SASS Wire Forum

Please Let Me Know...

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Have you put the information posted on this forum to use?

Have you contacted your senators and congressmen, state and local officials, attended rallies you heard about on this forum or written to you local newspaper or other media? Or have you taken some other action such as contacting gun organizations to which you belong based on the information provided by your fellow Team SASS members?

I'd like to get a feel for the type of activity engaged in by our Team.

Thx

+1... there are people in Senator Thune's office in Rapid City that now say, "Hi King" and have even called me back a couple of times to report his position on something. Heck, I've even sent CA/ CO/ WY/ MT reps things using relative's addresses.

Me thinks they weren't ready for the barrage, but were determined to ignore it anyway.

I'm in the fight sir,

post info when I get it, forward to all my e-mail contacts, and I keep in contact with my state reps, fortunately for me I have Lee, Chaffitz and Hatch. I continue to push them to stay in the fight.

Never surrender!

Joined Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. Called and e-mailed 8 Congressmen/women in Colorado and 3 in DC.

Spoke with the local sheriff to get his opinion. He's opposed to GC legislation.

Forward all pertinent information to friends, trusted websites, and legislators.

I (sort of) wish I lived closer to Denver so I could make some personal visits.

Sent (more) money to the NRA.

Yes...all of the above. Called, wrote, sent money (to the good guy side) Signed up for the "WhiteHouse" news, so that I have an idea of his fireside chats! :wacko: And to Newsmax which is informative also.

Stumble Leena +

Colorado

Past on any news I get here or other to others! I belong to a world wide motorcycle club and past it on to all the people I know are gun owners and those that are not! I will be at the gun shows this weekend as well and bring family with and friends! There's at least 15 of us!

I've joined RMGO, GOA, talk to my son about the current politics, in-depth discussions about the constitution and the second amendment, and have taught him basic firearms handling and marksmanship.

Many,many discussions at work. A lot of "what-if'ng". But because of our status, we mostly just wait.

Both my Senators, Cruz & Cornyn are pro gun, pro 2nd Amendment & not much point in writing them but I still do. Even wrote to DiFi and (politely) told her that she's an idiot and need to seek treatment for her Alzheimer's.

Also told one of my best friends what I thought of him for his refusal to join the NRA because he doesn't like them calling & asking for money. I told him that's no excuse, he could tell them not to call. He wants his guns but he doesn't want to do anything to protect them. I told him he's part of the problem.

I've made multiple call/emails to my reps, the White House, etc...

I've gotten some pretty smug replies back.

I'm in Far-Nor-Cal, it falls on deaf ears but I keep sending the message out.

My FB account is almost entirely a pro 2nd amendment page these days. I've lost a couple "friends" over it but I don't really miss them.

I've made contact with federal and state bureaucrats of all levels (several in states outside of mine). I've received many replies....some good & some bad (especially Obummer's). Sure hope it helps.

Deadeye

Banging away at all of the MO Senators and Reps. McCaskill is a lost cause and I will never fully trust Blunt's pro 2nd stance, but the Republican Reps (which are a super majority in MO) are all are taking a "no new gun laws" stance.

Have you put the information posted on this forum to use? yes

Have you contacted your senators and congressmen (yes), state and local officials (yes), attended rallies (yes) you heard about on this forum or written to you local newspaper or other media? Or have you taken some other action such as contacting gun organizations (yes) to which you belong based on the information provided by your fellow Team SASS members?

I'd like to get a feel for the type of activity engaged in by our Team.

Thx

The problem, Dan, is that most of our elected officials no longer represent the majority of their constituents but rather once elected go about trying to implement their personal agenda or the agenda of political PAC's or activist organizations that got them elected. They should be impeached but impeachment can only be initiated by their colleages who are reluctant to do so because that would set a precedent for possible impeachment of themselves because they are all guilty of doing it. The "foxes" are watching the "chicken coup" and the "chicken coup" stinks to high heaven.

The problem, Dan, is that most of our elected officials no longer represent the majority of their constituents but rather once elected go about trying to implement their personal agenda or the agenda of political PAC's or activist organizations that got them elected. They should be impeached but impeachment can only be initiated by their colleages who are reluctant to do so because that would set a precedent for possible impeachment of themselves because they are all guilty of doing it. The "foxes" are watching the "chicken coup" and the "chicken coup" stinks to high heaven.

You're on target as I see it as well. In many of my articles over the years, I've stongly advocated cleaning house and if we ever do implement term limits, my vote would be for one term and done...period.

You're on target as I see it as well. In many of my articles over the years, I've stongly advocated cleaning house and if we ever do implement term limits, my vote would be for one term and done...period.

Dan, here's the problem enacting term limits . . . they're not going to vote themselves out of a job.

Archived