SASS Wire Forum

Evil Critter is at it again...

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's official, the match Saturday has been cancelled. Sheesh, just a couple feet of snow. But I guess it might make it hard to push a gun cart if you're plowing snow as ya go, well, it would for the first person anyway, I'd follow other folks.

I just hope I can get another season or two out of my old tractor. Bought it when we moved in here 20 or so years ago. Rebuilt the deck a time or two, and I think I even changed the oil once. But when we move it will likely be to a place with a much smaller yard, so won't need a tractor.

Snow is too deep now, but yes, I have tried mowing snow, it don't work so well. I thought it might clean out the gunk under the mower deck, but it just clogged with ice quickly. And pushing a plow didn't work out real well either.

I tell ya, we got a bumper crop of bunnies, we came home the other night and there was a dozen or more out in the front yard. You'd think that the coyote that hangs out at the Starbucks down the street would have found them, but I guess he don't stay too far from the dumpsters down there.

Archived