SASS Wire Forum

With friends like McCain, who needs enemies?

Dusty Balz, SASS#46599

AZ: McCain visits/thanks Obama team for support on gun bill

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mccain...rticle/2528049

McCain visits Obama team in Arizona to thank them for support on gun billApril 24, 2013 | 3:33 pm

Joel Gehrke

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., had a warm meeting with Obama for America

Organizing for Action volunteers in Arizona, as the senator and the

members of President Obama’s former campaign apparatus thanked each

other for their alliance in support of Obama’s desired gun legislation.

“The speakers commended Senator McCain for showing leadership on this

issue, and made it clear that we’re still hopeful that, with his help

and support, we will get a bipartisan law to protect our country and our

local community,” OFA’s Erin Kelly wrote in a blog post today.

“We were shocked and excited to see Senator McCain himself, who had

been driving by his office on his way home and had seen the thank-you

signs. The senator had pulled over to the side of the road to thank his

constituents for our support.”

Organizing for Action is the Obama campaign rebranded as a nonprofit,

officially nonpartisan advocacy group. A studious Senate maverick,

McCain’s visit won’t endear him to the grassroots base in his own party.

The OFA post provoked a mixed response among liberal activists.

“Sorry OFA but I just can’t go there,” reads the top comment on the

post. Another comment: “This is not 2007 OFA. I missed those days.”

The third commenter thinks it’s really a jab at Democrats. “As

completely undeserving of praise John McCain may be, I can understand

(to a certain degree) why the “thank you” is a smart move,” she writes.

“It slaps those Dems that voted AGAINST background checks in the face …

a resounding slap!”

One commenter approved of the move. “I am glad they said Thank you to John McCain. It was the right thing to do.”

McCain is not our friend, clear and simple. AZ needs to replace him.

And I voted for that guy for Pres.What a mistake.

HS

yup ....and it's easy to see why Sarah Palin and he had their issues. Though I admire and honor his service to our country he has turned out to be a crap legislator

Oh come on! you didn't vote for him you voted for Sarah! Now tell the truth!!

I fear the good Senator left all his brains and character in a North Vietnam cell. A more noble response to refuse freedom until all prisoners were released can not be forgotten. That being said, I have been continually disappointed with his actions in the Senate and run for President. I am hopeful we will see his sorry rear end on our rear view mirror at the end of this term (if we live to tell it). Sagerider in AZ

Oh come on! you didn't vote for him you voted for Sarah! Now tell the truth!!

you're damned right I did! :)

yup ....and it's easy to see why Sarah Palin and he had their issues. Though I admire and honor his service to our country he has turned out to be a crap legislator

Not only that but he is masquerading as a Republican.

Sad to say I supported McRINO in 2008. His organization keeps sending me e-mails for more $. Going to have to craft a well written epistle to McRINO telling him the money and support has now dried up since he went left on this gun control nonsense.

The Republican establishment is increasingly becoming no different than the progressive leftist Marxists. I may be running out of folks to vote for unless a new generation of pro 2nd Amendment Conservatives come to the forefront.

Sad to say I supported McRINO in 2008. His organization keeps sending me e-mails for more $. Going to have to craft a well written epistle to McRINO telling him the money and support has now dried up since he went left on this gun control nonsense.

The Republican establishment is increasingly becoming no different than the progressive leftist Marxists. I may be running out of folks to vote for unless a new generation of pro 2nd Amendment Conservatives come to the forefront.

Thankfully they exist... hope they run for the top job

GG

Thankfully they exist... hope they run for the top job

GG

consider Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee

As much as I would like to see Ted Cruz make a run for the oval office, I'm afraid that's imposible. You see Cruz was born in Calgary Alberta Canada. His mother Eleanor (a native of Delaware) & his father Rafael (a Cuban refugee to the U.S.) brought him to the US at the age of four. To learn more about Cruz go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz#Early_life_and_education

More strong possible presidential runners would be TX Lt Gov. David Dewhurst and TX Attorney General Greg Abbott. Although Abbott has already stated he will run for Governor in 2014. I think either would do a great job and both are strongly conservative and pro 2nd Amendment. You can read about them too @ Wikipedia.

Unless I am drasticly mistaken, (and I am on occasion) the requirement is that you be born an American citizen, which Mr. Cruz meets solely by having American parentage, i.e. his mother. You do not have to be born IN the United States.

Unless I am drastically mistaken, (and I am on occasion) the requirement is that you be born an American citizen, which Mr. Cruz meets solely by having American parentage, i.e. his mother. You do not have to be born IN the United States.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States. Section 1 Article 2 of the Constitution.

Only the president and vice president has to be born on US soil.

The controversy arising from conspiracy theories over Barack Obama's citizenship and eligibility for the presidency prompted a number of Republican state and federal legislators to propose legislation aimed at requiring future presidential candidates to release copies of their birth certificates. The Hawaii State legislature went in the opposite direction, to limit the lengths that proponents can go in pursuit of this issue, as the pursuits have drained resources from the state. I still don't believe Bambam was born anywhere but Kenya. Why would his family in Africa lie about it? Specially his grandmother. She says she was in the delivery room in Mombassa when he was born.

McCain is a perfect example of why there should be "term limits" becasue as they approach the "twilight" of their careers and know that they are not going to run for office again they are no longer accountable to their constituency and vote accordingly for their "personal agenda".

McCain is a perfect example of why there should be "term limits" becasue as they approach the "twilight" of their careers and know that they are not going to run for office again they are no longer accountable to their constituency and vote accordingly for their "personal agenda".

add Harry Reid to that list and many more

Archived