SASS Wire Forum

PIZZA FRIDAY

Grizzly Dave

OK, I'm back from DQ, I brought you something, but I kinda ate it on the way home.

I tank Calico can wait till it comes out agin ! ;)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody turn in early or what?

So what's on tap for tomorrow? I'm gonna sleep late and bum around the house...hopefully...unless, no, not even going to consider it. I am going to get some reloading worked on tomorrow, no matter what.

Got all my re loadin' done fer many a YEAR ta come !

Had dat much time ta kill round here........ <_<

And ya dint do mine as well?????

Every time I've gotten a free few hours lately it seems like a bunch of chores pop up out of nowhere all needing to be done right away.

Hoping tomorrow to ignore them long enough to load up some ammo, or at least get a bunch part way thru the process.

Bottles, set me up with a TALL Ginger Ale, please, Easy ice. Thank ya kindly.

I have had the week from Hades at work and it will only get worse. I've got to try and find another job or that woman will drive me over the edge.........

I think I'll just sit back here in the corner and watch the lantern swing.

And ya dint do mine as well?????

Every time I've gotten a free few hours lately it seems like a bunch of chores pop up out of nowhere all needing to be done right away.

Hoping tomorrow to ignore them long enough to load up some ammo, or at least get a bunch part way thru the process.

I was da same way Grizz, din .......WAMMMMMM ! Off to da horsepital I went.

learned da hard way.....what don't git done today will git done tamarraw ! ;)

Bottles, set me up with a TALL Ginger Ale, please, Easy ice. Thank ya kindly.

I have had the week from Hades at work and it will only get worse. I've got to try and find another job or that woman will drive me over the edge.........

I think I'll just sit back here in the corner and watch the lantern swing.

Bottles.....give Kris was she wants !

Put it on my tab, por favor .

Hawk, it has crossed my mind more than once that the only way I'd be able to get some rest was in a hospital bed. But I have been able to catch some here and there to keep me going. I've been able to shoot a couple of matches which helps a ton as well.

Big step this week was closing the sale of my mother in laws house. Now it's just taxes and paperwork to close out the estate, that will be a big load off my shoulders when it is done.

My mom is doing much better and not requiring daily visits from me, so that is a huge help as well. My sister is still in the nursing home after surgery and recovery is not going well, they think they nicked a nerve when they had her opened up. But I don't have any regular duties there, but I am trying to visit now and then and take her some real food.

So it looks like my life might be getting back to the normal every day insanity.

Kris, sorry for your week, I hope and pray that you will find rest and relaxation this weekend.

Thank you both, Hawk and Dave. It's nice to be amongst friends. Between family duties, I plan to get some rest and sewing done.

Glad to see you back, Hawk. Don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy. Your strength will return in time. I learned that the hard way when I was bedridden for a weekend while I was going through chemo. You've got to learn to read your body's warning signs.

You take it easier too, Dave. Stress is quite the killer. Be careful.

Thanks Kris, I plan to do just that tomorrow, sleep late, and tinker with stuff I want to tinker with, no deadlines, nothing that has to get done. Cept maybe laundry, that seems to always need to be done.

And on that note, it's off to the bunkhouse with me.

G'nite all

Thank you both, Hawk and Dave. It's nice to be amongst friends. Between family duties, I plan to get some rest and sewing done.

Glad to see you back, Hawk. Don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy. Your strength will return in time. I learned that the hard way when I was bedridden for a weekend while I was going through chemo. You've got to learn to read your body's warning signs.

You take it easier too, Dave. Stress is quite the killer. Be careful.

Thought I had learned to watch and read my bodies signs Kris.

When a type one diabetic blood sugar is low, the signs are the same as when a person is high.....shaking, confusion, hungry, hot. I felt those things in the middle of the night and got up to check my blood sugar. Got up, nice and slow.....no problems......walked over to where my blood testing kit was and that's all I remember. Lady Hawk said I then dropped like a rock to the floor and she couldn't get me to wake up !

She called 911, (She has them on speed dial) and when the EMT's arrived, they tried twice at my home to get my blood presser up enough to read, but no joy. So they loaded me up and off they went ! Got to the E.R. and the doctor finally got a reading of 60 over 30. I counted the bruised spots on my arms and looks like they tried 13 or more times to find a vein on me ! Anyway, I was on that E. R. table from 3:00am to 9:30am and then after they thought they had me under some what of control , they rolled me into the ICU.

While they where transferring me to the bed I crashed again. Saw my Father then Kris. He passed from cancer in 1994, and we where very close. He was young, about mid 30's......had his long black hair braided down the sides of his head. No signs of the chemo or rad that helped kill him. And he smiled and said, "Not you're time Hawk......go back now.....but soon, you will be here, but not now. Not you're time son !" That's when I felt the compressions !

Now you and the whole Saloon know what happened to me this last week ! So, drink up that ginger ale and when you're through with it, I'll buy you another. You know what cancer is like first hand. I knew what it was because it killed my Father and I watched helplessly .

I had a feeling all week something was horribly wrong.....been praying like crazy and wasn't even sure why, but I'm glad I did....

Hope you're doing much better, and please take care of yourself!! Someone's gotta teach the rest of the Saloonatics how not to spell! ;)

Hey Hawk, How are things going for you? Heard you was on the pill list or something. Got your back with the

Trail Boss though. I am sure you could find a better spokesman, but I will do my best for ya.

Hey, Grizz, click the link below in my signature.

:D

Something along those lines, yup, cept I like the shiney ones.

Well, I done et some leftover pizza for breakfast, now I'd best go crank on the rock chucker for a while while the mizziz is at the food store. When she gets back I reckon I'll be called upon for tote and fetch detail.

1500 or so pulls of the handle, and what do I have to show for it? 1500 or so decapped resized pieces of brass. Put a couple hundred more in the tumbler, after they cook a while I'll decap resize them and then swap dies and start belling, then hand prime, then powder lead and crimp.

And then I can start on the 1000 new cases I got from starline last week. And shotgun shells.

Gee I sure hope not, if I knock myself out I would probably fall down, and there are lots of solid pointy things out in the shop that would probably make me bleed profusely.

No replies on my email feelers, don't anyone check email any more???

I might consider making a phone call, but miz grizz is still home, and, well, er, uh, I think I'll wait til she leaves to make the call.

Reloaded a little over two hundred shotgun shells this morning, then was off to a job interview, now just sitting at home debating about reloading some more.... Decisions decisions

Ha you wish... Just more factory work. The last straw was when the summer temp fork lift driver gets paid more then the department lead well it's time to move on

Ha but then id be dancing all the time.... You'd have to by a bigger shovel

You don't have to worry about me moving to Colorado... No desire at all. To anti gun

I don't blame you there.....this USED to be a great place to live.... :(:(:(

Still is if you aren't in the front range.

I've got two snowblowers and a plow for my tractors.. A 42" two stage that goes on my Gravely 4 wheel tractor, A snowplow for the other, and a two stage 8 hp walk behind.

I don't have to use the shovel much, when I'm in northern Oh in the winter anyway...

Cali, I've delivered your other sister, whatcha gonna du now?

Shot pretty well today till the second barrel on my skb took a dump, I guess I oughta go take a look at it....groan,,,,

pb

Archived