SASS Wire Forum

If they come for your guns - excellent article

Wow!!!!!!

My mother thinks I'm nuts.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way, I just hope they wait till it warms up a bit.

Knarley :FlagAm:

rights, we need to admit that this administration just does not care about such nonsence

we need to change / educate the voters, in order to change the admin

yet we need to still fight for our rights, again and again and again in the mean time

My mind is made up. If they come for my guns . . . . at the very least whatever happens will put the issue in the national "spotlight".

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

My mind is made up. If they come for my guns . . . . at the very least whatever happens will put the issue in the national "spotlight".

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

I to must admit, I will do what ever it takes to go down, griping what counts, I hope they will be suprised at the intent - gusto - and meaning, as that will mean the end of USA freedom, when that happens

Y'all realize that if it ever reached the point of mandatory confiscation, whomever is doing the dirty work will have the force of law behind them (albeit an infringement of your Constitutional Rights). Non-Compliance makes you an instant criminal. You have to take the time to think this through. You take on a superior force and you will become a dead Patriot. You being a dead Patriot does the rest of us no good. I don't envision 10,000 Ruby Ridge incidents happening nationwide.

Instead, what needs to happen is non-compliance under the radar. Hide your stuff, deny ownership of your stuff. Operate in quiet circles bartering and trading for things each of you in your group needs. If it ever came down to a tyrannical dictatorship, you chip away at the enforcement arm of that tyranny a little at a time.

Y'all realize that if it ever reached the point of mandatory confiscation, whomever is doing the dirty work will have the force of law behind them (albeit an infringement of your Constitutional Rights). Non-Compliance makes you an instant criminal. You have to take the time to think this through. You take on a superior force and you will become a dead Patriot. You being a dead Patriot does the rest of us no good. I don't envision 10,000 Ruby Ridge incidents happening nationwide.

Instead, what needs to happen is non-compliance under the radar. Hide your stuff, deny ownership of your stuff. Operate in quiet circles bartering and trading for things each of you in your group needs. If it ever came down to a tyrannical dictatorship, you chip away at the enforcement arm of that tyranny a little at a time.

That's all I did in posting this article - just information, something to think about.....at this time.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

That's all I did in posting this article - just information, something to think about.....at this time.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Totally understood. As I have said here many times:

When they outlaw guns, we'll all become outlaws....and I plan on being the best outlaw I can be!

Guest Texas Jack Black

100 million gun owners , yet still only4.5 million NRA members many forced to join in order to become club members and many sign up family members and children ,maybe 25,000 active SASS members some with very radical views on gun ownership. What message do you see .

New laws are in making and we need to protest and vote ,Talk of violence and taking on the military only fuels the left and makes SASS appear as advocating this talk. because of this being a SASS forum.

Time to stay calm and work on removing the Dems at election time.

Ok I understand what your saying but at what point do you say enough is enough?

KK

KK

Were a smart bunch :D...we'll know if it ever came that. Hopefully it never will.

Again...my original post was just something to think about and something that's very true. I don't think any pards here advocate violent recourse unless it was the last resort and of course all of us here know that our comments are not necessarily endorsed or represented by SASS.

GG

A decision each man must make individually and privately.

KK

Good point Kiowa, but a tough call. I tend to think like T.H., in that we gotta stay above the law, or below it, but not openly against it.

I've never been much of a conspiracy/paranoid kind of guy.....much, but, knowing what I know, I think the administration's intent would be to have Federal law enforcement employees more of the Obama supporter/urban types. Those who would actually support enforcing Second Amendment violations. I see laws sliding in under the radar along the lines of any weapons/ammo violation allowing for search an seizure.

I really think it's important to stay above the law. Quite a few guys at work have the 14.5" barrels with a wielded flash suppressor giving them a legal length. I know of guys who have shorty uppers, 10", that are not attached to a lower. When Obama/urban type Federal employees ask to see your guns and measure the barrel and you tell them it's a permanent weld, they can take the gun and tell you they'll have it checked out and let you know or just flat out state that the shorty upper was on the lower, as your gun leaves the house.

OK, that does sound paranoid....

As far as voting them out, I don't have much hope in that. After the last elections, I tend to agree with O'Reilly in that the countries demographics have changed and the non-entitlement/conservatives are the minority.

On another note, just have Filly post a time for setup that's good for you. There's no one one the range.

WJ

A decision each man must make individually and privately.

We'll all succumb to tyranny the same way in due time.

I haven't seen a group willing to do any real fighting aside from talk, symbolism and posturing, at least not any with significant measurable support. Hel, any governor willing to say, we're going to play our own game on our own field is welcome.

I think I'll just be a prepper.

We'll all succumb to tyranny the same way in due time.

I haven't seen a group willing to do any real fighting aside from talk, symbolism and posturing, at least not any with significant measurable support. Hel, any governor willing to say, we're going to play our own game on our own field is welcome.

I think I'll just be a prepper.

Dan,

I fear your are right. Society as a whole are becoming sheep ready to be sheered.

