SASS Wire Forum

Shot for sale $80.50 for 50lbs delivered

• 1 month later...

I went to the page and saw the declaration, "No shipping to California", so I contacted the seller and asked why. He stated it was simply political and would not sell to anyone that supported Feinstein and Boxer.

I responded that was not a supporter of them and that the county I live in (San Luis Obispo) typically votes conservatively. I also informed him I have been an NRA Life Member for a long time.

He responded back that since that was the case that he would be proud to have me as a customer.

So, don't give up when a seller makes that statement.

Fillmore

Got the same price from Roto Metals with free shipping this week...and no bidding ;)

And they ship to us pards in California because thats were there at!!!

Got the same price from Roto Metals with free shipping this week...and no bidding ;)

http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/lead%20shot%20reclaim%201%20bag.htm

http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/lead_shot_magnum_8.5.htm

Not exactly the same. Roto-Metal has mixed/ reclaimed shot for about $100. They stuff I bought is NEW for about $80 shipped. Like I said, will ship to CA. There was no bidding, it was "Buy It Now".

I can use that "extra" $20 for wads.

Fillmore

You're welcome Fillmore. I bought 50lbs from Henry, it loaded nice and smooth (gotta love graphite) and shot fine, so I bought 50lbs more. We cowboys have to help each other out by sharing sources during our current shortages. Now if I could just find some reasonably priced 105g .38sp. The last time I bought 125g TCFP I paid $39 per thousand, I can't find it for close to that right now.

You're welcome Fillmore. I bought 50lbs from Henry, it loaded nice and smooth (gotta love graphite) and shot fine, so I bought 50lbs more. We cowboys have to help each other out by sharing sources during our current shortages. Now if I could just find some reasonably priced 105g .38sp. The last time I bought 125g TCFP I paid $39 per thousand, I can't find it for close to that right now.

I agree we need to help each other out during this time. Whenever I encounter primers, powder, or shotshells locally, I try to inform my fellow shooters on our own Wire. Thanks again.

Fillmore

$80 shipped for 50 lbs of new shot is a good price compared to what others are charging.

The $39/K 125 TCFP days are over. Best deal I've found lately is $56/K from Clarks Bullets out of South Carolina. Captain, If you'll get with Pant a Fire Meyer, he will deliver them to Cherokee with no shipping.

$80 shipped for 50 lbs of new shot is a good price compared to what others are charging.

The $39/K 125 TCFP days are over. Best deal I've found lately is $56/K from Clarks Bullets out of South Carolina. Captain, If you'll get with Pant a Fire Meyer, he will deliver them to Cherokee with no shipping.

I bought some 105 and 125 TCFP from Clarks Bullets via HotPantsMeyer about 2 months ago. I paid $50/K for 105 and $56/K for 125. With local delivery, no shipping and supporting a regional cowboy shooter I think its a pretty good deal.

I'm gonna look into that shot source...seems pretty good. I wonder if we get several people together and group an order could he do a little better on the freight. Capt. Bill, if you have his contact info can you shoot him an email and see what he might be willing to do. I'd venture that we could get at least a 200# group order together with just the folks you and I shoot with, maybe more.

trapshot22@tampabay.rr.com

..he said to mention my name if you're from California, which you are not KK. He's in Florida.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=340619736

Fillmore

Archived