SASS Wire Forum

AR15 price drop

Trigger Mike

went to a local store and they had a grizzly ar15. 1895, was the first price, then it was marked down to 1495 and then marked down again to 995 firm. It was still sitting there. Are colt prices dropping as well now?

Also seen price drop, one counter person when I asked about the drop in prices, said that many are asking is ammo available. He said they haven't sold one in 3 weeks. Everyone is asking for the ammo. MT

Not at the gun show I went to this weekend!

Saw a colt with 3 30 rd mags, Leopold scope, bi pod, bull barrel go for$2800 this weekend at a auction. Sane auction a dpms nib sold for $500

the law of supply and demand dictates that once the price rises above demand the price will drop to where demand will start again. The same law applies to ammo. Once we stop paying too high a price, the price will start to drop.

I shot IDPA with the gun department manager of the local Cabelas. He reports that they are "already coming in for sale so fast that I have set a firm price of $500 and I don't care what it has on it."

He said that in the last 3 weeks they've purchased over a dozen of them.

In the words of the Baron Von Rothschilds, the richest man in the world at one time and the father of modern investment banking, "Buy when there is blood in the streets and sell when it looks like the frenzy will never end."

Archived