SASS Wire Forum

California: Gov signs gun confiscation bill (for those not allowed to have them)

...That's all good and dandy...but...won't the criminals just hide them somewhere...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/02/california-governor-signs-bill-to-speed-up-gun-seizures/?test=latestnews

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Truly a sad day in California. I wonder how many people will get caught up in this because of wrong numbers, same name and just plain paerwork screw ups.

KK

The bill authorizes $24 million for the state Department of Justice's Armed and Prohibited Persons program. The money will go to hire more agents to confiscate the weapons and reduce the backlog over the next three years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/02/california-governor-signs-bill-to-speed-up-gun-seizures/?test=latestnews#ixzz2S8zTVys8

Perhaps they will send the un documented bad guys back to where they came from at the same time, but I doubt it

How California is that, make a law to inforce a law already on the books but without any language to punish those lawbreakers that are crimials in the first place.

How soon before the "state" decides "who is allowed to have them" and take them away too.

They'd be better off investigating who is allowed to be there legally and spend the money in taking them away

Bunch of idiots!

How soon before the "state" decides "who is allowed to have them" and take them away too.

They'd be better off investigating who is allowed to be there legally and spend the money in taking them away

Bunch of idiots!

I live in nevada, and to many california folks re moving here (no retirement income tax), and still close to family left behind in ca

what is worse:::::: is many of them are trying to bring there ideas and stupid laws to pahrump

We are a small town that does not need crap laws, and a state that does not need them either

Truly a sad day in California. I wonder how many people will get caught up in this because of wrong numbers, same name and just plain paerwork screw ups.

KK

That was my first thought. -_-

When I was an undergraduate (some 45 years ago) I remember one of my Political Science professors pointing out that whatever is introduced in California eventually makes it's way across the rest of the country within 20 years or so. From what I've seen in life, I fear he was right. :unsure:

I live in nevada, and to many california folks re moving here (no retirement income tax), and still close to family left behind in ca

what is worse:::::: is many of them are trying to bring there ideas and stupid laws to pahrump

We are a small town that does not need crap laws, and a state that does not need them either

Welcome to californication.

Once confiscation starts, it doesn't stop.

Archived