SASS Wire Forum

Why is the dress code not enforced

Two Gun Montana

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I wear dresses....... ;)

Well... you best be followin' that dress code, then.

ts

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... you best be followin' that dress code, then.

ts

Ifn' someone wants to call me on it, I can always take the dress off and scare everyone away...problem solved! :P

TS do these Cowboys meet dress code ??

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5633/trotbone.jpg

As I see it safety trumps dress code every time. And considering Deuce is so fast that he might actually ignite any non-flame retardant fabric located too close to his hands the rolled up sleeves becomes a safety factor and is thereby by null and void as a dress code violation!!!

So I got a important questiion: What if I enter a soiled dove contest and found out dresses were right comfortable and so decided to shoot in one, Would it have to be a long sleeve dress being a guy and all or could it be a short sleeve dress being as I was dressed in costume, that of a soiled dove? And RRR bet you can't win wearing a dress :P.

A soiled dove dress is not likely to have long sleeves, the sleeves will be either really short or non-existent. As far as I'm concerned, if you've got the guts to try shooting in one, you go right ahead! Just be careful of where the hot brass is going.......sometimes the length of your sleeves is the last thing you wanna be concerned about!

So I got a important questiion: What if I enter a soiled dove contest and found out dresses were right comfortable and so decided to shoot in one, Would it have to be a long sleeve dress being a guy and all or could it be a short sleeve dress being as I was dressed in costume, that of a soiled dove? And RRR bet you can't win wearing a dress :P.

I think you should try it. I doubt anyone would make a call on the sleeves and think about how fast you'd be with all that freedom of movement.

Tom...if you put on a dress you are no longer a "guy"....just sayin......lol. KK

Tom,

back away from the lemonade.

Besides, Korupt Karl loves to hug on most anything wearing a dress so you must proceed with caution and be careful WHO you are around when you decide to go 'Dovie'.

..........Widder

Haha! Oh man, I don't check the Wire for awhile and this is what I find.

To clarify: The shirt I'm wearing in that picture is in fact a long sleeve Henley with buttons. I just rolled up the sleeves like I always do, people that shoot with me can verify this.

Deuce, Widder, Buffalo Dick and others: Thanks guys. I appreciate ya.

And by the way, no offense taken here. Finding this thread actually made me laugh. I mean, some of you guys must be really bored! lol

Kid

Campo... those of us that know you, agree that you are one of the nicest (most of the time :P) young men Gray Hare and I have ever met. You always are there to help.. and step up when need be. I've never known you not to follow the rules. It is kind of funny that some are pretty bored and have nothing better to do. I just happened upon this thread last night and when Gray Hare told me it was about you.. I got a little more than miffed. I was comforted in the fact that Deuce among all those that know you came to your defense! Miss seeing ya Kid!

~ Blue

I shot with a fellow one time wearing cutoff blue jeans, a western shirt with the sleeves removed, cowboy boots, and a leather hat (mid summer in Texas and temp about 105 in the shade).....it didn't seem to make him any faster and if the club was ok with his attire, why should I say anything? I had just purchased (from another cowboy) a marlin rifle and decided to try it out on a stage at a local match before I removed the white insert on the rear sight (heck who uses the rear sight anyway?) when another cowboy felt the need to tell me if I shot the rifle at End of Trail, I would be disqualified, heck I didn't even know that I was qualified for End of Trail.

Here's a view from the "nose-bleed seats", y'all are jumpin' on a newbies back like the proverbial "hog-pile" a a Razorback game. IMO, Ol' Hoss asked a legitimate question based on limited experience in the appication of certain rules. Since the actual awarding of a SOG penalty is so rare, is that not understandable? And do you really think we should discourage questions? Sometimes a fresh perspective gives insight.

Hoss, you took yer flamin' like a man... ask away... it's sometimes easy to learn this way than thru hands-on experience. Tho' sometimes the lesson doesn't "take" as well. In answer to your question, when someone is assessed a penalty for being "out-of-costume" it's assessed as a SDQ.

STAGE DISQUALIFICATION

• Use of illegal items.

and if THAT doesn't get their attention, there's always the penalty for non-corrective action:

MATCH DISQUALIFICATION

• Two accumulated Stage Disqualifications or Two Spirit of the Game assessments.

(Disclaimer: If'n I'm wrong about any of the above, you can be sure someone will jump all over me with JUST as much enthusiam and glee) And someone DID!

Now, after saying all that, local clubs Can, and often do relax the rules for things like weather and physical infirmity. So, hope that clears that up. Also, when the opportunity presents itself, take advantage of the RO1 class, even if you never intend to run a timer.

Campo Kid, you showed great grace in your response. Sometimes a question is just a question, and although you werre the subject, like Docn I didn't read an accusation in it. I've hoped to shoot up there in Yankee-land... between Duece, Gunner, KK, and now yourself, I'll have to make specific plans to meet y'all!

You would look good in a dress :P Change your alias to 'Darlin Tom' :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Here's a view from the "nose-bleed seats", y'all are jumpin' on a newbies back like the proverbial "hog-pile" a a Razorback game. IMO, Ol' Hoss asked a legitimate question based on limited experience in the appication of certain rules. Since the actual awarding of a SOG penalty is so rare, is that not understandable? And do you really think we should discourage questions? Sometimes a fresh perspective gives insight.

