SASS Wire Forum

Occupation?

Hoss

so, what do you do to support your CAS habit?

I'm operations manager for a towboat/barge company. We operate boats and barges on the Gulf coast, primarily between Lake Charles LA and Brownsville Texas.

(but dont tell my mother I'm in the towboat business, she thinks I play the piano in a whorehouse :) )

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accounting and payroll for a non-profit. Horrid stuff... the numbers; not the non-profit.

Mind you, this is after over two decades as a banker in San Francisco - made a lot of money there, but finally came to my senses and traded a high $$, very high pressure career for a simple, HONEST job and a LIFE in the country! :)

I'm a drain on the public economy, living off the fat of the land, one of those guys sitting on a bench in a public park, feeding the birds and answering the voices in his head. :blink:

In other words, I'm retired! :P:P:P:D

In another life, I was security director, chief theft investigator and safety director for a large public utility.

Let's see.

Yesterday morning, I was an ammunition assembly technician.

In the afternoon I was head of accounts payable.

This morning I will again be an ammunition assembly technician.

That of course will be right after home janitorial services are completed.

In the afternoon, I think I will be a movie critic.

Tomorrow... I have no plans yet but there is new brass (mine not customers)) sitting on my kitchen table. 1000 38spl and 1000 357mag. Probably do something with that in the morning. Or not.

Friday, I do have to get started on two new targets for this years Brimstone Pistoleros "Thunder Valley", coming up mid June.

Currently between jobs. I was an Electronics Test Technician for the past 13 years.

I sell beads and jewelry making tools on the internet.

Though I'm retired and a disabled vet my wife lets me use the extra gold I make to buy guns, cowboy clothes, reloading stuff etc.

I've been self employed since the late 70s. The Army made me very adverse to taking orders, seams i just don't work

well with others.

I'm on my break now but I have to go back to filling orders, have a couple of guns I want to buy.

Prescott - so you are to blame for all the beads and jewelry making tools my wife buys on the internet!!!

Me, I am an over the hill, out of touch, times have passed him by computer programmer. Been with the same company for coming up on 30 years and have seen it grow from around 300 down to 5. Yes, just five of us left. If I had any brains I would have moved on many years ago to a 'real' company where I would have been forced to keep my skills current. But we all know I don't have any brains.

I wish I'd win the powerball so I could be retard like Badger Mtn Charlie. But I hear tell ya can't win unless ya buy a ticket, so I might should adjust my plan a bit.

Retired and working part time as a curmudgeon and grump, part time as a political commentator, part time as a restaurant reviewer, part time as a TV critic, part time as a short order cook, part time as a gadgeteer, part time as a chef du jour, and part time as an activities coordinator. I need more part times so I can find some part time sleep.

Don't know where I ever found enough part time to hold a real job.

I was a toolmaker/mechanical designer for over 40yrs. Now on disability, so I watch alot of tv westerns. Do some home gunsmithing for friends now and then and make parts for firearms and motorcycles when needed.

Yea Grizzly I'll take the blame. :(

Just let her keep buyin' I want some more guns. :D

:excl: However if she really is buying from me (Mats Beads on ETSY, EBAY & ARTFIRE) tell her to drop your name and I'll give her a discount! :excl:

Not on ebay, we don't do that any more, not sure about the others. There are several stores locally that specialize in beads, so she frequents those a fair amount too. PM me a link to your stuff and I'll pass it along.

Double nought spy.

You, too, Bob?

Small world, isn't it? I thought that you just jumped out of perfectly good aircraft that were still flying.

Me, I am an over the hill, out of touch, times have passed him by computer programmer. Been with the same company for coming up on 30 years and have seen it grow from around 300 down to 5. Yes, just five of us left. If I had any brains I would have moved on many years ago to a 'real' company where I would have been forced to keep my skills current...

Hey Grizz (and others),

My last paid job was as a software systems tester. That involved everything from JCL (ain't that stuff fun...) and COBOL (batch and online) to programs with GUIs. I loved testing; dealing with Programmers when I found their mistakes not so much. (I'm sure that wouldn't be the case with you.)

Grizz, you might like working for a State Government agency. No one wants to program or test the old stuff. If your state is anything like CA, there is plenty of the old stuff behind the scenes, especially batch programs. Besides the medical benefits are great (at least in CA).

After retiring, I went back to work for a while as a Retired Annuitant, until Ahnald fired all of us. One of the programmers called me a Retarded (for working) Irritant (for continuing to test and find errors in his programs).

Now, I am a seamstress, cook, house cleaner (as little as I can get away with), cat/dog herder, groundsperson, and SASS Wire Administrator.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I was a cop, weekender for the ND National Guard, and worked for Homeland Security (don't get me started on what the organization has turned into)

Now I'm retired from law enforcement, military, and the Fed, and on VA and Social Security disability.

In my spare time, I'm a part time chemical engineer-I turn alcohol into urine.

Retired after 26 years in the military. Couldn't find any positions for someone who thinks true happiness is a belt fed weapon. So I started a small non profit business (not intended to be non profit) smithing guns. Put all my proceeds into the business (CAS guns)

so the cash flow is somewhat stunted. I do have lots of parts though. The problem is most of my parts is in the guns <}:-)

Real annoying that I can't get smilies in my iPad.

Coffinmaker

When I was gainfully employed, I was a blue collar factory worker. Did assembly, packing work, but spent over half my time on a fork lift. Now like Bama ,retired and working as dog wrangler, cat herder, yard tech, chief cook and bottle washer, house hubby, and general nuisance to my wife :lol::blush:

Owner, Operator, Cheif Bottle Washer for Lone Star Bullets. A bullet company I started about

1 1/2 years ago.

Before that. I was a professional horse shoer for more years than I want to remember.

Back and body gave out. That is when I started the bullet company.

Rode and trained cutting horses for a living for about 12 years.

Worked for the electric company for a few years in between the training and the shoeing.

I run the paint/loading side of a company that makes grain elevators, platforms, stuff like that. Before that i was a trouble shooter for swine facilities, plus any odd jobs i can get on the side.

Pay sucks but it's steady work so with overtime we squeak by

31 years in a federal prison, now I just do what I can to get by.

Archived