SASS Wire Forum

'to serve and protect'

interesting on AFR (American Family Associaiton - radio program) I heard an officer say:

"I know we all see 'to serve and protect' on the police cars, but the reality is when we arrive it's 'protect' the criminal from getting the snot beat out of them by the victim in many cases..."

:mellow: ...never thought of it that way....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

interesting on AFR (American Family Associaiton - radio program) I heard an officer say:

"I know we all see 'to serve and protect' on the police cars, but the reality is when we arrive it's 'protect' the criminal from getting the snot beat out of them by the victim in many cases..."

:mellow: ...never thought of it that way....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well if they arrive on time, yes...If not you might have to cut him down...

Texas Lizard

Most if the time when they git there it's just paperwork! :P

Rye

Hmmm,I never had to protect a bad guy from getting whupped.

Wishful thinking.

Usually it's all over by the time cops arrive.

I wonder where that guy works?

I've been to several scenes where the bad guy was already in bad shape.

My personal favorite is a bad guy steals a motorcycle. The police see him on the motorcycle and bad guy takes off. Due to restrictive pursuit policy, police let him go. Several days later, victim see bad guy sitting on motorcycle at traffic light. Victim gets his baseball bat out and proceeds to pulverize the poor motorcycle thief. When suspect gets out of hospital, he goes to jail. Victim gets his motorcycle back and gets to keep his baseball bat. All is well.

Archived