SASS Wire Forum

Colorado Cowboys Memorial Shoot for Lightning Cat

Scary Indian Dude

We will have a 4 stage gunfighter friendly match followed by lunch and an auction,
all proceeds from the match and the auction will go to the Cat Family. Come on
out and have some fun and help out a great family.

I'm calling out all gunfighters if you can shoot gunfighter style please do so for
this match in honor of a great Gunfighter. Lightning Cat was a World Champion
Gunfighter and one of the best cowboys you'll ever meet.

A little known fact about Lightning Cat is he completed a great accomplishment
before he was called up to the great match in the havens. In 2012 he was able
to take 1st place Gunfighter, 6th place overall at the Colorado State Match,
1st place Gunfighter, 2nd place overall at Hell on Wheels Regional Match, 1st
place Gunfighter, 10 place overall at Winter Range National Championship Match,
and 1st place Gunfighter, 13th place overall at EOT World Championship Match.
That's a great accomplishment to be able to take 1st place as a Gunfighter in the
all four big match's, be in the top 16 and be clean 3 out of the 4. My hat goes
off to Lightning Cat. He will be missed.

If you need more information on the match please go to the link below, PM me or ask on this forum. Please come on out and join the fun and honor Lightning Cat.

http://www.coloradocowboys.net/

Can't make it, but sure wish we could.....I'll probably be having tears run down my face all the way to Utah that morning......

Bless all the Colorado Cowboys for doing this!!!

Sorry you can't make it, we will miss you. I heard some of your lovely quilt work will be in the auction, so you will be there in sprit.

Thanks.

SID

I will be there for sure. The only away I would not make it is we had 2 feet of snow that could happen the way spring is going in Colorado.

Gardner Kid

YB Normal and myself will be there. sounds like a good time to try gunfighter. I will try to bring to bring my A. game, but I have had a hard time finding it the last few months. this should be a nice day of reflection for a great young man. see ya soon

Lodan B Fast

I wish I could be there--I really admired Lightning Cat. I first met him when he was helping with an Evil Roy Shooting School I attended once at Witner Range. He and he and his brother Cobra Cat ran the posse at EOT in 2011 when I was World Champion Classic Cowboy. I will always think fondly of them for that reason. I also had a chance to meet the rest of the family around the campfire one evening at EOT.

But the memorial shoot is right when we are holding the Texas State match at Plum Creek where I am match director. So I can't come, but I will keep Lightning Cat and and his family in my thoughts that weekend.

Man would we love to come down there, but we have to work till at least 5 friday and then nearly 500 miles. Just can't see that happening

We had the GREAT honor of having him and Cobra run our posse at HOW last year. What a gentleman. He invited us to the after party

and then came over and visited with us. He is a real champion not only in shooting but his mannerism as well.

Dude,

Thanks for posting this! A small detail you didn't mention is that on his way to becoming champion, Lightning cleaned HOW, WR and EOT.

Let's celebrate Lightning Cat's life. He grabbed hold and shook out all he could. What an Inspiration!

I am proud to have called him my partner, my nephew and my friend.

Kate and I will be there for the Cat Family and those Lightning touched, wouldn't miss it for the world.

see you all there,

slow

I want thank y'all for helping me keep this on the front page with a comment or a bump.

I hope a lot of cowboys & cowgirls show up this Saturday to shoot or just to hang out and have fun.

See y'all Saturday.

Thanks

SID

I would like thank all 84 Shooters and other guest who showed up this Saturday. They made this shoot very special and a great success.

Congratulations to Cobra Cat for the Overall win. The scores are on the ACES web site and will soon be on the Colorado Cowboys web site.

Thanks again to all.

Archived