SASS Wire Forum

Fanning and "Slip-Hammering"

Waco Jim

Looks like there are two threads going on here. One about "slip hammering" and one about the Etymology of the expression y'all.

Doc T, I think the other writer you are thinking of is John Taffin. I never did know how his name is pronounced. Is it like Tay-fin or Taff-in? I think he made a big deal about competing with "mouse fart" loads.

Buck

What are youins talkin' about?

Now, somebody tell me where that word came from. Having grown up using it, I can assure you that when used, everyone present knew what it meant.

I'm sure y'all are gonna correct me on this but wasn't it Elle Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies what coined that phrase??

I'm sure y'all are gonna correct me on this but wasn't it Elle Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies what coined that phrase??

I'm pretty sure she's a cousin. We hillbillies are most all kin, but contrary to popular belief, we don't marry our sisters. Date 'em, but never marry 'em. I'm gonna marry this cousin. She's got purdy eyes.

2008December26thruJanuary1066.jpg

boy aint heard 'youins' since I was a kid. Have to start using it again. And like I have to explain to some yankees I have come in contact with, y'all is singular and all y'all is plural. Now Thanks to Buck I can also add youins as the plural too.

Thank all y'all,

Tascosa :unsure:

Archived