SASS Wire Forum

Montana State Championship

Charlie Whiskers

I'll be headin' over from the Idaho panhandle and 3 of my Pards from New Mexico are gonna make the trip too! Really looking forward to meeting everyone and turning some money into noise!!

Four Bucks

We'll be looking forward to seeing you and your pards from New Mexico.Always good to meet folks from other state.Do you ever shoot at Spirit Lake?A fellow shooter and I went over there 2 years ago and had a lot of fun.Small club but good folks.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie, I haven't had the chance to shoot there yet. Just moved to Idaho from Alaska and I'm just starting figure out where the shootin's at. Looking forward to comin' over and playin' cowboy with y'all. Sent my app yesterday.

Four Bucks

CURIOUS

Why did Max Baucus vote for the UN Gun Control treaty?

CURIOUS

Why did Max Baucus vote for the UN Gun Control treaty?

Because he's an idiot and stays with party lines instead of doing what's right.Kind of like a older Tester.If you look up Liar and Idiot in the dictionary it shows a picture of Tester under each.

Four Bucks-here in Noxon MT we are the closest club to you, check us out, I'll send you a PM. Problem is you lose an hour so you have to get up earlier.

Doc

Definately make a Noxon shoot.Those are a fun bunch to shoot with and put on great monthly shoots.I try to get over there at least twice a year.

Just a thought, last year I think I was the only one registered in the match that stayed at a hotel in the area. If there are any people this year doing the hotel thing I highly recommend Crystal Inn in Great Falls http://www.crystalinngreatfalls.com/ The drive in the morning is about 40 minutes to the range but it is just off I-15 by the airport, excellent rooms, a 24 hour Denny's next door, across the road is a large gas station with a Subway attached. I'm staying there again this year.

Just a thought, last year I think I was the only one registered in the match that stayed at a hotel in the area. If there are any people this year doing the hotel thing I highly recommend Crystal Inn in Great Falls http://www.crystalinngreatfalls.com/ The drive in the morning is about 40 minutes to the range but it is just off I-15 by the airport, excellent rooms, a 24 hour Denny's next door, across the road is a large gas station with a Subway attached. I'm staying there again this year.

Dick, this year you might want to see if there's rooms open in Choteau or Fairfield.We're officially in our second season here...road construction.The freeway between GF and the Vaughn exit is open but traffic is 2 way using the west bound lanes (about 8 miles at 65mph.To get back to GF you have to use the frontage road (freeway entrance blocked off) all the way from Vaughn to GF and then stay on the NW bypass,turn to get to Central Ave west and get on the freeway from that.That's going to add 15-20 minutes to your drive each day.From what I read,they don't expect to get the east bound side resurfaced til August and will most likely start tearing up the west bound side then.

I have given Choteau and Fairfield a lot of thought. I have also driven through there in the past and while rooms are available, the support facilities aren't. I don't think you'll find a restaraunt(sp?) open at 5:45-6 AM or a gas station open at 6 PM if you stay out and socialize with friend camping out there. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll discuss this with the wife.

I have given Choteau and Fairfield a lot of thought. I have also driven through there in the past and while rooms are available, the support facilities aren't. I don't think you'll find a restaraunt(sp?) open at 5:45-6 AM or a gas station open at 6 PM if you stay out and socialize with friend camping out there. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll discuss this with the wife.

Dick,I went out to the range today and they have the eastbound freeway traffic set up with a temporary on ramp at Vaughn.That eliminates the winding through town part to get back to the freeway.So,unless you get behind someone like I did today heading to the range you can run 65 bothways.Got behind a motorhome the size of the Hindenberg towing a pickup and the driver thought 50 was a great speed.And it's only 6 miles not 8.I typed the wrong thing in the previous post and didn't catch it til now.

Charlie, is the a online registration form, or one I can print and send in?

Charlie, is the a online registration form, or one I can print and send in?

You can print it and send it in.It's not an online form.Are the rest of the family and all you wild people coming too?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home today from Boulder City Nevada.Another shooter and I took a short 1000 mile each way road trip for the Best Shoot by Dam Site.Met several shooters there that are coming up here for our State shoot.Looking forward to seeing and shooting with them again.Would like to see more of you start thinking about a road trip up to where it usually doesn't snow in July.Come give us a shot and have some fun.

I ain't signed up yet because I'm still debating what category to shoot... FCD? DD? FCDD? GF? FCGF? Frontiersman? B Western? AGGHHH!

is there a limit to the # of shooters at this shoot?

is there a limit to the # of shooters at this shoot?

Hoss,we're hoping for around 100 this year.If we get more we'll fit em in.So bring all your friends and family.We're having the same side matches as last year.That info is on the web site under Mt State Shoot.Right above the link for the registration form.Looking forward to seeing all of you from your end of the state.

I ain't signed up yet because I'm still debating what category to shoot... FCD? DD? FCDD? GF? FCGF? Frontiersman? B Western? AGGHHH!

J Bar....no B western this year for you.I want to watch you with your Buntlines and Spencer. :D

J Bar....no B western this year for you.I want to watch you with your Buntlines and Spencer. :D

And a single shot shotgun too I suppose. :lol:

Archived