SASS Wire Forum

Here's a list of traitors that voted to proceed with Senate bill

Dusty Balz, SASS#46599

Make sure you HAMMER their offices with your concerns over their decision to restrict your Constitutional rights!

The following is a list of Republican lawmakers who voted to advance the gun legislation in the Senate Thursday:

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte

Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss

Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn

Maine Sen. Susan Collins

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake

Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson

Arizona Sen. John McCain

Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr

North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven

Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk

South Carolina Sen.Lindsey Graham

Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker

Pennsylvania Sen Pat Toomey

Nevada Sen. Dan Heller

The following is a list of Democratic lawmakers who voted against advancing gun legislation:

Alaska Sen. Mark Begich

Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor

Guest Texas Jack Black

So they are traitors because they want this debated on the open floor?Debate is good and we should want this debated .Move it to the house and pass just the background side and move on.

So they are traitors because they want this debated on the open floor?Debate is good and we should want this debated .Move it to the house and pass just the background side and move on.

why should any of it pass?

KK

why should any of it pass?

KK

See. They are amongst us, and know nothing about losing Rights, and Freedom as individuals.

I never answer, and leave him in his corner. He wants attention, don't give it. MT

Guest Texas Jack Black

over 90% of gun owners want background checks and I suspect that the NRA also wants to fix the existing problem and have stated so.They have been working with some senators on this bill.

What gun rights would be lost with background checks?

. . . and so is Kelly Ayotte (US RINO Senator) from NH. I was not surprised she sided with the gun-control crowd. I've known she was/is moderate on gun rights. She threw NH gun owner's "under the bus" when she was NH's Attorney General. I don't trust her . . . never have . . . never will. Pass the word along if you didn't know.

over 90% of gun owners want background checks and I suspect that the NRA also wants to fix the existing problem and have stated so.They have been working with some senators on this bill.

First, as a private citizen I am forbidden by federal law from conducting a background check. I am not allowed to call into NICS and request a check, I must pay an FFL to run the check, and the FFL must fill out the 4473. If background checks are such a great idea, why can't I call one in?

Second, why does NICS need the serial number of the firearm to run the check? All they need to know is John Doe's name, DOB, and driver's license number or SSN, and if the firearm is a rifle, shotgun or handgun. There is no other info needed to determine if a person is prohibited from making the purchase.

And finally, the entire purpose of the NICS checks is to create a database of firearms and owners. If you believe the records are destroyed after the check you are a fool. In PA we have a PICS check, and the state police openly maintain an illegal registry of hangun owners. Several lawsuits have challenged the registry, and the police continue to collect the information.

So if background checks are so good, open the NICS system to anyone for free, and don't record any serial numbers or firearm info. That law would pass in about an hour.

Anthracite Andy

Anybody can provide any statistic they want and after being passed around a dozen or more times will be accepted as fact by some circles. Go on. Believe what you read and hear but I don't remember being asked by any pollsters.

Did you know:

9 out of 10 dentist think the 10th dentist is an idiot.

3 out of 4 Americans make up 75% of the population.

A commercial for Tylenol stated that "9 out of 10 doctors recommend Tylenol!" The very next commercial was for Advil, stating "4 out of 5 doctors prefer Advil!" Humanity is screwed.

Those doctors will give you Tylenol but keep all that good Advil for themselves.

Current NICS checks (in New Mexico) only identify the firearm as a handgun or long gun. Not even a caliber is given. I think the current NICS system is enough and covers purchases done through a gun store/dealer, or when purchased via then internet from an out of State source. It weeds out clear violators, but protects the rights of honest law abiding citizens. No more background checks are needed, and whatever they're trying to do in the Senate seems to duplicate what is already being done.

No government background check program will ever be enforced for private sales between citizens. To totally enforce private sales, a registration program would be needed, and the American public is in no mood for total registration.

See. They are amongst us, and know nothing about losing Rights, and Freedom as individuals.

I never answer, and leave him in his corner. He wants attention, don't give it. MT

Yes there are many . . . too many.

Anybody can provide any statistic they want and after being passed around a dozen or more times will be accepted as fact by some circles.

