SASS Wire Forum

HYPOTHETICAL "WHATS THE CALL"

Hoss

From USLEGAL.com

"A weapon is defined under various federal, state, and local laws, which vary by jurisdiction. A weapon is generally something used to injure, defeat, or destroy and may cover many types of instruments, such as a blackjack, slingshot, billy, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, pistol, revolver, or any other firearm, razor with an unguarded blade, and any metal pipe or bar used or intended to be used in a club, among others."

Even though we are not shooting at real people or fragile things (clay targets excluded) with our cowboy guns at a SASS match,,, we are shooting at steel targets. Given enough hits, the steel targets we shoot at are eventually destroyed. So I guess our sporting firearms can be defined or called 'weapons' by the definiton above because we are destroying something of value. As well, if we do not follow the safety rules and such, injury or death could (has,,,injury) result from the use of firearms at a match.

Saying 'firearm' is more politically correct.

And why use the term "Weapon"? They are guns...firearms...but we use them to shoot non-living targets. We are not using them as weapons.

I know yer trying to be funny...of course everyone knows that you're not a funny guy. But making light of the mis-use of the word "Weapon" to discribe an item just becuase it can be USED as a weapon...as you can a knife, baseball bat, crowbar, etc...just shows that your attitude is one that would doom us for the sake of their own ego.

Cheers!

Phantom

Thank you for your example of how personal attacks are always the result when it is not longer to win a argument based on logic. We see it all the time in the news most recently with the emotional comments being made by the parents of the children in the Newtown shooting.

First of all the ONLY PURPOSE OF OWNING A FIREARM IS TO ENSURE THAT CITIZENS CAN LIVE IN A FREE SOCIETY. Target shooting is a BENEFIT of being free to make your own choices.

I think I am a funny guy. I laugh at myself when I am shaving in the morning, laugh at myself when I am wearing my CAS outfits and remind myself often not to take life to seriously as I am not going to get out of it alive.

Even more so I am a honest man that does not play into use of "politically correct" terminology while engaged in a war with our domestic enemies. And yes, I consider anyone that wants to take away my 2A rights to own a Gun, Pistol, Revolver, Firearm, Weapon and Ding A Ling my enemy. History has shown repeatedly that appeasement does not work.

As for your comment that "just shows that your attitude is one that would doom us for the sake of their own ego" thank you for giving me the power to control your life.

A cop pulled me over in a work truck once for (supposed) speeding. He asked me if there were any weapons that could hurt him. I told him that the whole truck was full of weapons if I wanted to use them as such, including the truck. He didn't reply for a few, then told me to have a nice day. No ticket, no hassle.

For the record, I was speeding by about 10. I'm also an electrician.

CS

FWIW.....this has nothing to do with the original question of the thread.......sorry about that.

Archived