SASS Wire Forum

GE Capital to stop lending to gun shops

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge-capital-stops-lending-to-gun-shops-wsj-2013-04-24?dist=bigcharts

Looks like I will no longer buy a GE product if another alternative is available....

GG ~ :unsure:

Time to STOP buying any thing with the GE name on it !

You can't fly many commercial airliners that don't have GE Engines.

Like I said...if there's an 'alternative'...

And I am sure they make components that might be used in vacuums....GE has their footprint in most things.

Unfortunately...a company that makes wind turbine blades for GE is great business for us....oh well

GG

I never buy anything from GE! There is plenty of places to borrow money from it's GE's lost!

GE Capital also handles financing for many major companies. IE; JC Pennys, Lowes, Chevron/Texaco just to name a few . If you have any chain store credit cards look at the back in the tiny print. They have their fingers in lots of pies, & they're not pulling out plums like little Jack Horner, just loads of cash.

I divested GE stocks and mutual funds about 4 years ago when they moved many of their manufacturing facilities to China. I don't/won't buy anything made by them. I threw out a perfectly good radio/alarm clock made by them.

I can't start boycotting GE since I already avoid their consumer products. Fifteen years ago I equiped the kitchen with GE-branded appliances that have all failed and been replaced or repaired repeatedly.

I can't start boycotting GE since I already avoid their consumer products. Fifteen years ago I equiped the kitchen with GE-branded appliances that have all failed and been replaced or repaired repeatedly.

Good move - most of their junk is made in Chinaland anyway...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yet you will buy products from Japan or Germany interesting.

Correct. What don't you get?

aarp sent me the card prior to my 50th birthday, I sent it back to the CEO with note stating that I will not support thier organization due to their continued support of liberal causes that I do not agree with, so please stop sending me anything in the mail, AND I sent the cost of aarp membership to the NRA as a donation in the name of their CEO.

haven't heard a thing from them since

aarp sent me the card prior to my 50th birthday, I sent it back to the CEO with note stating that I will not support thier organization due to their continued support of liberal causes that I do not agree with, so please stop sending me anything in the mail, AND I sent the cost of aarp membership to the NRA as a donation in the name of their CEO.

You the Balz brother! I salute you for doin' it before I thought of doin' it. B)

I got stuff from them all the time, used to trash it, then sent it back with their postage stated similiar to what you did. Don't get stuuf from them anymore, and I don't buy AARP endorsed products.

Good move - most of their junk is made in Chinaland anyway...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Unfortunately, most appliance stuff is produced in China now, regardless of brand. I work for TE Connectivity, currently in their appliance division. We make connectors for the consumer appliance and rail industry. They are closing our plant, idling 620+ folks, and moving it all to China and Mexico. We made boatloads of money here, 16-35% pre-tax profit, but it wasn't enough. Now I'm moving to our automotive division, which I give about 3-5 years in the US before it is gone as well.....

I did it 8 years ago when I turned 50

I still have not heard back from the dirty rotton buggers

I try to tell evey one that tuns 50 that they are not always for us older folks, just making insurance money these days

Time not only to stop buying from them, but tell them that too!! I very much doubt they will figure it out by themselves :blink:

Knarley

Archived