SASS Wire Forum

Now that I have time

Black Harris  #154

When I was a bit younger I was an actor on TV and Motion Pictures, I was very lucky!

I used to watch Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly dance and thought how cool that would be, but I never took a dance class. I even met Gene Kelly on the set of Inherit the Wind, I did work on that movie.

Well, I have been preforming in CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) Follies for the last few years. A two act musical is written for 100 of us and we rehearse for 3 months. Singing, acting and dancing we have raised over $6,000,000.00 in the last 16 years for CHOC. Well the only part of the production I have not participated in was the Tap Dancing.

Well, at 66 I am taking Tap Dancing Lessons!

What a hoot, I should have done this years ago!

BH

Well good for you!

Maybe we'll see you up in lights on Broadway.

Good way to keep yourself limber.

That's great...my wife is the BIGGEST Gene Kelly fan - He is what inspired her to dance ...and if it wasn;t for her dancing she and I would not have ever met...

Enjoy the fun BH ~

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I always wished I could dance but I'm as graceful as a cow jumping off a rock.

Good for you BH, and I'd pay to see that musical. How local is it to Ontario? (The one in California, not Oregon or Canada.)

Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa next year then we get the new theatre at Chapman University, Orange

Sweet Nell, Rowdy Yates, BT Blade, Lucky Wheeler, Capt Jake, Miss Double D, UK Dane, the entire Walker 47 family, Rose in Da Morning, Capt Lewis, Janny Ringo and Toulumne Tweed attended - bunch of cowboys and cowgirls came to the show this year.

BH

When I was a bit younger I was an actor on TV and Motion Pictures, I was very lucky!

I used to watch Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly dance and thought how cool that would be, but I never took a dance class. I even met Gene Kelly on the set of Inherit the Wind, I did work on that movie.

Well, I have been preforming in CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) Follies for the last few years. A two act musical is written for 100 of us and we rehearse for 3 months. Singing, acting and dancing we have raised over $6,000,000.00 in the last 16 years for CHOC. Well the only part of the production I have not participated in was the Tap Dancing.

Well, at 66 I am taking Tap Dancing Lessons!

What a hoot, I should have done this years ago!

BH

Wonderful!!!! Are you going to dance for us at the next match? The boardwalk would be perfect for it!!!

Congrats, BH. It's great that you finally get to live a dream. Keep dreaming!!!

"Rowdy, you weenie, why didn't you tell me about this? mad.giftongue.png And BT and Lucky, too. It's a conspiracy!!! ohmy.png"

====================================

I think they were scouting as you do lunch cafes before bring the GLB in.

The decision was most likely, you couldn't handle that much good culture at once. ;^)

Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa next year then we get the new theatre at Chapman University, Orange

Sweet Nell, Rowdy Yates, BT Blade, Lucky Wheeler, Capt Jake, Miss Double D, UK Dane, the entire Walker 47 family, Rose in Da Morning, Capt Lewis, Janny Ringo and Toulumne Tweed attended - bunch of cowboys and cowgirls came to the show this year.

BH

You know I'd a been there to see ya pard - sorry to have missed it.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

How awesome is that? One of the things I keep wanting to do is to get back in the martial arts when money allows. You give me hope for the future!

Archived