SASS Wire Forum

Wayne LaPierre Responds to Connecticut Gun Laws

It's very hard to get a rabid dog to let go of your arm if he doesn't want to!

No matter how you try to reason with the rabid dog he doe's as he wants!

It's the same with politicians when it comes to law abiding citizens and guns.

Their gutless when it comes to going after the bad guys, those who just

don't care about you & I, but they sure can go after us. 100% of the law

abiding tax payers that follow the laws do not deserve this kind of treatment.

AMEN and God bless our troops!

Sorry, I just lost it for a moment!

He (Wayne LaPierre) seems so frustrated because people just don't get it.

"Those who would give up liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both".

I think that once the government gets something in their heads they just won't change their minds. Doesn't matter what the people really want. The senates and houses just vote for what they themselves believe. The majority of the people don't matter anymore because they don't get to vote on the laws themselves.

We're screwed....the NRA and all of the shooting associations have been caught flat-footed. We're all busy DEFENDING our rights. Until we begin ASSERTING our rights we'll lose high ground. Day after day we hear of yet another travesty or tyranny imposed on yet another citizen. Witness today's example of a man losing his guns because his son bragged about having a BB gun at school.

The only victory we have had in the last 50 years is the concealed carry laws that have all happened on the state level. Where is the National Right to Carry bill? Trashed for now.... open carry? ..In the closet. We even criticize those who open carry for being 'insensitive' to what the masses might think.

Gun owners don't have a stinkin' clue of how these battles have been won. Think about it.... how many told gays, lesbians, transgendered that their IN YOUR FACE tactics would be embarassing or would result in society passing more laws agaisnt them? Now the case for gay marriage is before the SCOTUS and being gay is no more prohibitive than inter-racial relationships.

So gays are now out of the closet and gun owners are now in.... who'dathunkit... 30 years ago?

We're screwed....the NRA and all of the shooting associations have been caught flat-footed. We're all busy DEFENDING our rights. Until we begin ASSERTING our rights we'll lose high ground. Day after day we hear of yet another travesty or tyranny imposed on yet another citizen. Witness today's example of a man losing his guns because his son bragged about having a BB gun at school.

The only victory we have had in the last 50 years is the concealed carry laws that have all happened on the state level. Where is the National Right to Carry bill? Trashed for now.... open carry? ..In the closet. We even criticize those who open carry for being 'insensitive' to what the masses might think.

Gun owners don't have a stinkin' clue of how these battles have been won. Think about it.... how many told gays, lesbians, transgendered that their IN YOUR FACE tactics would be embarassing or would result in society passing more laws agaisnt them? Now the case for gay marriage is before the SCOTUS and being gay is no more prohibitive than inter-racial relationships.

So gays are now out of the closet and gun owners are now in.... who'dathunkit... 30 years ago?

I hear ya....especially on the open carry issue of which I have been a proponent for since day one. When concealed carry folks start dismissing the open carry folks it reminds me of 'a house divided will fall'...

however I do not believe that we are screwed ( yet)... I just feel that the fight has to move up another level. What level that is ... I just don't know.

GG

we need to continue to fight the fight

we need to educate all of the folks around us, that the right to bear arms is a very important freedom

educate all the folks we know by sharing real information in our emails etc

Yup.

+1

we need to continue to fight the fight

we need to educate all of the folks around us, that the right to bear arms is a very important freedom

educate all the folks we know by sharing real information in our emails etc

I stand in agreement, but this is all 6 o'clock news talking points.

Aside from call, write, talk and share, what are the plans to take control of the situation? What is the systematic grassroots plan to take control of and reform education? What is the systematic grassroots plan to take control of the political establishment? What is the systematic plan to go into enemy territory, have some real dialogue and win some converts?

What is the systematic plan to take control over media?

The blanket of protection and anonymity created by voice mail and email only further separates the ruling class from it's subjects. We need to face them eye to eye on our terms, not to whatever schedule their press agent says fits. Disrupt their lives.

Here is an example though I do see some questions I do think community organizing works:

http://www.freedomworks.org/files/TAB_Action_Plan_5-13-10.pdf

Archived