The side that claims the polls are wrong is generally the side that's losing.

Guest Texas Jack Black

Good move to debate this .The American citizens want debate on this.and I applaud the Senators who had the guts to move this debate along. I want to hear more on this background check issue.Will it infringe on our rights ,will it stop guns from going into the wrong hands, Does a loophole really exist at gun shows? Put it all on the table and show us.

Guest jimmy reb

The govmt does not need to know what I might or might not have! Remember what the 2nd amdt means! Think about what the founding fathers had just gone through!

What are you willing to give up???????Do you have any Idea what kind of amendments they will add to this Bill?????It's not just about the background checks......next step is registration ...do you want more fees?????You don't understand what's in the bill........Read more my misinformed friend......Ask more questions before you drink their CNN kool -AID........And those senators are traitors to the people they said they would represent......they lied.......wait they'll do something to make you feel betrayed....I.E.health care costs.....cuts to soc.sec....something will effect you in a bad way somehow..........Vote them out...............Tuco

Good move to debate this .The American citizens want debate on this.and I applaud the Senators who had the guts to move this debate along. I want to hear more on this background check issue.Will it infringe on our rights ,will it stop guns from going into the wrong hands, Does a loophole really exist at gun shows? Put it all on the table and show us.

Careful of what you "wish" for!

Guest Gunner Gatlin

The side that claims the polls are wrong is generally the side that's losing.

And when Democrat mindless win an election they claim that voter fraud was nonexistent.

And we all know that's false.

GG

Guest Gunner Gatlin

Yup...

GG

Ever since our country was founded, and based on individual freedom and rights, that no other nation, or individuals on this earth have enjoyed and lived as we have. Over time our Freedom has been many times over been put to the test. The First 10 Amendments were written to protect each individual, they are called the "Bill of Rights". Change or amend just one, and allow this, will mean that your Rights, and Freedom have now been limited, and is not the end. As many can see, hear, and read, several of these Rights, are and have been tested. Freedom of the press and speech are already being contested, with many trying to suppress the FOX, Neil Boortz, Rush Limbaugh. Crosses are coming down all over, indicating your Religion Freedoms are in danger.

The Right to Bear Arms, is also giving us the right to protect ourselves, our family, friends, and our property.

These are our Rights, our Rights need not, should not, now or ever be debated. To agree, and support a debate on your Rights, is submission to give these up, and your loss of Freedom. It also says, we are going back to the Dark Ages, were we are the "Serfs", of the Kings. We work the land, fight and die, not for Freedom, but for the whims of the regimes. Give up one single Right, and the Dark Ages aren't far behind.

Without the 2nd Amendment, how will you defend the other 9. MT

I should add. We have laws on the books to punish those that abuse firearms, lets enforce those, and not punish those that are law abiding and take away their means to protect themselves, or limit their protection and enjoyment of using these in a games and sports as individuals. Firearms, be it single shot, or multiple are used everyday by law abiding individuals in a safe, and enjoyable matter. A firearm is a tool, its the user that determines how it is employed. Punish the abusers.

Guest Texas Jack Black

I know some disagree with my take on our rights. I base my beliefs on our founding Fathers giving us the SUPREME COURT and they have spoken. we have the right to keep and bear arms , they put LIMITS on that right by giving the States the right to impose these limitations The court has upheld this over and over.

This is a dead issue,the court has spoken and all the whining will not change this. Read the Heller decision which was the recent case .The court said he had the right to keep a firearm IN HIS HOME they also reaffirmed the right of the States to impose limitations on these rights.

We are on a slippery slope I also am not pleased this is happening but I planned for this long ago DID YOU?

Guest Texas Jack Black

Ever since our country was founded, and based on individual freedom and rights, that no other nation, or individuals on this earth have enjoyed and lived as we have. Over time our Freedom has been many times over been put to the test. The First 10 Amendments were written to protect each individual, they are called the "Bill of Rights". Change or amend just one, and allow this, will mean that your Rights, and Freedom have now been limited, and is not the end. As many can see, hear, and read, several of these Rights, are and have been tested. Freedom of the press and speech are already being contested, with many trying to suppress the FOX, Neil Boortz, Rush Limbaugh. Crosses are coming down all over, indicating your Religion Freedoms are in danger.

