SASS Wire Forum

Is ammo shortage easing up?

Hoss

At this point in time, I don't reload (thinking about starting!) so I have to buy my ammo from several diffrent sources. I had backordered from diffrent sellers both 38 sp and shotgun shells.

in the last week I have gotten 1750 rounds of 38 sp from 3 diffent suppliers, and 2 cases of shotgun shells from 2 diffrent suppliers. Hopefully this will continue! Should have enough now to get me thru a couple of months. I was starting to worry a little, as I supply ammo for both myself and my son.

A funny aside, I always get tickled when I read in the paper when they say somebody had an "arsenal". 3 guns and 250 rounds of ammo. Hope they never look in my safe!

The local Sportsman's Warehouse is still virtually empty on ammo and has no powder, primers or lead bullets. They do, however, have a couple of ARs on the shelf at their regular prices.

Everything is out of stock pretty much everywhere. When stores do get some ammo and components in it gets sold out right away. I was on a couple of waiting lists from websites and after about two months or so I got what I ordered. Everything is that way including red dot sights, etc. I got a call yesterday and the Eotech I ordered in February "should" ship the end of the month.

My brother in law can't even find .22 ammo to shoot skunks with. So, when he's in town this weekend I'll fix him up with some. I'm on waiting lists for Hornady XTP bullets for my .45 ACP stuff. I don't figure it will get better for a few years. So, I suggest getting on backorder lists and hope. That's about all that can be done. :(

I've checked several outlets in the area and I've asked questions of the sales person .......

I notice your out of a lot of ammo......Can't keep it on the shelf.

When do you expect another shipment? ....It just comes in and we never know when it's coming,

How about powder-primers......Repeat the answers above,,,,,,,,

Has anyone heard different answers?

Happy trails and thanks for your time..

QDG

A deputy sheriff friend on Maui has been telling me how short the ammo is there. The gun shop posts on their Facebook page when a pallet comes in and people make a mad dash to buy it all up in less than an hour. Twice now, the 9mm ammo has disappeared from the shipment without it making it to the gun shop. Someone is stealing it somewhere during the shipping process. :o

Guest Texas Jack Black

3 Local shops have at least 50 AR'S and plenty of ammo for them and plenty of handguns .There is a shortage of 9,40,45 ammo and reloading components for them.

As the breathless stories of "pending legislative action against firearms and ammunition" get pushed off the lead position on TV news and the front page of the newspaper, then the 70% or so of gun owners who do not pay attention to the news under normal circumstances will ratchet down their worries and quit buying guns, ammo and components that they don't intend to use in the next 20 years.

Then and only then will we begin to really see supplies replenished on local store shelves. The more stories that come back to life, the longer that legislative in-fighting over proposals continues, the more the "hurricane-coming-better-go-buy-milk" panic will continue to diminish our CAS supplies.

The Dem's are once again the Worlds Best Firearms Sales Clerks of the YEAR for 2013.

In one respect, this buyout of all things gun related is a great thing. It raises awareness amongst the congress-critters needing the votes in a year and a half. In another respect, it punishes our sport shooter today by making items either non-purchasable or expensive. With normal outcomes, this too shall pass.

Good luck, GJ

There's not a single round of .22 ammo to be had anywhere around here, and none of the usual on-line sources have any either. Everybody's in a panic-buying mode, and when they find some, they buy as much as they can.

Clearly you don't have a clue....... :rolleyes:

I have NEVER voted for a 'liberal'.......... <_<

LG

Thats not what Philly said!!!!!

KK

I have found it easing up slightly, but just slightly. I am still predicting by the end of summer things will be pretty much back to normal. Unless Bloomberg and the media have their way...

Not getting any better here. And I expect it to get worse.

Friend of mine bought a 1022 here locally, I dont know tha price but he bought it there because tha shop had some 22 ammo. He BOUGHT 300 RUN OF THA MILL winchesters FOR 50 bucks plus tax. Those are tha only ones I've heard of here bouts. I'd a gave him that much

RRR

Friend of mine bought a 1022 here locally, I dont know tha price but he bought it there because tha shop had some 22 ammo. He BOUGHT 300 RUN OF THA MILL winchesters FOR 50 bucks plus tax. Those are tha only ones I've heard of here bouts. I'd a gave him that much

RRR

Hey Ray, if you're giving away $50's........I'd like to be first in line.

I have found it easing up slightly, but just slightly. I am still predicting by the end of summer things will be pretty much back to normal. Unless Bloomberg and the media have their way...

Bloomberg is bombarding the local TV stations here in Arizona with "Pro" gun ads. His PAC claims that the Arizona delegation is anti-gun because they aren't supporting gun control !#$%&???? and that Arizona voters better put pressure on our elected officials or we might lose our gun rights. Very interesting tactics.

Have you tried buying any bullet molds lately? EVERYONE is out and saying "backorder ok". Suppliers have a few odd ball calibers, but nothing in "cowboy calibers".

What is this world coming to?

Ghost

Here in the buckeye state we seem to be doing ok....last bill goodmans gun show had plenty ammo, powder and primers...lil high priced still but still there........local gunshop has ammo, English has primers and powder.

Hope it gets better soon!

We are lookin' at commin over to EOT '14 as well as a couple of other shoots.

Iffin' we can't get ammo we might as well stay home!!!

TT, even 12 gauge shotgun shells are getting difficult to find in the Albuquerque metro area. However, I expect the problem will be resolved by EOT 2014.

Just stopped by my local toy store and they had 100 thousand CCI primers in stock. They also had a pallet of 5.56 ammo they were selling for $499/k. Maybe it is starting to ease up a bit.

For you Georgia pards, that was Bulls eye in Lawrenceville, Ga.

IF I had any guns I would have also bought enough ammo for them!!

+1

Archived