SASS Wire Forum

Teen arrested ultimately because a DA teacher didn't like his NRA T-shirt

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

If he was my kid I'd . . . prosecute! prosecute! prosecute! . . . . to the full extent of the law for violation of his first amendment right!

+1 & fire the teacher. It'll be interesting to see just how this plays out. But if in the student's favor it probably won't make the news. The'll probably settle out of court with a gag order attached to the agreement.

Seems to be a situation of taking away his First Amendment Right because they didn't like anything connected to the 2nd Amendment. I wonder if there would have been an issue if the kid was wearing a Che Guevara T-Shirt? Probably not since murderous Che is a hero to the far left.

Seems to be a situation of taking away his First Amendment Right because they didn't like anything connected to the 2nd Amendment. I wonder if there would have been an issue if the kid was wearing a Che Guevara T-Shirt? Probably not since murderous Che is a hero to the far left.

Pretty much - plus it wasn't in school policy that wearing a shirt with a 'gun' on it was a violation. Just sounds like a bunch of anti-gun teachers wanted to harrass the kid...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

His rights were not violated .A dress code is quite constitutional and we all know this. ;)

I was a teacher for 32 years. There is NO "dress code" that "trumps" freedom of speech!

Guest Texas Jack Black
Posted · Hidden by Misty Moonshine, April 25, 2013 - Language overboard!
Hidden by Misty Moonshine, April 25, 2013 - Language overboard!

So I guess this youngster could walk down the halls swearing, maybe uttering racial slurs maybe wearing a t-shirt that says Slut, Faggot or teachers suck ?these codes have been in effect for years.

Archived