KK

Good point Kiowa, but a tough call. I tend to think like T.H., in that we gotta stay above the law, or below it, but not openly against it.

I've never been much of a conspiracy/paranoid kind of guy.....much, but, knowing what I know, I think the administration's intent would be to have Federal law enforcement employees more of the Obama supporter/urban types. Those who would actually support enforcing Second Amendment violations. I see laws sliding in under the radar along the lines of any weapons/ammo violation allowing for search an seizure.

I really think it's important to stay above the law. Quite a few guys at work have the 14.5" barrels with a wielded flash suppressor giving them a legal length. I know of guys who have shorty uppers, 10", that are not attached to a lower. When Obama/urban type Federal employees ask to see your guns and measure the barrel and you tell them it's a permanent weld, they can take the gun and tell you they'll have it checked out and let you know or just flat out state that the shorty upper was on the lower, as your gun leaves the house.

OK, that does sound paranoid....

As far as voting them out, I don't have much hope in that. After the last elections, I tend to agree with O'Reilly in that the countries demographics have changed and the non-entitlement/conservatives are the minority.

On another note, just have Filly post a time for setup that's good for you. There's no one one the range.

WJ

WJ,

Staying off the Radar is the way to go, but you know the things I have and the Feds know. so staying off the Radar is hard for me, I chose the the Legal way and I and Hope that doesn't bite me in the back side in the Long run.

KK

KK

Kiowa Kid (I like the Alias. Used to drive the D model of Kiowa Warrior before I retired). Back to your question. I already have had enough. However, I learned many years ago that sometimes you don't attack the enemy head on, especially when they have superior numbers. Instead, do little hit and run attacks and utilize your strengths against their weaknesses. I honestly believe that at some point in the US, we may be in a dark age period similar to Prohibition when all of our gun activity will move underground. I thank God I live in a part of the World where I am hard to get to geographically, and the desolation works to my advantage. I would not live in or close to a big city at this time in history.

Other than writing letters, sending e-mails, calling legislators, the average citizen can only do so much. I think we have some very good Representatives in Washington D.C., but some are just Turds, looking out only for their careers. At some point we may get to the point where some citizens will stand and fight for keeping their firearms. I think many will just lay low, hide what they've got and pray for better times.

To describe me personally, I am a mixture of both. I would lie like a Sailor (no disrespect to any former Navy here) to the authorities about what I own, and if that wasn't enough, and the attempted confiscation began at my home, the lead would fly downrange. Everything firearms related I own was purchased legally or inherited, and no government is going to take them away.

I see laws sliding in under the radar along the lines of any weapons/ammo violation allowing for search an seizure.

... and there are too many enforcement agencies that circumvent State & Federal Statutes with and without warrants. So, as an insurance policy, I keep the telephone number in my cell phone of a NJ attorney that specializes in firearms laws and is a 2nd Amendment Society ACTIVE member. NO ONE comes into gun room unless I allow them

rights, we need to admit that this administration just does not care about such nonsence

we need to change / educate the voters, in order to change the admin

yet we need to still fight for our rights, again and again and again in the mean time

Mike, I hear what you're saying and am glad to call you and so many here my "wire buddies."

I am afraid it goes much deeper than what you're saying. As I see it, it will take a long term multi-decade plan to "fundamentally transform America." Who has written one out? The public sector (government, schools, etc), or asylum, as I like to call it, has been overtaken by the inmates. The infrastructure of America is largely out of our hands and it will take getting control back to set things straight. We lost control of education long ago and with it "Americanism" and the code of ethics that goes with it. Yes we need to educate who we can, but it is so much harder to re-educate adults indoctrinated in communist notions. In reality the youth have been largely overtaken by media and the digital world.

Its just great me standing here harping on we need to do this or we need to do that. Its also pointless. You guys think I don't know that? Its also pointless all these groups listing bullet points of objectives with no real long term plan or strategy of how objectives are to be met.

- What are your objectives? Granted this is a moving target.

- What tasks need to be accomplished to meet your objectives?

- How do you measure success?

- What are your plans of attack for each task?

- How do we maintain our victories long term? (The left does this by simply expanding a seemingly endless bureaucracy, no more than that, that's all it takes. Expand powers, grow agencies, hire more people)

And if these plans of attack are not in writing, but in only in our heads, they simply do not exist. They have no lasting merit and die with us.

In the mean time all I see is this:

"We meet and we talk, we meet and we talk, we meet and we talk......resolute and shoulder to shoulder.....we meet and we talk, we meet and we talk...........we call, we write." Most talk is largely ignored but victory is gained through instilling fear and throwing your opponents off balance. I think attacking at the national level is a great thing, but our problems are deep rooted at the local level. Disturbing the foundation of anything affects balance.

Back to planning.....

I have a customer with 100 year business plan. Yearly they review it to see how they stand on long and short term goals. They stay focused and on track. They adjust to their moving targets but they always move forward. All in the sake of preserving the company and making a dollar.

Be nice if a group of folks would do that in the name of freedom.

I admit, I am entirely to ignorant to formulate such things, so its only in my head therefore it simply does not exist.

Archived