SASS Wire Forum

WTB hammer, trigger, etc. to unconvert old Ruger Flat Top .357

Howdy,

Yes, oddly there is one place to get these parts, ebay.

Over the years Ruger has changed its practice, sometimes returning parts sometimes not.

If you see others shooting your three screw model they MAY have a little bag of parts

that will unconvert your ruger.

I would ballpark the value at about $100.

Some gunsmiths who customize rugers might have a set of parts that they might sell.

Or sell your ruger and buy one with all original parts.

Remember an unconverted ruger is not one bit more dangerous than a colt or replica.

West FArgo might be able to help you, possibly.

He has been known to Coltify Rugers.

Best

CR

I've got an old Ruger Flat Top, 3 screw, .357 that's been safety converted. I'd like to get the parts to put it back into it's original condition. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Go to the Ruger Forum and ask this question and I'll bet you will get better results than here. Luck with your search.

Al

I've got a couple of spare sets, but they're not old enough to be for the Flattop era guns. They had two different trigger types in the Flattops, a very thin curved one in the earliest guns and a thin but straighter trigger in the about '59-62 guns. My sets have the post '64 trigger which is a thicker one, but they all work in the 3 screw 357's, Flattop or protected sight models; hammers and the rest of the action parts are the same. If you want the original trigger type, can't help you, but if all you want to do is un-convert it, I can. But an action set runs a little more then $100, unless you're the lucky type, collectors value them at $145, but I have gotten them off Ebay for less than $100, just have to have a little patience.

McLintock

Archived