SASS Wire Forum

Neighbors Sue Founders Ranch

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'll bet the ones whining the loudest all bought and moved in well after SASS started operating Founders Ranch.

Several ranges here got closed down the same way, sheesh people, when you buy a house, don't you check and see what else is around it? I do.

move in next to a shooting range, then belly ache about the noise? here in God's country we'd say "TOUGH CRAP"!

move in next to a shooting range, then belly ache about the noise? here in God's country we'd say "TOUGH CRAP"!

Hey Hoss, are all of you coming for the State shoot again? We have people that look at then buy a house right under the landing paths of the GF Airport.Then gripe about the noise the Airline and Air Guard planes are making.So,very little surpirses about what people will do.

It's like the people who move out to the country next to a farm and than complain about the smell.

The farm has been there for generations and the newbies think they should stop creating the smells.

Obnoxious people who should go back to whence they came.

Howdy,

Mebbe some retired SASS pards could make them an offer and move in there?

Ive never been to the ranch but that sure sounds like a whole pile of fun.

They could move over here to Illinois and see about high taxes, floods,

crooked polyticians and oh ya, 30 below zero winters.

Last week we had rivers eight feet above flood stage.

We got it ALL.

Best

CR

Complainers. My home is about 30 feet from an active train track. Freight trains go by at any time day or night. Doesn't seem to bother
me any. The house I live in has been at that location for over 150 years. I'm not sure which was there first--the house or the tracks. I
knew the tracks were there when I bought the place. I bet there isn't a lot of shooting that happens at the Founders Ranch at 2:30 in the
morning--but the trains go by my place at that time of day. No complaints from me.

OO

Been that way ever since the settlers started fencing the grass off and blocking access to water..... More'n a couple of people been killed over the very idea that NO, you don't always have absolute rights over your property, even if ya was there first, are the nicest, etc.... But "most popular" helps, meaning having the judge in yer pocket by way of helping him get elected....

Do we know for certain that the residents who are complaining moved there after Founder's Ranch was established? I read the article in the link and did not see anything about who was there first.

I hope Founder's Ranch wins the decision, it is not yet clear to me who was there first.

Obnoxious people who should go back to whence they came.

Them other folks wised up, now the obnoxious ones aren't welcome to come back, either.

I hope Founder's Ranch wins the decision, it is not yet clear to me who was there first.

Well, "first use" usually does not have much play in a zoning hearing.

As the news reported last night, "Founder's Ranch seems to be following the law and conditions of their use permit." That is usually the more important piece, and how zoning is supposed to be enforced.

Good luck, GJ

Well, "first use" usually does not have much play in a zoning hearing.

As the news reported last night, "Founder's Ranch seems to be following the law and conditions of their use permit." That is usually the more important piece, and how zoning is supposed to be enforced.

Good luck, GJ

Based on complaints tho the County can change the use permit at some point. I am sure that is what the neighbors really want.

Complainers. My home is about 30 feet from an active train track. Freight trains go by at any time day or night. Doesn't seem to bother

me any. The house I live in has been at that location for over 150 years. I'm not sure which was there first--the house or the tracks. I

knew the tracks were there when I bought the place. I bet there isn't a lot of shooting that happens at the Founders Ranch at 2:30 in the

morning--but the trains go by my place at that time of day. No complaints from me.

OO

The shotgun range is not illuminated. There's no shooting after sundown. This range does not disturb the peace. I live a half mile from the Rio Grande and hear duck hunters all winter in the morning and evening. Doesn't bother me. I just wonder how many duck the hunters bagged and wish I were in a blind with them instead of going to work. That should change soon.

I hope the Founders Ranch shotgun range is running for the Buffalo Stampede. I intend to bust plenty of clays after shooting the main stages if the wind isn't blowing too hard. I do hope Ms. Ende hears my rounds. They are cheapo Wally World promo rounds and make lots of noise.

And I'll bet the ones whining the loudest all bought and moved in well after SASS started operating Founders Ranch.

Several ranges here got closed down the same way, sheesh people, when you buy a house, don't you check and see what else is around it? I do.

Yep, that is the thing I never understand. You are there years before they move in, you are doing the same stuff as always and they move in knowing the situaton----- then they have a problem and bring a lawsuit ------ its just wrong!

I have ranges to the east and west of me. Sure, you can hear'em shooting, but they don't make anymore noise than other machinery that runs through here at times. The one to the east hosts LEO's for practice :blush:

Well not would scare me! Half of them can't shoot worth a hoot! :P

I bet SASS has some pretty savvy and powerful lawyers to deal with this....

don't know if this has anything to do with the suit...but found this...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

So who was there first? Someone should know the answer.

Well, yes, there are several folks who know.

Not all that pertinent, IMHO.

Good luck, GJ

Gunner, that was from a prior meeting to get an extension on trying for a special use permit, above the original permit. Same group of complainers. I think some of the folks 'live' @ a the commision meetings...if you get my drift.

I am sure things will work out...I see some for sale signs already.

Gunner, that was from a prior meeting to get an extension on trying for a special use permit, above the original permit. Same group of complainers. I think some of the folks 'live' @ a the commision meetings...if you get my drift.

I am sure things will work out...I see some for sale signs already.

Right on Singin' Sue..it was an interesting video ....Hope all the best for a sport that has brought great people into many lives including my own - Go SASS.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Who was there first has little to do with it. The shooting range that my dad used to go to with his dad in the 50's was shut down 10 years ago or so because the encroaching yuppies in their condo's complained about the noise. I imagine with all the lead that must be in that ground that it would qualify as a superfund site.

Update: Restraining order mislabeled. Shooting not prohibited. See http://www.mvtelegraph.com/2013/04/25/court-shooting-can-go-on-at-founders-ranch/. Here is the bio on SASS' lawyer: http://chflaw.com/gary_s_friedman_attorney.html. Knowing the Wild Bunch this fellow is as good as J. Noble Daggett.

OK pards, are there enough twists and turns in this plot to keep you on the edge of your seats until May 9th?

I bought 18 acresof brush and old junk yard. Started cleaning it up and doing a little pistol shooting on it. Neighbor came over and politely complained about the noise. I told him I was lucky if I got time to shoot once a month, not that much noise. Also told him I would eventually get back cleaned up and would be shooting farther away. Then I told him there was really only 2 things in life I really wanted, a place to shoot and a hog farm! We still wave at one another when I go to my range.....

In TX & some other states counties don't have zoning laws. Only incorporated towns can do that. I guess SASS didn't look into that before they bought the land. We also have a range protection laws. Surrounding residents who bought their homes after the range was built have no standing. Maybe they could buy Ms Ende's home & convert it into a B&B for SASS members attending events @ FR. But who would have thought there would be a problem with noise so far from Juan Thomas road. I've been to FR & I think you could barely hear the gunfire coming from the range.

Maybe you can get some tuned target plates that play a soothing lullaby when hit it order for Ms. Ende.

I've been to FR & I think you could barely hear the gunfire coming from the range.

I recently stood on Juan Thomas road and Barton Road junction, while a major sporting clays event was being held. My hearing is pretty good. Wind was blowing at about 10 MPH from the north, so that would have helped carry sound in the direction I was standing. I could, by paying close attention, just barely hear an occasional shot. Much less sound than a soft conversation at arms length.

Their complaints seem to be based on "it's a great time to be emotional about guns," rather than on provable nuisance and disruption of their lives and personal safety. That is why I believe they are trying to "try it in the local press."

Good luck, GJ

Archived