SASS Wire Forum

South Carolina State Championship

Captain Bill Burt

I just got back from the South Carolina State Championship and it was a really great match. The theme was Josey Wales. The stages were about as perfect as you can get them fast, fun, varied, challenging, everything you want in a match. The lines were great, we got to stand on a boardwalk with packages in our arms and say 'are you gonna pull them pistols or whistle dixie?" Or 'dyin ain't much of a livin, boy. The Greenville Gunfighters really put on one heck of a match. Congrats to Roughneck Rod for winning first overall and congrats to the Iron Cowboy for winning Buckeroo.

YEEHAW!

Congrats to Iron Cowboy. The video is a goodurn.

Congrats to Roughneck Rod also for OVERALL. Looks like we will be seeing him in action at the GA State in May.

Can't wait.

..........Widder

A HUGE thank you and great job once again! The whole Greenville Gunfighters crew put on a great match again and did a GREAT job adapting to weather conditions as they changed!

Congrats to all the winners who touched out a great match under tough conditions!

Once again, y'all put on a very well designed and executed match!

Harland

We had to leave early Saturday morning for a funeral, so we have heard about just a few of the winners.

Congrats to ...

Sixgun Sallie for Overall Lady

Sue Render for Top SC Lady

Roughneck Rod for Overall Cowboy

Cowboy Junky for Top SC Cowboy

Also congratulations goes out to all of the top category winners!

And YEA for Carolina Girl for 1st place Cowgirl!

Iron Cowboy is going to whip all of us one day...doin' a great job, Captain.

And of course a special congratulations goes to my favorite all-time Cowboy (and did I mention THE best husband in the world) ... Knot Hardly Dunn for winning 1st place B-Western and made to the top 20.

One more thing, as always, job well done Greenville Gunfighters! They offered a variety of stages for the aimers and the gamers. We can't wait to get back next year for more fun!

The 2013 South Carolina State Championship - MANSE'S REVENGE - was simply one of the BEST matches I have been to in 13 years of playing this game! :D

A huge THANK YOU to Match Director Cowboy Junky and to the GREENVILLE GUNFIGHTERS and their Top Hands who put this match together......it was a TREMENDOUS experience!

Thank You Lord for holding off on the weather on Saturday! ;)

And just one more THANK YOU to all of my Cowboy Shooting Friends who made Diablo Deb feel so welcomed into our community......I personally appreciate it!! :)

Diablo Deb is HOOKED on Cowboy Action Shooting and was so excited about receiving her first winning belt buckle!.......oh, she's hooked on a particular Cowboy too! :P

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!

Capt Burt your young man is sure looking great shooting, awesome! One can tell you've taken alot of time with tha young man.

Greenville GF'ers did a great job again with this years match. Thanks for your hard work! congrats to all tha winners...

See you guys next year

RRR

It was a pleasure watching Iron Cowboy - he was consistent with his shooting the entire match - he stayed focused. And he stayed busy with other duties when he was not shooting - job well done cowboy!! Capt. Bill did an excellent job coaching.

And yes a most fun match by the SC crew - you did good adjusting to the changing weather conditions - good calls!

:):P:D Thanks to Cowboy Junkie and all his help. It was a wonderful match.

The shootoff was one of the best I have seen with Roughneck Rod and Fast Eddie going at it. Eddies crossover started last and passed Rods on the way down. Looked like Eddie had won till the last rifle targert was seen still up.

Congrats to all the winners and especially Cassalong Hoppity for his first Senior Gunfighter class win.

McKenzie-see ya next year- River Drifter

What a great match...good variety in target placement, not P traps and well thought out stages. Cowboy Junky and the whole team there just worked hard. Also they were flexible in their schedule and did a great job working around the rain. All in all a good match and I'll be looking forward to it again next year.

Congratulations to all of the winners....shooting that fast even in developing weather just shows how well they really shoot.

As as aside, I got to handle Roughneck Rod's "kiddie pistols" that he shoots and man were they slick. Of course Roughneck Rod's bionic thumbs helps a little to....amazingly fast shooter and a right nice guy too. And then there was Carolina Girl and Sue Render just being the southern belles that they are at the banquet...quite entertaining. If Carolina Girl ever learns to run in the "hoppie" skirt it'd be fun to watch her shoot in it. Congrats to my ole pard Tuco Forsyth for winning that Dillon 650 in the drawing.....he sure is fond of that thing...he even hugged the box!

Great match all around and thanks so very much to all of the folks that planned and worked the match...great crew.

Kajun

Our hats are off to the Greenville Gunfighters for once again putting on a great match. The stages were well written and fun to shoot.

The couples match was a hoot. A great big thank you to everyone that worked so hard so we could have so much fun. You did a awesome job adjusting the schedule for the weather.

Congratulations to Roughneck Rod for overall win, and to Sue Render and Cowboy Junky for the SC State Champions.

Thanks to Pork Chop for making sure all the campers had everything we needed.

We can't wait to see what you have in store for next year.

Sixgun and Dingo

I was fortunate to shoot on the posse with Captain Bill and Iron Cowboy. This very young cowboy was focused, shot very consistent, had good rifle transitions and got our brass up when he was not shooting.

We could tell that the host club worked hard from planning the shoot based on The Outlaw Josey Wales (did not remember so many classic lines in one movie) all the way through revising plans as the weather worsened. I plan this be at this match in 2014.

