SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State...2nd leg of the Triple Crown

Samuel "Doc" Eells

It is hard to believe we are only a month off from the Ohio State Championship, Shootout at Hard Times! The entries are rolling in and the plotting and planning continue. Range work day on Saturday to set the stages! Wow! We had such a great time with Mose and Bella at the 1st leg of the Triple in Sparta and I can't wait for the the 2nd leg! I have a feeling that Piqua Ohio will never be the same! I say that having tossed back a few with the vagabonds from Alabama! Oh, and because Copperhead will be there, along with T Bone. Even though this is shaping up to be one whale of a party, I will assure you all that this shoot will be all you have come to expect from this match. Some targets will be close, some even closer, and some will be out there a little bit. You will have movement and choices. Gunfighters will not be forced to shoot Double Duelist. The theme this year is Blazing Saddles! Bring your Beano for the meet and greet! We are really excited to have so many shooters this year that have never been to our little match. Ya'll rest up, your gonna need it! We will keep ya going. Friday side matches, including wild bunch, and a mini match, Friday night meet and greet (bring a covered dish or dessert) with live music with Blackwater Desperado and Milkbone! There is some serious southern rock there! Saturday main match, man on man event and one incredible steak dinner, Sunday morning chapel, part 2 of the main match, and then the banquet and awards with live music by the Mac-O-Chee Kid and the Smiling Valley Riders! Monday, well, you'll be ready to go home so you can rest up all over again for Alabama State!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc ya might be right,Ohio ain't never gonna be the same after this bunch of VAGABONDS from Alabama get there.Gonna be like Marvin the Martian meets Sponge Bob :lol::lol::lol: Looking forward to this shoot see ya'll in a few weeks. LSC

one month........ :huh::huh: holy cowboy shootin batman........ I gotta get to work :excl::excl: no really its like planning a great big ole party,,,,,for a 170 or so of your best friends and while were there we break out a cowboy shoot!

Well if your gonna open the doors and let Alabama folks come.....I guess your gonna need a Judge and his better half from the great state of Georgia to come and keep Barkeep and Charlie in line.

Yeah Buddy, I am coming to Ohio. I'm gonna need some rest after Georgia state this week. And since them babies from Alabama won't come visit me I guess I can follow them to Ohio.

The apps are in the mail and the room is reserved. YeeeeeHaaaaa!!! Even one legged I'm jumping up and down.

I can't wait....gotta get my app in....Mean Gun, mark me down please....I'll get it in soon.

KK

Only 4 rooms left at the host hotel folks....better get one reserved while you can so you can stay close to the shoot and the party.... or the party and the shoot. :D

This is one I've been lookin' forward to since Smokeout In The Hills last fall. Y'all get ready for some great shootin' and one heck of a party!! Kain't wait to get together with all my pards again!!

And I'm bringin' Ol' Dragon Breath!!

Judge we may need ya there to hold court for us,can't never tell whats gonna happen when this bunch of Alabama Rednecks go north.

Man i wish we could make it down this weekend for the Ga. state, but it's our members 2 day shoot and elections for the board.Looks like

it's gonna be one heck of a party down there.Maybe next year tho. LSC

YEE-HAW! May starts tomorrow - Let the Countdown Begin! It is going to be one of the highlights of the year!!! YEE-HAW!

Hey, Blackwater, Thanks for fixing up my hats. Ole Blackwater did a great job re-blocking two of my hats! They look tremendous!

KCD

I'm in, of course!!!!!!!!!!!

pb

When are you Ohioans going to update the "Who's Signed Up" link? It only has 43 shooters list since March 31..

Spittoon

When are you Ohioans going to update the "Who's Signed Up" link? It only has 43 shooters list since March 31..

Spittoon

will have a complete update by,on saturday....just got back from sparta and spent one evening cleanin guns...working on the range tonite and tomorrow....and registration by the weekend.

will have a complete update by,on saturday....just got back from sparta and spent one evening cleanin guns...working on the range tonite and tomorrow....and registration by the weekend.

Wanted to see who is going to whup me. Thanks.

Spittoon

Doc, I am not even sure what a Vagabond is. But I am pretty sure I resemble that remark.

Judge, I might need your help deciphering this Yankee speak.

We are arriving on the 23rd! Can't wait!!!!!!

Doc, I am not even sure what a Vagabond is. But I am pretty sure I resemble that remark.

Judge, I might need your help deciphering this Yankee speak.

We are arriving on the 23rd! Can't wait!!!!!!

barkeep, if you guys make it in time, there is a impromptu dinner at a real nice family Italian resturaunt we do a dinner at...thur .....dinner between 6 or 7 or so....let me know if ya want the details.

It was good to meet Mean Gun Mark at the Midwest Classic and see Doc Eells again, this will be my first trip to the Shootout and I'm ready except for cleaning guns, loading ammo, washing and packing clothes and trying to get a little practice in.

Mark

Does that offer work for us Georgia folk??

Somebody has to translate Yankee for Barkeep and Charlie!!!

Count me and Yazoo in!!!!!

absolutely

spoke with buckshot today....entries are at 140....updates on line soon. electric camp sites are full...still some dry camping available. if ya need an electric site check the campsite we got on our website...about 15 mins from the range....also the mini warm up match is getting near capacity...get your apps in .the initial 30 hotel rooms we had blocked are all gone so we blocked 10 more, there are 4 rooms left. .there is a comfort inn across the road if the la quinta maxes out. folks this is gonna be the biggest best shootout yet.! did I mention its gonna be fun .the hard part is watching blazing saddles and trying to narrow it down to only 12 starting lines. :unsure:

Hey Mark,

How do you sign up for the mini-match? If I still can, I would like to sign up for it.

19 Days until "D-Day" (Departure Day) YEE-HAW!

KCD

there is a block to check on the match application.....I will make sure yours is marked....anything for the "gumbo king"

there is a block to check on the match application.....I will make sure yours is marked....anything for the "gumbo king"

Mark, Papa Dave and I signed up with Triple Crown, can we still get in the Mini-Match?

Thanks

Randy

barkeep, if you guys make it in time, there is a impromptu dinner at a real nice family Italian resturaunt we do a dinner at...thur .....dinner between 6 or 7 or so....let me know if ya want the details.

Sounds great!

Mark

Does that offer work for us Georgia folk??

Somebody has to translate Yankee for Barkeep and Charlie!!!

Count me and Yazoo in!!!!!

Now it will be a party!!!

Now Barkeep, this is a first class kinda joint, unlike the redneck places we tend to frequent. We're gonna have ta be on some sort of good behavior! No food fights like what Mean Gun started down at Rock Castle last year!!!!!!! I have it on good authority though, that they do sell booze!

Mark, Papa Dave and I signed up with Triple Crown, can we still get in the Mini-Match?

Thanks

Randy

I will take care of it

Put me down for the Wild Bunch and Mini Match also.

got ya covered....gunfighter for mini match.....modern or trad for wildunch?

Now Barkeep, this is a first class kinda joint, unlike the redneck places we tend to frequent. We're gonna have ta be on some sort of good behavior! No food fights like what Mean Gun started down at Rock Castle last year!!!!!!! I have it on good authority though, that they do sell booze!

By no means did I start that!

Archived