SASS Wire Forum

another reason for gun-control fanatics to attack our freedom? Protect infra-structure?

They won't jump on that wagon nobody got hurt, and it seems this is an on going problem, probally a pissed off employee, but you never know what they can spin out of this.

KK

If one travels the backroads of Wyoming at night, an energy rich state, one will notice red lights on commercial water wells, oil wells, gas wells, communication towers, etc. It would'nt take a genius to take out our infrastructure one red beacon at a time. I can understand the tall towers with beacons, why are the lights on low structures. And those pretty red lights are used across the country. Red lights equate to things that could be blown up in order to wreck our economy. I can see three red beacons from my house at night. And, I do keep an eye out for any strangers hanging around those sites.

LL'

I spent many years in the electric utility industry. Rifle fire on transformers is the single biggest cause of medium sized power outages and has been for many, many years. (Squirrels cause the little outages. Hurricanes and storms cause the really big ones.)

After 9/11 I was part of a team that "game played" the part of terrorists bent on taking down the electric grid. It was shockingly easy to do, and required no "cyber-knowledge" or suicide vests.

Archived