SASS Wire Forum

Occupation?

Hoss

Retired from the accounting profession. Worked for Kellogg Company for 32 years (wife was there 30 years), then part time in a paint store. Went back to Kellogg's as a contracted employee for a year. My wife became VP/CFO for a large non-profit medical faciity. Her boss thought I should work there too so he suggested that she hire me, which she did and I worked there part time for almost 4 years. Now we are both retired for good.

Frazee

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commercial printer but not for long. Computers have killed the printing business.

22 years as an Army Aviator. Now I operate the family ranching operation, 450 +/- head of cattle, 27 boarded horses, on 10,000 acres. In fact, here's where I am sitting right now if you're fluent in Google Maps:

35.748697, -104.284044

The ranch road heading NW of my house is the bunkhouse where my foreman and his family lives. The ranch road going west heads to a line shack for cowboys during roundup. My land exends to the Canadian River to the west and south of New Mexico 419. On the property south of New Mexico 419 is a stone cabin where Pat Garrett and posse overnighted two times during the 1881 hunt for Billy the Kid.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Good God, TH! You live on the back side of nowhere!! :D

I'm very jealous! ;)

22 years as an Army Aviator. Now I operate the family ranching operation, 450 +/- head of cattle, 27 boarded horses, on 10,000 acres. In fact, here's where I am sitting right now if you're fluent in Google Maps:

35.748697, -104.284044

The ranch road heading NW of my house is the bunkhouse where my foreman and his family lives. The ranch road going west heads to a line shack for cowboys during roundup. My land exends to the Canadian River to the west and south of New Mexico 419. On the property south of New Mexico 419 is a stone cabin where Pat Garrett and posse overnighted two times during the 1881 hunt for Billy the Kid.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Oh, yeah...THERE! Looks like a nice area.

Hey! On 419 you can drag the little Google guy and get a street view!

I'm an attorney. Fifteen years or so in the county prosecutor's office, now trying to figure out how to survive in private practice as a solo practitioner. Retired from the Ohio Army National Guard last year, where I spent the majority of my career as a medic.

G - my first job was in Cobol, second one was a PLI shop, had only taken an intro class in it so I learned on the job. Still at that place though have transitioned away from mainframes (and PLI) and everything is done on PCs now, I wrote most of the code we now use. Being a small not for profit company it's been easy to say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but we are at the point with the new OS around that we need to update development tools. And stuff does not just port over no matter what they say. I done a lot of VB6, and have done some C, but the new VB is more C like and I never was strong with C. But I reckon I'm gonna have to learn since that whole powerball retirement scheme hasn't come through.

Trained as an LEO, decided it was not for me, did six years with the Wisconsin National Guard, and now I live in the sticks and work at SCOT Industries. I make induction hardened parts for hydraulic cylinders, just a few of which are John Deere and Fox Racing. If you have a new Deere planter, tractor, etc, or a replacement cylinder I've probably had a hand in making it. Also the shock absorbers on the Ford Raptor pick up.

You, too, Bob?

Small world, isn't it? I thought that you just jumped out of perfectly good aircraft that were still flying.

That was my double nought cover story. :D

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

A part-time Buddhist monk... when I'm not refillin' empty toothpaste tubes.

(ssssshhhss... bean counter)

ts

They now pay me not ta show up fer work.

I was a salesman who had the extreme product to sale. Needed you to tell me what I needed to hear and I sold you very long jail time. :D

That would be a Homicide Defective. :ph34r:

A little over a year ago, I was set up and fired from the most enjoyable job I've ever had over a long standing feud with the store manager; Gun Room Manager for Wholesale Sports/Sportsman's Warehouse. Now I'm semi-retired, drawing a small pension from a job previous to that, and working a part time job as a "Delivery Services Driver" for the State of Montana. The pay is poor, but the benefits are GREAT and I can start drawing another small pension from the state in another four years AND social security a few months after that. :) I'm also saving a crapload of money by not being around all those great toys all day long at my last job. :lol:

Retired early from a professional practice in Palm Springs Ca. I cud live on retirement . . . but I have an expensive hobby. ;)

Yes . . . you guessed right. :)

So . . I drive a truck for a company in Stockton for 4 months each year to support my hobby. :)

Some of "hobby" . . if'n ya ain't seen it befur, . . . .

http://www.drburkholter.com/cf5.html

Most recent addition to the "hobby" an original Remington Revolver of Civil War Vintage.

http://s1259.beta.photobucket.com/user/DrBurkholter/media/Beals-ElliotTransitionalRemington_zps013b182a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Groceries air cheap . . . it's the guns that take money . . . . . :blink:

Manager in metal product manufacturing plants, production, engineering and procurement.

I have worked since I was in ninth grade:

three years on farms (pigs, cows, fruit, tobacky)

eight years in restaurants

four years in forestry (UP of Mich and southern GA)

twenty-two years in metal manufacturing

My side gold-maker is flipping S&W 648, 624 and 625 revolvers plus original Winchesters. I almost make enough to pay for playing cowboy.

Well, in tha saloon I'm sorta a scout, security detail, sniper, and horse whisperer,,,,,oh yea and skinny dipper.....life is good

The Wise Purdy Boy Cheyenne Culpepper

Outta the USMC in '72...U.S.Post Office '72-'79 clerk...'79-'99 Letter carrier. 10 years Limo driver. Retired 4 years ago. Life's Good now.

Jake

Im in the atv aftermarket business. Mostly design, build and sell lift kits for atvs or utvs. That way people can put bigger tires on them and go deeper into the mud....tearing them up and then needing to buy more parts...lol.

I spent several years in the truck suspension business designing lift kits for jeeps and 4x4 trucks. North Louisiana seems to be the place for this kind of work. Two of the biggest names in truck suspension are in this town and the 2 biggest names in the atv suspension business are in the area.

Collecting a pension after 31 years of federal service, 27 of which was as a CIA Paramilitary Officer.

Thank you!

cc

Archived