The Right to Bear Arms, is also giving us the right to protect ourselves, our family, friends, and our property.

These are our Rights, our Rights need not, should not, now or ever be debated. To agree, and support a debate on your Rights, is submission to give these up, and your loss of Freedom. It also says, we are going back to the Dark Ages, were we are the "Serfs", of the Kings. We work the land, fight and die, not for Freedom, but for the whims of the regimes. Give up one single Right, and the Dark Ages aren't far behind.

Without the 2nd Amendment, how will you defend the other 9. MT

I should add. We have laws on the books to punish those that abuse firearms, lets enforce those, and not punish those that are law abiding and take away their means to protect themselves, or limit their protection and enjoyment of using these in a games and sports as individuals. Firearms, be it single shot, or multiple are used everyday by law abiding individuals in a safe, and enjoyable matter. A firearm is a tool, its the user that determines how it is employed. Punish the abusers.

Along with these rights come responsibilities ,If you break the law you lose these rights or have limits placed on them .Your argument sound good for the classroom not in the real world

Along with these rights come responsibilities ,If you break the law you lose these rights or have limits placed on them .Your argument sound good for the classroom not in the real world

You sir, was raised and grew up were Freedom was taken for granted. I on the other hand was born and raised in a Country without Freedom, rather oppression. My father sought a life for us in which we could live free, and saw to it. We left the country in darkness, hiding during the days, with only the clothes on our backs. Weeks of evasion, until we came to freedom. Sacrifices were made, giving up possessions, and family to do this. Unless you have lived oppressed, you will never know what Freedom is.

The words may seem "classroom" to you, because you never lived in the real world, I have. Those that love Freedom, will not acknowledge debating on changes to their "Rights", and these people will be the last hope.

I agree, with "Rights" comes "Responsibilities", which are to keep those right in place. But your argument is to treat both sides, those that show responsibilities, and those not, by allowing issues to limit those that do follow the laws. While the unlawful will never abide. So who will pay in the end, by restrictions imposed?

Debating to limit Rights? That you or me that never broke a law be required to background checks? How is that going to stop the unlawful, criminals, Drug Dealers, etc.? Will they submit to one? Will they limit their magazine capacity?

The only thing it will do, is impose laws, and restrictions on the law abiding person, you and me.

But don't preach "Classroom and real world" to me. My parents, and I lived in the real world. First it was the firearms, then it was the press and speech, then religion and those that oppossed. But it was to late, there were no means, and there was fear. MT

I will add: I heard my father one time tell a neighbor when he was asked about Freedom and Rights that are taken for granted by those that grew up in the USA. He said freddom was hearing Church bells ringing,(until the wall came down, it was unheard of to hear church bells ringing, or go to church. Until the wall came down. many had never heard the ringing of church bells) seeing rifles in back of pickups driving through the towns and countryside, not being stopped by uniformed people to show Identity papers and reasons for being there, reading the paper and seeing that people were not in agreement with the leaders policies. These things were unheard of. After living in this country, he was able to buy his first firearm. Something never allowed were he grew up. He had a right to be able to do this now.

I know some disagree with my take on our rights. I base my beliefs on our founding Fathers giving us the SUPREME COURT and they have spoken. we have the right to keep and bear arms , they put LIMITS on that right by giving the States the right to impose these limitations The court has upheld this over and over.

This is a dead issue,the court has spoken and all the whining will not change this. Read the Heller decision which was the recent case .The court said he had the right to keep a firearm IN HIS HOME they also reaffirmed the right of the States to impose limitations on these rights.

We are on a slippery slope I also am not pleased this is happening but I planned for this long ago DID YOU?

Texas Jack Black, I must ask you this question: Do you believe the right to own firearms is an Inherent right? I understand what you are saying, but I counter that the laws of man, whether put in place by the Legislative branch or even the Supreme Court must be opposed if they are contrary to Inherent Rights. This stance was advocated by the Founding Fathers.

