SASS Wire Forum

MARYLAND: After Action Report

Sine Die! The Happiest Day Of The Year in Maryland! The last day of the Maryland Legislative Session ended at midnight on Monday, 08 April 2013. Of the 50+ gun related bills, only one, the BIG ONE, passed. Some of the smaller ones were integrated into the BIG ONE, but most died in committee. It was a BAD, BAD, YEAR, but could have been worse, trust me on that.

As a group, the gun owners were well prepared, well behaved, and did an incredible job communicating with our legislators. We were completely ignored by the political machine, but we got their attention and they know we are not through with them. Many individuals are working to prepare for the 2014 elections and I am anticipating that we will see a new activism within the gun community.

Those in Maryland my also want to look at http://www.mdshooters.com , specifically in the 2A section, for information moving forward. 2014 will be here before we know it and we need to prepare now for what will be another ugly legislative session and the subsequent election cycle.

To those of you who supported us, both in person and on the wire, THANK YOU. To those of you who are still fighting this battle, STAY VIGILANT AND REMAIN STEADFAST. To those of you who are not in the battle, SUPPORT THOSE WHO ARE AND PREPARE, YOU WILL BE !

Dogmeat (Deep Under Cover In The Blue Zone :ph34r: ) Dad

For a long time, many of us have taken great pride in that proud old slogan, "Maryland: We suck less than New Jersey!"
Right about now, I'm a bit confused about that.

Archived