Hoss, you took yer flamin' like a man... ask away... it's sometimes easy to learn this way than thru hands-on experience. Tho' sometimes the lesson doesn't "take" as well. In answer to your question, when someone is assessed a penalty for being "out-of-costume" it's first assessed by a 10-second Procedural for

and since ALL categories must adhere to the minimum requirements, that penalty is applicable.

It becomes a progressive penalty at the second offense:

and if THAT doesn't get their attention, there's always the penalty for non-corrective action:

Now, after saying all that, local clubs Can, and often do relax the rules for things like weather and physical infirmity. So, hope that clears that up. Also, when the opportunity presents itself, take advantage of the RO1 class, even if you never intend to run a timer.

(Disclaimer: If'n I'm wrong about any of the above, you can be sure someone will jump all over me with JUST as much enthusiam and glee)!

Campo Kid, you showed great grace in your response. Sometimes a question is just a question, and although you werre the subject, like Docn I didn't read an accusation in it. I've hoped to shoot up there in Yankee-land... between Duece, Gunner, KK, and now yourself, I'll have to make specific plans to meet y'all!

Be honored to meet ya someday pard...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

... ... (We have, as many clubs do, a Hawiian theme shoot in the summertime. I may wear a grass skirt and a couple of coconuts to that one!)

Now ya went and done it. I just gotta share this .....

Over a decade ago I was staying on the job at the Holiday Inn in Weirton West "By God" Virginia. At the same time there was a Jimmy Buffet Concert going on between Weirton and Pittsburg. The hotel was filled with "Parrot Heads". I was on my way to a match in Washington Pennsylvania, and entered the elevator wearing my best 1890's and a pair of .44's with a Side by side broke over my arm and a Saddle Ring Carbine muzzle down in my left hand.

When the elevator stopped at the next floor, two male Parrot Heads got on, dressed in Grass Skirts and Coconut Shell Bras, with Pineapples on their head.

They started to laugh and snicker and one of them had the nerve to say "What are you all dressed up for, Halloween?".

I gave him the Ol' Steely Eye, and said “Hey, I'm wearing a pair of 44's and your wearing coconuts. What was your question again?".

If I wore a dress, I might catch a code. ;)

Griff,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I've almost got all the flames stomped down! And yes, I will tak the RO1 when I can. I plan on being around a long time.

Well, I WAS wrong. Prohibited/illegal items is a SDQ, not a progressive. I've gotten properly chastised and will have to do several days of exercise to replace that missing part of my hindquarters. Time for my refresher RO1!

No problem Hoss, we all started this game sometime. And, many were lucky to have someone give us some guidance about some the of "unwritten" do's and don'ts!

You aren't by some chance getting ready for the Georgia State match are you? I heard some of the Michigan shooters are going to wear (somewhat) similar clothing.

I've never saw a shooter anywhere near tha top that wasn't toeing tha line! Bar none, even tha Flordia guys :ph34r::wub: . Tha closer you get to 1st tha stronger tha microscope.

Course if Campo had came in 155 outa 158 I doubt this post woulda been here.

I had a guy ask my Ex wife once, why does Ray wear chaps an such? Answer was cause someone told him he could not win wearing them!

If Sass did away with clothing rules 95% would dress tha same an tha other 5% would bitch no matter what.

RRR

OUTA THE MOUTH OF BABES!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should try it. I doubt anyone would make a call on the sleeves and think about how fast you'd be with all that freedom of movement.

After reading all of this post I'd sure bet that someone would complain iffin he'd won the match wearing that!!

JEL

Picture is on this page, he is wearing a henley with the sleeves pushed up.

http://wolverinerangers.org/RWPhotographs.html

The Henleys from Hornady don't have buttons on the sleeves, so you can roll them up or push them up. I never had buttons on my longjohn sleeves either. PUSH EM UP OR ROLL EM UP I DON'T CARE. COMFORT IS ALWAYS GOOD. SOUTHERN COMFORT IS EVEN BETTER.

Now ya went and done it. I just gotta share this .....

Over a decade ago I was staying on the job at the Holiday Inn in Weirton West "By God" Virginia. At the same time there was a Jimmy Buffet Concert going on between Weirton and Pittsburg. The hotel was filled with "Parrot Heads". I was on my way to a match in Washington Pennsylvania, and entered the elevator wearing my best 1890's and a pair of .44's with a Side by side broke over my arm and a Saddle Ring Carbine muzzle down in my left hand.

When the elevator stopped at the next floor, two male Parrot Heads got on, dressed in Grass Skirts and Coconut Shell Bras, with Pineapples on their head.

They started to laugh and snicker and one of them had the nerve to say "What are you all dressed up for, Halloween?".

I gave him the Ol' Steely Eye, and said “Hey, I'm wearing a pair of 44's and your wearing coconuts. What was your question again?".

I laughed out loud. Thanks for the story.

I've tried rollin the sleeves up....it doesn't work for me....but I am cooler when it's hot out.

KK

Karl is just cool all the time. I hope to be as cool as Grandpa Karl and Arthur Fonzerelli when I grow up.

Archived