SASS Wire Forum

Ruger short strokes - are they worth it?

Hairtrigger Hayes

I have played with SB kits and they are wonderful, smooth and crisp. Best thing for pistols in a long time. BUT----an extra large kudos should go to Mr. Wes Fargo/Flowers. The invertor of the original short stroke... In my opinion Wes should be cashing royalty checks by now....Just because he's my hero and a great guy......

+1

I have played with SB kits and they are wonderful, smooth and crisp. Best thing for pistols in a long time. BUT----an extra large kudos should go to Mr. Wes Fargo/Flowers. The invertor of the original short stroke... In my opinion Wes should be cashing royalty checks by now....Just because he's my hero and a great guy......

Agree....Short Stroking revolvers is one of the many "Time Shaving" ideas from Wes. A fine gentleman whom I have known since my early years in CAS. A fellow I am glad to call my friend and one I miss seeing.

I installed a couple Shotgun Boogie kits in a pair of NMV for my self last week and shot a match this past weekend. I have shot short stroked guns for 8 or 9 years and these are the best that I have felt.

Short and smooth

Johnny Meadows

Like everything, your mileage may vary.

Try and find someone who has what you are considering who will let you try them out.

Consistent and efficient transitions will shave more time off your stage times than will short strokes in my opinion. But if you have that part of your game perfected, then maybe....

An example: I shoot against J-Bar frequently. I shoot my pistols almost as fast as he does. I shoot my rifle as fast as he does. I shoot my shotgun as fast as he does but he will beat me 5-10 seconds per stage.

Transitions, transitions, transitions.

Better call and get in line for some.

Right now looks like a two the three week wait until somemore

come over.

I am on the list.

Anvil Al, You up for sellin your spot?

Most the people i know that have SS pistols are two handed shotoers.

YES. It helps them also.

As many have pointed out above.

it's NOT just for one handed shooters.

And as far as Blackhawks. Why would you not want to SS them just like any other?

Eat that burger then get back to us on that.

BURP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived