SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State...2nd leg of the Triple Crown

Samuel "Doc" Eells

Hey Doc, we invented Stock Car racing in the south. Unfortunately "Skittles" thinks his nickname is his racing sponsor. We also make some fine whiskey which is what American Honey is. Straight up with just a little honey for flavor. By the way, Your Patron shots are a worthy alternative if your buying.... :D

Hey Barkeep, I have a package to trade with you for a sip of that "American Honey"; see ya on Thursday.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Barkeep, I have a package to trade with you for a sip of that "American Honey"; see ya on Thursday.

Ugly, Buck and I owe you half a bottle for all the transporting you been doing for us! Thanks, and see you Thursday.

Will there be food on the range? breakfast, Lunch?

Indy

jd Milton will be serving on the range Friday....Saturday and sunday the 4-h club will be having the little chuckwagon going.nothing gourmet but should have burgers,dogs,cold sodas,gatorades. not sure if they are doing the biscuits and gravy again this year.

I'm mainly looking for a hat and maybe some clothes.

If you get to the match, find Blackwater Desperado, for hats and clothes, he's not vending this weekend but he'll be shooting and singing with Milkbone.

Randy

(Me) Are we there yet?...........(Lickskillet Charlie)NO!...........(Me) Are we there yet?.............(Ben T.) Shut it, Barkeep!...........

(Me) Are we there yet?...........(Badger McNeely) Dang it Barkeep you are worse than my boys!.........(Me) Why is everyone so hostile this morning? Hey guys, are we there yet?

Wagon loaded!

Guns greased!

Food in saddlebags!

Horses reari'n ta go!

Waiti'n on wife ta get off work------------------

Be there about 6:00pm

Furryballs

Loadin' the truck! I'll pick up the band trailer at 4:30 this afternoon and then when Schoolmarm decides whether she's gonna' go or not I'll figure out what time I'm heading out in the morning!!

I had planned on arriving tomorrow morning but ran into some complications....will be getting in sometime late Fri afternoon, early eve. So you can let the women and children know that they are safe for most of day.

This is gonna be a good one folks....I know Doc and MGM....if'n you are still on the fence it's not to late...just give em a call....

KK

Wow !! What a match!! Fabulous weather, great stages, something for everybody, and the steaks were delectible!!

I had a ball!! Thanks to everyone involved in putting on this match!!

Major style points for a class shoot. Mean Gun Mark, Boaz and Doc Eells put on a hell of a shoot. No hiccups, well oiled match. Posse 10 was a blast. Everyone really pitched in....it was effortless.

KK

Shot my first clean match. Wasn't pretty, but it was clean.

Thanks goes to all the pards from Ohio for putting on a great, fun match.

And thanks to Badger, Karl, and the rest of posse 10. What a great posse filled up with every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. There were rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, train robbers, bank robbers, butt-kickers, bull-kickers and Methodists.

Man, what fun!

Congrats....but don't forget we had a Potlicker, or was it a Skilletpolisher....Oh, Yeah, I remember it was SKITTLES....lol.

KK

Posse 10 no doubt was a great one! I will remember this shoot fer a long time to come. Looking forward to next year already. PaPa Dave taught us all a lesson and I definetly picked up some awesome things to work on just watching. Met some great cowboys and had an awesome time. Thanks everyone at Miami Valley Cowboys for your hard work.

Tip a the hat, raise a glass, great job ta doc, mean gun mark, everyone behind the show! Great ta see folks again!

Sis and me had a hoot!!!

See everyone down the trail!

Furball

Posse 8 was great and we had Sage Chick for our posse marshal. Congrats on a great match, girl!!

It was really a pleasure to meet so many new folks! Sometimes, if you get away from the bunch you always shoot with, you get to meet a whole bunch of other fun folks!!

And the guys in the band said "THANKS!!" We had a great time! You folks rock!!

Wow! I had more fun on the first day than the whole of most matches. Everyone did such a great job bending over backwards making sure that we had a great time. You really felt like you were special! thanks so much!!!

Thanks to all who put this on! Had a great time, as usual! Even sold a bunch of stuff at Purdy Boy's Emporium and stuff. Met the boys from Alabam,,,good bunch of fellers!

Milkbone was fantastic and brought back lots of memories from Possum Trot!

Steaks are best of anywhere! barr nun!

Ifa Ida shot better then Copperhaid wouldn't have kicked my rear,,, nest time big fella!

Had a good time with posse one, and 8, I had to reshoot a stage a couple of us had mis-shot.

Got to see lot's of friends I hadn't seen since fall.

Purdy Boy

Special thanks goes out to Doc Eells,Mean Gun Mark, Boaz and Lassiter and all the workers that put this match on.What a great match plenty of food, fun and great shooters.

Ya'll really know how to treat us southern boys.

Korupt Karl, Next time i'll have me some Pot Holders for dat ol twice barrel choot gun when she heats up :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Fur Ball great seeing ya again :P

Well all the vagabonds made it back to Bama except Barkeep, we kicked his but out in Chatanoggie. :o Are we home yet. :lol::lol:

BTW POSSE 10 rocks :D :D :D

Back at cha charlie!!!!!

Till next our trails cross!!!!

Take care, furball

Another fantastic match put on by Doc, Mark, Boaz and the rest of the crew. had a great time with posse 9. Several folks I had not shot with before. Hadn't shot with Furball for a long time so it was nice to see him and Lil Sis on the posse. See y'all next year!!

Just simply OUTSTANDING !!!!!!

Guys you sure made this one he!! of a match !!!!

GREAT TIME !

You sure are setting the bar for us here in Indiana. Hope to see all of ya at the Indiana State match in September !

Stages were fast and fun. Props and lines were great ! Food was right on.

Seeing so many friends------PRICELESS............

Doc and once again, it was awesome to see ya !

well we learned a few more things as well......1-no more small door prizes, next year there will be about 6 total, but bigger better....a couple more guns perhaps, a loader and we will give some out on sat...that way the banquet dosent get dragging.......2-better organization on the camping arrangements, was never a problem before, but with 200+shooters. well that's another story... As early as we finished shooting maybe move the banquet forward by an hour or so, and proof read our schedule times....again and again to prevent the mistakes we let slip thru. All in all ....things went very smooth and was great seeing all my old and new friends .....And I just put in the order for the same weather next year.....yall mark your calanders for next year.....same bat time-same bat channel....mgm

A great job and a big hats off to the entire Ohio crew! This was my first big match an I had just a whale of a time! Met some really super folks and was really surprised at how many I already knew (and that talked ta me anyways!!!). I learned a lot about my technique (or lack of it!) that I need to work on too. Now, ifin' I can get my wife an kids to the next one it will be perfect.

And Posse 10 rocks!

Thanks goes to all the pards from Ohio for putting on a great, fun match.

And thanks to Badger, Karl, and the rest of posse 10. What a great posse filled up with every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. There were rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, train robbers, bank robbers, butt-kickers, bull-kickers and Methodists.

Man, what fun!

I resemble that remark..... Posse 10 rocked. A special thanks to the whole Piqua gang as well for all your hard work!

It was a fantastic match, it was good to finely make it up there with Doc, Mean Mark and Boaz, great stages, they ran fast, good for GF too, Lady T and I had a blast and sure hope to make it back some time. The only problem I saw was the amount of misses in those pieces of steel, sure though all those would have been gone by now. :lol:

Great job guys, see you in Alabama and Black Gold in July.

Posse 8 was the best, Sage Chick and Rimshot Randi were a joy to watch and every one pitched in to make the match run smoothly.

Ruby and I had a blast, Thanks to the many hands who helped put it on. Said thanks to most in person but ya'll deserve to have it said here so everybody knows what a great job you did.

Black Tom.

Ruby and I had a blast, Thanks to the many hands who helped put it on. Said thanks to most in person but ya'll deserve to have it said here so everybody knows what a great job you did.

Black Tom.

thanks tom....sent your awards home via knob creek drover.

Thanks all for the words! Like Mean Gun said, we have once again learned some things. Hope we can put them to practice next year and make this match even better. I can't give justice to my gratitude for all of you who came out to our little sandbox to play! It was such a thrill to saunter down the range and see all the folks, see all the smiles and hear the laughter and the gunfire! Our little range has never been so full of people as it was this year and we thank each and every one of you for coming out! As I said to some of you already, it does not matter how much we do to put on a match if you all don't come! We sincerely loved having you all! Hope to see each of you back!

Doc, MGM and Boaz - As many before have said "Thanks for all the hard work and dedication you put into this shoot" it truely showed! We had a blast and can't wait till next year when we can do it all over again.

TL and Dry Fire

Archived