SASS Wire Forum

Thumper for dinner

And yet the Evil critter thinks he gets picked on..... :wacko:

Hey i didn't say a thing....

Soak in lemon juice , or red wine if you prefer, pepper a touch of salt over night

Grill ...douse with juice mixed with garlic

andmelted butter periodically.

Rabbit, 2 sliced onions, 3 tablespoons vinegar, pinch of thyme, salt and pepper to taste, 12 prunes, cornstarch and water to thicken pan juices.

Cut into serving size pieces, brown in butter, but dont cook through. Saute onions and place over rabbit in deep pan, add water to cover. Add vinegar and thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and place in oven at 350 for an hour. Turn oven down to 325, add prunes, bake 45 minutes longer. Thicken pan juices and serve over brown rice.

Dress it, cut it up into frying pieces, dredge in seasoned flour.

Get a pan going on the stove, add some oil. Slice up a bunch or two of green onions, add to pan. When the white parts JUST start to turn color, remove the onions from the pan, reserve.

Add the rabbit to the pad. Brown well. Add the juice of two lemons, and about half a cup of port or sherry. Let reduce some. Add a tablespoon or two of coarsely chopped capers. Add back the green onions. Cover and let cook for a few minutes. Remove rabbit pieces to serving platter, pour pan sauce over it, add some freshly chopped green onions.

Enjoy.

Rabbit or should I say "Thumper" dumlins' an stew !

Can't member whats in it, but I likes it ! :D

Wild thumper needs some cooking time in liquid for tenderizing. Store bought can be handled like chicken.

Wild thumper needs some cooking time in liquid for tenderizing. Store bought can be handled like chicken.

Yea but store bought rabbit don't taste like wild grown Thumper wood ! :D

Cook up some Thumper and Bambi stew wif dumplins' and cracklins' and coffee !

So good, it'll make ya slap ole Grandmaw ! ;):lol:

Most culinary school recipes do exactly that (braising) for even store bought lagomorphs. The hind legs get a lot of use and can be relatively tough even on a young rabbit.

Lagomorphs ? :blink:

Dat aint dim frog legs , is it ? :(

I likes dim two ! ;)

myself I prefer venison,,,,, if Imma gonna clean somethan I want there to be a lot of it...

pb

I've got two backstraps soaking in Pinot Noir in the fridge as we speak.....you know what's on the menu for tomorrow....

pb

Your the icing............heeheheeeeeeeeeeeee :P

My mamma used to fry them in bacon grease . no flour, only salt and pepper. She would serve them with fresh pinto beans and tortillas or Fry bread and it was a meal! Boy, I miss those days!!!!! mmm, mmmm :);):wub:

Ya know....ya can all stop referring to your food as Bambi and Thumper!!!! :huh:

I just don't get no respect round here!! <_<

I 'spoze "Daisy" the cow is out too.......I'm gettin' hungry.

Gonna go shoot somethin'..............

Knarley

cows IS fer eating..... :huh: who the heck is Daisy??

Cows is for giving milk, Rocky bullwinkel, thumper.bambi. and buffilo is for eaten.

"Daisy" THE COW, along with "Buttercup"(They be milkers) ...................The be the happy ones from Cali-funny-a........... And then there is "Angus" (He be the bergerbull @ Hardee's)

Knarley

Cows is for giving milk, Rocky bullwinkel, thumper.bambi. and buffilo is for eaten.

I don't eat milk, I eat cow! I will agree with you on the buffalo....them's good eatin!

There is room for all of God's creatures...right there on the plate next to the taters!

Speaking of meat...cow is beef, pig is pork, deer is venison. Then why is elk simply elk, bear is bear, and squirrel is squirrel. Happens with birds too, Chicken is chicken and duck is duck, but pigeon is squab. Is that because calling it flying rat meat isn't as palatable to the folks in them fancy French restaurants?

Archived