of professionalism and portrayed a chick- cop in the worst possible light.

Otherwise, it was a decent old time western with modern costuming.

This same song has been the theme song for the last 2-3 years on a series called "Strike Back"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Back_(TV_series)

Song....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=strike%20back%20theme%20song&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6gn8_137btc&ei=UsekUer9OcHKigLHkIHwBg&usg=AFQjCNGJ_taO_VN9PtbFwY33BhwSfNQdgg&bvm=bv.47008514,d.cGE

FWIW: Anytime I hear this song, I think of the series, "Strike Back". NOT Longmire :rolleyes:

LG

I liked the way the cabin owner was portrayed in a positive manner. He killed the BG and rescued the "hostage".

That was Omar. He's a wealthy hunter and guide in the Longmire books.

Gag me with a field mouse! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I enjoy Rainier. Many other beers gag me.

Like Bud.

As a wilderness/ backcountry guide, outfitter and 10 years on search and rescue watching an experienced sheriff go running after bad guys in the winter wearing nothing but cotton jeans, cotton shirt, leather gloves, leather soled boots and a cotton duster, I had some real issues with the show.

The truck with 2 sheriffs had no back country gear. He had no fire starter, no jump pack... in short he was a rube. For me the whole idea that he could be totally out gunned, out manned, and out planned by escapees and still prevail just lacked credibility.

The female sheriff was consumed by a total lack of professionalism and portrayed a chick- cop in the worst possible light.

Otherwise, it was a decent old time western with modern costuming.

He was wearing a leather jacket. That makes it totally believeable. :lol: :lol:

Guest Milo Talon SASS #23163

I agree that they need to do more research to help with the realism, they proved that last season with all the mistakes made concerning firearms. But, nevertheless, I just enjoy the hell out of this show.:)

I like the show, bettern CSI or some of the other cop shows, but I doubt he would have gone chasing the bad guys in jeans. And why is Viv the only deputy that wears fitted uniform shirts......

And he de-cocked his 1911 while pointing it at somebody. I don't like to de-cock my 1911, I never feel comfortable doing so with a round in the chamber. They should do more forearms research and have him put the saftey on and holster it cocked and locked!

All in all a decent show, good guy wins.

It's Hollywood, not a documentary. There are going to be gun and cop procedure mistakes. I try not to nit pick and just enjoy the ride.

And if you haven't read the books, I recommend them. You can't beat a book when it comes to a 1 hour tv show, no matter how good the show it.

But then I have an excess of imagination. ;)

Archived