SASS Wire Forum

Occupation?

Hoss

I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band!!! ;)B):lol:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Financial Analist for a global company. I'm the nasty person that has to tell the engineers they don't have as much money to spend as they would like. I then have to turn around and tell management why the engineers are overspending.......

Stress...........me...............not little 'ol me.................not a little............... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You know all those bales of cardboard boxes behing WalMarts and grocery stores? I turn them back into fiber for the paper machines. In fact that's what I'm doing right now.

You would not believe the stuff people throw away. I tell you this place is a dream come true for folk's interested in identity theft. Cancelled checks, blank checks, credit card applications with names and addresses, old tax forms, etc.

We've also found medical records from the mental wing of a hospital and mammograms from a clinic in Overland Park, KS, all with names and addresses on them. Old coins show up fairly frequently in the U-drains, the oldest I've found in a 1937 half dollar, but I've seen some quarters from the 1890's found by a co-worker. Co-workers have also found watches, diamond rings etc.

Piano tuner/technician, self employed, semi-retired but still working as always. I tune, repair and occasionally rebuild pianos. I usually have a couple for sale too. Good business, I'll probably do this till I die so' I can afford more guns and ammo!!

Rye

www.tonyromanopiano.com

Was in the Navy fixing reactors. Then I delivered dead chickens to Chinese restraunts. After that I built refrigerated trailers. Then I went to work for the DoD doing avionics on KC-135's. I have worked for the FAA since 1988 and I am now a furloughed Gov employee for 2 days a month.

I also have an FFL and buy and sell firearms so I can buy me more. I make about as much money doing that as my wife would as a employee at a jewelry store.

God has blessed, so I have no complaints at all.

USDA public health veterinarian, supervising food inspectors in rural packing houses and food processing plants.

CNC mini-mill operator (no, not a machinist). Put the parts in, punch the Go button, wait a few minutes, take 'em out, reload the machine, punch the Go button, then while waiting, deburr and guage all the parts that came out. Some days I spend polishing the upper face on Ruger triggers. Right index finger is pretty much permanently numb from that.

Technology Director for a large elementary campus....620 students...3rd and 4th graders

260 computers, 30 Promethean boards, printers, iPads, etc.

6 software programs

If it's technology related I'm responsible for it.

....and I still get to love on the kids when I want to but I'm not actually responsible for any of them.

My dream job.... I love it!!

I wish I was supporting my CAS habit, I haven't been able to go to a match in almost four years. Besides mooching off of Joe citizen (I work for the FAA) I am also the care giver for my semi invalid better half. But I retain membership in our local club, SASS, the NRA and anything and everything that supports freedom and the country I've known all my life.

There, I ranted.

I wish I was supporting my CAS habit, I haven't been able to go to a match in almost four years. Besides mooching off of Joe citizen (I work for the FAA) I am also the care giver for my semi invalid better half. But I retain membership in our local club, SASS, the NRA and anything and everything that supports freedom and the country I've known all my life.

There, I ranted.

Hey Dawg,

It sounds like you deserve a rant.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Guest Texas Jack Black

Captain of the love Boat ,then a Star fighter pilot during the Clone wars, currently SASS wire TROLL :P

USDA public health veterinarian, supervising food inspectors in rural packing houses and food processing plants.

Hay J-BAR, Where's the BEEF!!! :D

I am an unemployed electrician. After 35 years in the trade, finally got laid off by a company I had been with for 28 years. Now it seems that I am too old for the job that I had when I got out of high school.......amateur gigolo.

CS

Technology consulting. Started as a COBOL systems engineer years ago. Now I do a lot of program design and process reengineering work for companies all of the country. After 28 years, not sure what else I'd do.

Grizz, Miss Allie and Tyrel

I too was once a computer programmer, then my career led me to being a DBA (wished for years I had stuck to programming).

Now I design and develop websites.

Grizz - You've been in the business long enough: Did you ever work with punchcards? How about Assembler language? That's how I started out.

Miss Allie: JCL! I used to like to answer "What are you doing?" with "IEFBR14". Such a geek. :lol:

I miss mainframe programming a lot. Even thought about getting a real job in the beginning of this year. Then I realized I'd have to actually GO TO WORK. The thought of it made me ill and I quickly got over it. :lol:

I should just buy my own mainframe and write code for it. I remember when a bank I was workig for was upgrading from IBM 360 to 370 they were selling the 360's for scrap.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Hay J-BAR, Where's the BEEF!!! :D

I hope it's in the fridge, kept below 45 degrees!

Cook it well just to be sure!

15 years in a sausage plant...... last 9 years working my way up to director of facilities at a private high school. Lovin' life.

I am a retired Administrative Professional. That is a fancy word for secretary. So now I work once in a while for Hancock Fabrics and take care of Blacksmith Hoss. Last fall I became Chief Combine Operator and Grain Spiller for DAMFARMS. (That stands for Doug and Marilyn Farms) That is what really feeds our gun habit.

I am a retired Administrative Professional. That is a fancy word for secretary. So now I work once in a while for Hancock Fabrics and take care of Blacksmith Hoss. Last fall I became Chief Combine Operator and Grain Spiller for DAMFARMS. (That stands for Doug and Marilyn Farms) That is what really feeds our gun habit.

Manage government engineers, scientists and technicians working RDT&E (Research, Development, Test and Evaluation) of the Navy's weapons (smart bombs, missiles, components,etc). Smart folks doing incredible things for our warfighters. I mostly try to keep the ever-increasing gov't bureaucracy off their backs - a never ending challenge!

Chairman and CEO of a non-profit motorcycle racing organizing and sanctioning body for the last 10 years. If ya think SASS shooters can be opinionated and vocal, try motorcycle racers!! ;-)

Allie, I did my masters thesis project on punch cards (FORTRAN) - overnight batch processing, my programming error shut down the state of the art (then) IBM 360 at Stanford. I darn near had to change my name. LoL!

Harvey

EDIT. It has struck me in SASS how few of us know or care about what each other does to earn the funds to [participate in our common sport and love. It simply doesn't matter. We accept each other for what we are in this sport and how we behave and conduct ourselves. I really appreciate that.

I have been working as a carpenter and horseshoer for over 25 years, when the economy tank the construction work stop and about half my shoeing business too so I went back to college and a trade school I had been wanting to go to for a while.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I'm a farmer going corn beans and wheat

Well... that's better than going nuts.

ts

Waiting to hear from Fillmore Coffins. Wonder if he is a hitman, an undertaker, or a doctor :)

I'm pretty lucky in the way I set myself up for retirement, though it took several tries to finally retire and give up working for a living.

For our fun stuff, we use the gains from leasing land, co-op on other farm land, and renting the farm house to a family and other buildings to an Auto Restorer of Antique Cars. Originally tried to sell the Farm and acreage, but Banks weren't giving loans, so, next best thing, and still own.

MT

Archived