SASS Wire Forum

The time has come, goodbye Texas

Uncle Sam in his infinite wisdom, has finally given me orders closer to home. As I say goodbye to those that have become my extended family in Texas, I look forward to being closer to home, and starting a new chapter with those in Arkansas. I will be living in Bentonville and I look forward to shooting there and locally soon.

Look out Arkansas, Nichols Creek is on the way!!!

Texas will miss you.

Brutha we will be seeing you from time to time, good luck in your new place...your buddy

Best of Luck to you.

Texas ain't gonna be the same without you.

Note to Texans: No need to comment if that is good or bad.

See ya in AR. Shoot Hot Springs on occasions and enjoy it there. They shoot 1st Sat. You should try to make Shootin in the Shade, their annual over Labor Day weekend, you might see a number of familier faces. see http://mvvcowboys.homestead.com/

bb

We'll miss Ya Nichols.... Arkansas is gittin' a Good Un !!!!!!!!!

You'll be near enough to shoot some here in good ole Missouri now. Cassville shoots first Saturday of the month and is only an hour away.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

A few months ago, I blew a trailer tire in the middle of downtown Bentonville. Met some of the nicest people I have ever seen. In 45 minutes, I was back on the road with a new tire installed.

Happy trails compadre.

In my world, Bentonville isn't very far away! Congrats on getting closer to "home"... but we're not that far away that a visit won't be warranted!

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Nichols:

Good luck on the retirement and the move back home. I reckon you've got your place in AR all ready by now.

Many thanks for all the help you gave me in TX and for your friendship.

I sure hope we run into you at some shootout someday!

Your Pard,

Mustang Gregg

PS I should be out of the military in less than a year too.

It looks like I will be out within a year. I reckon that will be enough for me.

Darn we're going to miss you . . . and that famous Nichols Creek Peach Pie. Drop bread crumbs so you don't forget to come back and visit, and bring your smoke wagons.

You'll be near enough to shoot some here in good ole Missouri now. Cassville shoots first Saturday of the month and is only an hour away.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Yeah, our Ozark Posse Annual(Cassville) is coming up the 4th of May.

Arkansas Leadslingers at Garfield Ark shoot the 2nd and last weekend of the month.

:FlagAm::FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm::FlagAm:

Oh yea...Bruce, I'll miss your homemade APPLE PIE!!!

Mustang

Congratulations in getting closer to home. We will miss you here in Texas. I second Billy's suggestion on Shootin in the Shade annual match at Hot Springs.

Scout

Thank you all for the kind words and wishes. I am looking forward to new places and friends to shoot with, but will still return to Texas from time to time to visit (sorry Goody).

I have shot at Hot Springs and Heber Springs and enjoy them both. Billy, I hope to make SITS this year, we will see.

See yall down the trail.

N.C.

We hadn't crossed paths, amigo, but I like your initials!!!

Fair winds and following seas - have a fine Navy day!!!

***NC***

You wont be going too far away so I am sure we will see you again. Enjoyed shooting with you around Texas. My son, Indian Ray, always looked up to you and your military service.

Nicols Creek- Come on up! Us Arkansas Leadslingers shoot 2nd saturday and 4th sunday every month, never cancelled for weather. Shoot me a pm if you need directions or any other questions. Plenty of gun shops close by. Happy to help. I live close to the range. Work in Bentonville. (Olny about 25 minutes from the range) Hope to shoot with you soon.

Cash Duckett

Archived