SASS Wire Forum

RO I Class Sunday, May 19th, Nunn, Colorado

Grizzly Dave

Spring is in the air and the summer Cowboy Action Shooting season is at hand!

What better way to kick it off than to attend the RO I class, either for the first time, or as a refresher! If you have never attended a RO I class I highly recommend that you do, it really helps to familiarize you with the rules of the game.

Range Operations Basic Safety Course (RO1)

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Course Fee: $10

RO1 is the SASS Range Operations Basic Safety Course.

The class covers safety rules and guidelines for all who participate in SASS Cowboy Action Shooting ™. This course is good information for all posse members regardless of how much experience they have in Cowboy Action Shooting. It covers basic safety rules, posse organization and range officer responsibilities. We encourage all Cowboy Action Shooters to attend the course. You need not be a member of the Single Action Shooting Society to take the RO1 course.

"The purpose of this course is to ensure safety and consistency at every SASS club match, no matter what size the match. Each SASS competitor who sets foot on a range is a Safety Officer, responsible for his own safety and the safety of those nearby. It is our intent every SASS competitor has the knowledge to function as a Range Officer, given appropriate coaching on the range by experienced personnel."

This class runs all day and covers nearly every aspect of a Cowboy Action Shooting match with emphasis on Safety and Posse operations.

The fee for the class is $10. If you have attended a RO1 class in the past and want to take a refresher you are welcome to do so at no cost.

The Range Operations Basic Safety Course (RO1) is a prerequisite to the Range Officer Training (RO2) course

If you are interested in the Range Operations Basic Safety Course (RO1), please pre-register by sending an e-mail or telephoning: Red River Wrangler (Dave Bishop) at RedRiverWrangler@pawneestation.com or by phone, 970-225-0545

Preregistration is appreciated but not required.

The course will be held in the
classroom at Great Guns Sporting, Nunn, CO

Folks, I took the RO I class from Red River Wrangler and G W Ryder a couple of years ago, and can highly recommend it, and them as instructors. If I can figure out how to work it into my busy schedule, I'm going to attend it as a refresher. Hope to see you there!!!

Archived