SASS Wire Forum

Montana State Championship

Charlie Whiskers

For those looking for a road trip and what should be another good shoot,come on up,it's July 12-14th just out of Simms, Montana.12 stages plus side matches.7 stages Saturday and 5 Sunday,Dry camping space is available.We can handle about 50 or so trailers,pickup campers, motorhomes and of course tents.We have a new web master,so it's taking time to update everything on the site.But some of the web site has been updated...ehhh...to a point.Still some errors on it including the banquet and lunch part;but hopefully they'll be taken care of in the next couple of days.Registration form IS correct,daily schedule is not quite there.Cost for a fun time;$50 plus the $5 for the SASS tax.If you want BBQ banquet saturday night it's $15 and the lunch ticket is $5.Last year we included it for $65.Found out not everyone likes or can eat BBQ,so this year both are an option.All new targets this year,so no old worn out shoot back at ya ones.Side matches are free and all but the WB and Cowboy trap are on the honor system.So come up to the Rocky Mtn front and teach us hicks in the sticks how it's done.

UPDATE: The information on the daily schedule has been corrected with one exception.That being the registration deadline.Should read postmarked NLTJuly 1st,not June 16th.That should be corrected by tonight or tomorrow.

Also if you're looking for other clubs to shoot at there's 2 the weekend before and several the weekend after.ALL are great people to shoot with.If you've never had the chance to visit Montana,our range is 145 miles from one of the prettiest places you'll ever lay eyes on.Glacier Nat'l Park.The drive from our range to there will take you along the Rocky Mtn front right to the doorstep of the park.It's a winding 2 lane highway,but great scenery.

SO,come on up and see us.You won't be disappointed.We even got electricity here in the state(not at the range though) a few years ago.Lamp oil was getting hard to find,so it was just in time.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoots with avengence and I are looking forward to coming this year. Can't wait

Cw

Yessssssssssssssssssss! Had a great time last year, this year will be even better cause I'm bringing the wife. Please do us a favour though, no rain storms like last year, pray to the range gawds or something!

Looking forward to seeing both of you, and your wives there.Been a long time Chisler.Might have to hire someone do do a non-rain dance DDD.Bring lots of SG shells.I'll be running the 20 clay Cowboy trap again this year.Needed 2 shoot offs last year for the winner of that one.

What days will this fantabulous event take place my friend? Would love to return to see all of you again!

Bugler

Great shoot, I will be there, as you can see I took advantage of the yrs Chisler missed the shoot but it will be great to shoot with him and his lovely bride again.

As I remember a couple of times a rain/wind storm came through in the evening last yr, I remember lots of folks madly trying to take down awnings with only partial success.

Doc

It wasn't just rain! I was busy holding onto Kris P. Bacon's awning as the wind was coming right off the mountains. Lets hope for "normal" weather this year.

Charlie-we usually end up cancelling our July shoot cause it falls on the same wknd and most of us go over the great divide to shoot with you all.

I know and I for one always look forward to seeing all of you.Even Gus;but I think he might have gotten too friendly with those mushrooms in the 60's after seeing the video of his latest creation. :lol:

Wish I could make it up that way. Life and finances continue to conspire against me - but someday.

Figure you have sent a few shooters down this way, sure would like to repay the favor.

No one would know me up there - so there would be a chance folks might talk to me :D

And not laugh at my shooting.

Wish I could make it up that way. Life and finances continue to conspire against me - but someday.

Figure you have sent a few shooters down this way, sure would like to repay the favor.

No one would know me up there - so there would be a chance folks might talk to me :D

And not laugh at my shooting.

Creeker...it would be great to have you come up here.And no one would laugh at your shooting.You always place pretty high in every match you shoot.Make ya a deal...I'll talk to you and even Philly Slim when Smoke and I get there next month.I'm also bringing a couple of shotgun targets for you to check out.See if you like them.Runamuck and Buck know which ones I'm talking about.

Have you thought about putting together an all Canadian posse? Most of us shoot together in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Wyoming & Arizona anyways?

Have you thought about putting together an all Canadian posse? Most of us shoot together in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Wyoming & Arizona anyways?

I don't see why that can't be done.Only stumbling block would be posse size.We try to put people together that want to be unless it makes for too big of a posse.We don't want to end up with 5 posse's of 14-16 and one of 20-25.I'd suggest when you send in the registration,fill in the "please posse me with" part.We try to honor all requests to do that unless it makes for an oversized posse.A posse that lopsided tends to slow the whole match down....On a personal note,I enjoy shooting with people I've never shot with before as well as my regular shoot with friends.Gives us all a chance to meet people and make new friends.

I enjoy shooting with people I've never shot with before as well as my regular shoot with friends.Gives us all a chance to meet people and make new friends.

Me too! I mean, really, I have to put up with the rest o' ya lunkheads the other eleven months of the year! :lol:

Charlie, I'm already registered with my wife Burnt Bacon (yes she lives up to her name)

Excellent....do you know how many of your Canadian pards are coming as well?I'm hoping Swallowfork makes it again this year.I really enjoy his company.Very nice man and his wife is a sweetheart.If you know how many are coming, but you've already signed up;maybe send Nasty Nancy and Skeeter an email and ask to be posse'd with them.

She is no relation, I talked to Kriss P about a week ago to try and convince him to submit soon. I talked to Robin Coaches yesterday and he said he was coming.

I'll be headin' over from the Idaho panhandle and 3 of my Pards from New Mexico are gonna make the trip too! Really looking forward to meeting everyone and turning some money into noise!!

Four Bucks

I'll be headin' over from the Idaho panhandle and 3 of my Pards from New Mexico are gonna make the trip too! Really looking forward to meeting everyone and turning some money into noise!!

Four Bucks

and I thought you'd be headed way north, but I suppose polishing all those belt buckles is getting to be quite a chore. See ya next week.

Archived