SASS Wire Forum

One Bomber down. One on the loose

True - noboby wants inncocents getting hurt. However, if there is a Muslim connection it shouldn't be minimized like what happened in the Fort Hood attack.

Too early to speculate motive, but if indeed it has an Islamic connection it needs to be called out for what it is.

"Let me be very clear, the terrorist attack in Boston and evolving events indicate we have a domestic radical Islamic terror problem in America. We must no longer allow the disciples of political correctness and the acolytes of the Muslim Brotherhood (CAIR, ISNA, MPAC, MAS) to preach to us some misconceived definition of tolerance and subservience. When tolerance becomes a one way street it leads to cultural suicide. Carlos Bledsoe in Little Rock, MAJ Hasan in Ft Hood, the Ft Dix Six, Faisal Shahazad in NYC Times Square -- these are just the examples I can type now. When Rep Peter King attempted to have hearings on domestic terrorism he was attacked for being racist. No more excuses. No more apologies." Col. Allen West
Anyway - that's all I'll post on this subject on this thread.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Kudos to Col. West..And thanks for posting that..My sentiments exactly.

True - noboby wants inncocents getting hurt. However, if there is a Muslim connection it shouldn't be minimized like what happened in the Fort Hood attack.

Too early to speculate motive, but if indeed it has an Islamic connection it needs to be called out for what it is.

Agreed, it does need to be called out for what it is: Muslim extremism. It's more than just a Muslim connection. The uncle has a Muslim connection, but he's not a Muslim extremist.

Agreed, it does need to be called out for what it is: Muslim extremism. It's more than just a Muslim connection. The uncle has a Muslim connection, but he's not a Muslim extremist.

however you want to spin it or PC it that's fine.

GG

Ask the Russians if they would have any problem with identifying Chechen Terrorists as Muslim? Remember the Beslan School Massacre in 2004 by Chechens? Seems like both of these terrorist brothers used social media a lot. The now dead elder brother didn't adapt well in the United States based on his online posting: "I Don't Have A Single American Friend, I Don't Understand Them."

A lot of the upheaval in the world right now is coming from radical Islam. Doesn't mean they're all bad, but peaceful Islam seems to not be controlling the dialog or how their religion is being perceived. I personally had my fill with them in Desert Storm, Mogadishu in 1993 and finally in Kosovo.

however you want to spin it or PC it that's fine.

GG

It's not splitting hairs or PC. Mainstream Baptists are not answerable for the words and acts of the Westboro Baptist Church. Mainstream Muslims, like the bombers' uncle, should not be held responsible for Islamic radicals.

All I'm saying is, if you're going to shoot someone, it's better to shoot the perp than someone standing next to him.

It's not splitting hairs or PC. Mainstream Baptists are not answerable for the words and acts of the Westboro Baptist Church. Mainstream Muslims, like the bombers' uncle, should not be held responsible for Islamic radicals.

All I'm saying is, if you're going to shoot someone, it's better to shoot the perp than someone standing next to him.

I never said anything about the bombers uncle's Muslim affiliation or ' mainstream' Muslims.

GG

Muslim or not, extremist or not until the religion of Islam denounces ALL extremist actions by Muslim's and actively works to prevent ANY further such actions here or anywhere else in the world ALL members of their faith will be painted with this brush. I hate to say it, and try not to participate in thinking that way, but with each incident or call for jihad I am less and less able to consider extending a hand in peace.

I never said anything about the bombers uncle or ' mainstream' Muslims.

GG

No you didn't. But earlier in the thread folks started talking about a "Muslim connection." I just thought someone should make the differentiation. You did call my differentiation PC, and it's more important than that.

Muslim or not, extremist or not until the religion of Islam denounces ALL extremist actions by Muslim's and actively works to prevent ANY further such actions here or anywhere else in the world ALL members of their faith will be painted with this brush. I hate to say it, and try not to participate in thinking that way, but with each incident or call for jihad I am less and less able to consider extending a hand in peace.

Islam isn't like the Roman Catholic Church, with a single body or leader like the Pope who can speak for the entire group. Again, there's the analogy with Westboro: do all Baptists have to publicly disavow Westboro? If you ask them individually, they do, of course, but does the "Baptist Church" have to issue a public statement?

No you didn't. But earlier in the thread folks started talking about a "Muslim connection." I just thought someone should make the differentiation. You did call my differentiation PC, and it's more important than that.

Sheesh :rolleyes:... if you are a pacifist who loves people or fanatic who kills people - if it's in the name of Allah, in the name of Islam - it's a Muslim 'connection' however you wish to look at. A 'connection' can be either good or bad depending on how one looks at it.

Sheesh :rolleyes:... if you are a pacifist who loves people or fanatic who kills people - if it's in the name of Allah, in the name of Islam - it's a Muslim 'connection' however you wish to look at. A 'connection' can be either good or bad depending on how one looks at it.

Right. Depending on how one looks at it. Some people don't look too far or too deeply. There are "connections," and there are "connections." One connection does not necessarily imply the other, and there are a lot of people who either don't realize it or just don't care. That's how at least some Sikhs get shot in this country (Muslims wear turbans = anyone wearing a turban is a Muslim; Muslim extremists are Muslim = Muslims are extremists).

Edit: Most people here are hypersensitive when it comes to 2nd Amendment rights. My hypersensitivity is about 1st Amendment rights. Which one, if either, should take precedence is another conversation. I've got two points: 1) We all have our different buttons; 2) an American should be sensitive to *all* of the Bill of Rights, not just one or two amendments.

Right. Depending on how one looks at it. Some people don't look too far or too deeply. There are "connections," and there are "connections." One connection does not necessarily imply the other, and there are a lot of people who either don't realize it or just don't care. That's how at least some Sikhs get shot in this country (Muslims wear turbans = anyone wearing a turban is a Muslim; Muslim extremists are Muslim = Muslims are extremists).

Edit: Most people here are hypersensitive when it comes to 2nd Amendment rights. My hypersensitivity is about 1st Amendment rights. Which one, if either, should take precedence is another conversation. I've got two points: 1) We all have our different buttons; 2) an American should be sensitive to *all* of the Bill of Rights, not just one or two amendments.

...and....around and around we go...same thing over and over. Have a good day...;)

GG

Archived