SASS Wire Forum

Kid wears NRA shirt at school - gets suspended and arrested

Bet there`s more to this than is being told , as a former h/s instructor know how some want to see how far they can step over that fine line , just saying , don`t jump to conclusions Gamblin Gaby

Hell fellers...........dis here's da Saloon !

Now...I like ta scrape as good as any other feller, but dis place is fer drinkin' an flirtin' an wild partyin' an drinkin' !

Did I mention drinkin' is done in dis fine establishment ?

Now....I just may be home from da horsepital but I'll stand ONE SMALL ROUND, NO BOLLTLES OR KEGS FER ALL WHO ENTER HERE.

Glad you're feeling better Hawk, Bottles says my usual Bucket of Beer is only 3 glasses worth (not a Keg) and a Cold Mug. Thanks. Again, I'm glad you're still pumping Air.

Jake

Your opinion is fine - we all have 'em - Lord knows I've given mine and have been flamed to the hilt.

Sometimes I felt I'm right bar none, sometimes others opinions about my opinion made me think, other times I felt an apology was in order....

It's all good - can't take this internet stuff personal..especially on the Wire or Saloon ;) .

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Boy do I resemble this comment :)

I get flamed all the time, and by my wire friends to, but we'll still shake hands and have fun when we see each other at the next match. Don't take it personally.

JEL

What I really want to know is who started the disruption? Would there have been one if the teacher had not said anything about his shirt that did not violate the written policy? What is the teachers belief about the second ammendment? Are the rules being bent so a teacher has final say and control to only allow his/her own beliefs? Just some questions to ponder.

I am behind the kid on this one.

He broke no rules at all. And if there was problem. Take him to the P's office and call the parents.

There was NO NEED for it to go any farther than that.

Glad the kid stuck to his guns so to speak.

No worry Allie Mo, don't need any moderation. :D

Some folks don't want to see any opinions that differ from theirs, so I removed mine. :P

If you really think you are right. Why remove it?

Stand for what you think is right.

Even if me and others think you are wrong.

If you really think you are right. Why remove it?

Stand for what you think is right.

Even if me and others think you are wrong.

Because it wasn't worth the aggravation. :) I'm just smart enough to know that sometimes you walk away. :D

Because it wasn't worth the aggravation. :) I'm just smart enough to know that sometimes you walk away. :D

Why get aggravated? - you spoke your mind - nothing wrong with that...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

So you are going to file suit against the school district, which is supported by your tax dollars.....not sure I understand those of us that are so quick to bring legal action.

School districts, police departments, chiold and family services, and other entities are all run by our tax dollars. That doesn't mean they get a free ride to step on folks. Sometimes they need to be reminded of two things: The Constitution, and who they work for.

Lawsuits are the last resort when negotiion fails but sometimes they are necessary.

I'm still puzzled.

Public school.... Don't obey a policy or directive.... there will probably be consequences.

Detention? Likely....

Suspension? Possible....

ARREST??? Dang~!!! :huh:

I'm still puzzled.

Public school.... Don't obey a policy or directive.... there will probably be consequences.

Detention? Likely....

Suspension? Possible....

ARREST??? Dang~!!! :huh:

The issue seems that the policy wasn't quite clear...we'll see.

GG

Then just let your words stand as you posted and simply don't post on it agian.

Looks like he's back in class today wearing the same shirt, and a bunch of other students are wearing the same one. http://news.yahoo.com/w-va-teen-arrested-t-shirt-flap-back-165956399.html

Good for him. And the other students showing support.

Archived