SASS Wire Forum

anyone with relatives from the 42nd GA infantry?

Trigger Mike

My wife's great great grandfather was in the Georgia 42nd Infantry. They fought in Tennessee, and down to Vicksburg, MS where the unit was captured by Grant and furloughed with the promise never to fight the north again. They went home for 30 days and then went to back into service. On the CMP forum I stumbled on a seller who had a relative from the GA 42nnd. I thought I'd see if anyone on this forum had one as well. My wife's relative was captured again and sent home at the wars end and died on the train ride home from dysentery and is buried near Richmond. Thankfully he had a child before that or my wife would not be here and I would be lonely

Great Great Grand Father ( white side) was a part of the 1st Texas Calvary.

Part of Hood's Brigade as well.

My great-great grandfather was aide-de-camp to Genl. George Meade (unfortunately that made him a Yankee!), and I have Genl. Meade's field desk in my cowboy room.

Don't have anyone in the family that fought for the South that I know of. My loss, I reckon.

I'm afraid my ancestors that were in the U.S. at the time were farmers in Wisconsin The one's that fought in the Civil War probably were not supporting the Southern Cause. :(

Archived