SASS Wire Forum

California State Championship

As stated ! A tip of the hat to the entire crew at 5 Dogs, for putting together a great State Championship.

The match was a good one - The stages were clear and well thought out, (might want to reconsider the plate rack and mineshaft gong, for future use!) But, the most engaging thing about the match was the work and organization that went into making the match a delightful experience for the shooters.

When was the last time that you were at a major match where posses were finished before 1 p.m.?

I've taken issue with their matches in the past, but trust me, that's waaaay in the rearview mirror!

The included meals were terrific. There was plenty of FREE bottled water everywhere. There were complimentary electrolite supplements for anyone who wanted them! They even passed out free cookies and beer at the awards ceremony, which were brief, concise, and to the point.

Congrats to all the state champs, including overall winners Single Barrel and Little Fawn, but more, congratulations to the entire crew at 5 Dogs, for a terrific and enjoyable weekend of shooting.

Frederick Jackson Turner

p.s. A special thanks to combined posses 21 & 22 for making it quick, easy, and whoo-YEAH fun!

FJT,

I'll second that.

I did like the mineshaft gong - but then again, it was one of the targets that I was able to hit 4 for 4.

Great shoot. Great Posses 17 & 18 and we made a bunch of new friends.

It is on our "must make" list for 2014.

Conejo and Darlin Dakota Jo

Great match,very well organized.Good mix of target size and distance

I agree that the mine shaft should not be used, to many ? on hits or misses with light loads and shooters in the bays next door made it hard to hear the hits.

The food again this year was outstanding.

Royal Flush

A great big HOOya! (hmm, where have I heard that before?) to those who worked so hard to put this match on. No real surprise to me that the stages were well thought out and that the match, from my perspective, went smooth and nice.

One of my favorite shoots!

:ph34r: The match was great, as were the competitors, the staff and workers, and the vendors. The people were the funnest (?) :)

It was a pleasure to be The Exterminator for Allie Mo, and to find out why it is that her generator is almost as large as the trailer she tows..... :wub:

The iced bottled water in copious quantities was appreciated greatly in the 100 + degree heat of friday.

Mad Trapper of Rat River and Wandering Rose will be missed as mayor/mayoress-- they did a fabulous job!

See ya'll next year!

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

It was a lot of fun and I liked all of the stages (probably because I didn't try to hit the mine shaft)

I thought it was a great event. The match was well balanced, and everything else was wonderful. KUDOS to everyone who helped make this another winning event.

Snakebite

A tip of the hat to that Bo Bean fella; without his valuable assistance, I would NOT have been able to shoot the match!

He spent his afternoon on Thursday, making sure that I had a rifle to shoot on Friday and Saturday.

Much appreciated, amigo!

FJT

Archived