You seem more resigned to accept whatever fate government is planning to impose. I hope you are taking the time to fight like the rest of us by writing letters, sending e-mails, showing up at protests and sending hard earned money for any leadership championing our cause. You don't have to do these particular actions, but hopefully you are engaged in some pro-2nd Amendment activism. We need everyone involved.

Guest Texas Jack Black

Texas Jack Black, I must ask you this question: Do you believe the right to own firearms is an Inherent right? I understand what you are saying, but I counter that the laws of man, whether put in place by the Legislative branch or even the Supreme Court must be opposed if they are contrary to Inherent Rights. This stance was advocated by the Founding Fathers.

You seem more resigned to accept whatever fate government is planning to impose. I hope you are taking the time to fight like the rest of us by writing letters, sending e-mails, showing up at protests and sending hard earned money for any leadership championing our cause. You don't have to do these particular actions, but hopefully you are engaged in some pro-2nd Amendment activism. We need everyone involved.

You ask if I have taken the time to fight for our rights .I have served my country with honor.from 1968-1971 I pay my FAIR share of taxes, and I am a life member of the NRA. I vote and I will ABIDE by the LAWS OF THE LAND as written and if I disagree I will vote for change.I do however take issue with some of our fellow SASS members posting complete and utter nonsense of this forum it undermines our cause.The rantings and completely false information is eye opening .How can so many be so uneducated.

Our founding fathers put the Supreme Court in place so as to interpret any challenges to these rights, and they do.

Has anyone seen any true Bill yet? what are we opposing?Would you oppose a law that would prevent your wife ,daughter or son from being killed?I want to see what I am supposed to be against.I would support background checks IF it would prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands.

Inherent right to own a firearm? It would take to long to discuss the beliefs of John Locke and Thomas Jefferson .I believe in the right of Life,Liberty and the pursuit of property and happiness I incorporate both Locke and Jefferson.

With these MAN given rights comes responsibilities and laws. or limitations .This is the basis of our country ithis is who we are.

I wish you well

Make sure you HAMMER their offices with your concerns over their decision to restrict your Constitutional rights!

The following is a list of Republican lawmakers who voted to advance the gun legislation in the Senate Thursday:

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte

Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss

Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn

Maine Sen. Susan Collins

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake

Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson

Arizona Sen. John McCain

Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr

North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven

Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk

South Carolina Sen.Lindsey Graham

Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker

Pennsylvania Sen Pat Toomey

Nevada Sen. Dan Heller

The following is a list of Democratic lawmakers who voted against advancing gun legislation:

Alaska Sen. Mark Begich

Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor

Calling someone a traitor is a bit harsh I would say. You may not like someone like John McCain but calling him a traitor after what he did in the war makes you look small and stupid..

You ask if I have taken the time to fight for our rights .I have served my country with honor.from 1968-1971 I pay my FAIR share of taxes, and I am a life member of the NRA. I vote and I will ABIDE by the LAWS OF THE LAND as written and if I disagree I will vote for change.I do however take issue with some of our fellow SASS members posting complete and utter nonsense of this forum it undermines our cause.The rantings and completely false information is eye opening .How can so many be so uneducated.

Our founding fathers put the Supreme Court in place so as to interpret any challenges to these rights, and they do.

Has anyone seen any true Bill yet? what are we opposing?Would you oppose a law that would prevent your wife ,daughter or son from being killed?I want to see what I am supposed to be against.I would support background checks IF it would prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands.

Inherent right to own a firearm? It would take to long to discuss the beliefs of John Locke and Thomas Jefferson .I believe in the right of Life,Liberty and the pursuit of property and happiness I incorporate both Locke and Jefferson.

With these MAN given rights comes responsibilities and laws. or limitations .This is the basis of our country ithis is who we are.

I wish you well

We are opposing any infringement on our God given rights that are confirmed in the Bill Of Rights.

No such LAW will do anything to prevent a CRIMINAL from harming or killing a loved one. Man written laws do not mean anything to those who are intent on criminal behavior!! Your arguments don't hold water. Anything that dilutes one's right and ability and access to rescorces needed to defend one's loved ones and one's self and property should be vigorously opposed and vehemently objected to. :FlagAm:

Archived