Congratulations to the shooters that shot well.

An outstanding match from start to finish. Junky, Hondo, CG, Sue, Porkchop, Abe & all the folks there did a fantastic job. I am already looking forward to next year!

Also, a big thank you to Bull's Head Bill, Slippery Stew & all my friends on posses 1 & 2 for 2 great days of shooting.

Holler

I too enjoyed the match, mother nature cororporated, and a good time was had by all!!!...great stages and flow, the "one pass brass pickup" worked very well and did not slow our possie up at all!!!

Also was glad johnsey was there with thier bologinia sandwitch (yea, still cant spell) and the other vendors that were there...good group!!!

Congradulations to all the winners, and i had the pleasure of possing with iron cowboy and captin burt...that young man handles his firearms extreamly well and to see him shootin his 12g....AWSOME...and also enjoyed meeting captin bill, was a pleasur shootin and working with you too....

Again, Congradulations to all the winners!!!!

(110% will be back next year!!!)

Great match, all the targets were relatively big and close and the stages were well written. Cowboy Junky and all involved showed they had the shooters in mind making necessary changes due to weather. Congrats to all the winners.

i just wanted to say a big Thank You to Cowboy Junky and his Crew for putting on a great match. Congrats to the Top Overall Lady Sixgun Sally, SC State Champions Cowboy Junky & Sue Render and all the category winners.

i will be back next year for sure. i will try and bring some of my pards from down florida way!!

YEEHAW!

Congrats to Iron Cowboy. The video is a goodurn.

..........Widder

Thanks a lot Widder. I realy appreciate that. ;)

Iron Cowboy is looking real good. You've done a great job working with him.

Hey when can I shoot at Cherokee? :P

Iron Cowboy is going to whip all of us one day...doin' a great job, Captain.

Yeah my Father says so to. :blink:

Capt Burt your young man is sure looking great shooting, awesome! One can tell you've taken alot of time with tha young man.

RRR

He has been having me practice more lately.THANK YOU! :)

Good job with that little squeeker and good shootin!

My family told me to say:I am not a squeeker. :lol:

It was a pleasure watching Iron Cowboy - he was consistent with his shooting the entire match - he stayed focused. And he stayed busy with other duties when he was not shooting - job well done cowboy!! Capt. Bill did an excellent job coaching.

My Dad is doing well teaching me.

I was fortunate to shoot on the posse with Captain Bill and Iron Cowboy. This very young cowboy was focused, shot very consistent, had good rifle transitions and got our brass up when he was not shooting.

Thanks I appreciate it as much as the others. ^_^

Congradulations to all the winners, and i had the pleasure of possing with iron cowboy and captin burt...that young man handles his firearms extreamly well and to see him shootin his 12g....AWSOME...and also enjoyed meeting captin bill, was a pleasur shootin and working with you too....

Thanks a lot Ktown kid. I enjoyed shooting with you as well. :excl:

Thanks a lot Widder. I realy appreciate that. ;)

Hey when can I shoot at Cherokee? :P

Yeah my Father says so to. :blink:

He has been having me practice more lately.THANK YOU! :)

My family told me to say:I am not a squeeker. :lol:

My Dad is doing well teaching me.

Thanks I appreciate it as much as the others. ^_^

Thanks a lot Ktown kid. I enjoyed shooting with you as well. :excl:

God bless ye! You da man! Before any of us realize it you will be!

RRR

i just wanted to say a big Thank You to Cowboy Junky and his Crew for putting on a great match. Congrats to the Top Overall Lady Sixgun Sally, SC State Champions Cowboy Junky & Sue Render and all the category winners.

i will be back next year for sure. i will try and bring some of my pards from down florida way!!

Congratulations Rod. I knew it was just a matter of time. Heck, ya'll might even see me up there next year...not that I'm a contender for top dog. Way to go Cowboy Junky and Sue Render on the States.

Iron Cowboy, you continue to impress me. As time goes on, you'll be a shooter that all folks will have to contend with.

CS

Glad everyone had a good time and thanks for all the kind words. The crew worked hard and with the rain we had to punt on 4th down so I apologize if things seemed a bit......well…… patchy because we kinda’ had to form a new plan minute by minute.

I hope everyone had fun because putting a great match on for the shooters was our main goal. Congrats to Roughneck Rod and Six Gun Sallie TOP Guns and to Sue Render as the new SC state ladies champion. Of course congrats to all the winners and everyone that showed up to enjoy the match.

See y’all down the trail, Junky

Excellent match ... great stages! We had to leave early on Sat to beat some weather home ... glad we did! If you are thinking about trying Wild Bunch, it does not get any better than what Hondo wrote for us. Well done Sir ... and hope to make the Sep match.

Congrats to all the winners! WTG Sallie!

Hey I shot that video!

It was worth the trip from Oregon to shoot with the Greenville Gunfighters. My future Son in law is going to get with Old North to start shootin, He was hooked.

Capt Bill, there's another video on my Youtube channel of you too.

Fantastic stages, friends and weather. What more could you ask for. Thanks Junky and all of your gang that put in a lot of hard work. I hope you feel good about yourselves because Ya'll deserve a pat on the back from all of us.

Here's the view from my cowboy hat cam. Stage 9

Archived