SASS Wire Forum

Snazzy McGee speaks to CT Governor at Town Hall Mtg

I am so proud of my17 yr old daughter Snazzy McGee! She went to the Town Hall Meeting tonight with my husband and was chosen to speak. I guess the more she listened to the Governor the more annoyed she got.

I was at college and got a text that said "All I can think about is the peasants coming to see the Emperor and the Emperor saying, "It is no concern of mine whether your family has...What was it again? Food? TAKE HIM AWAY!" Needless to say our State Leader was not making a very good impression.

Anyway, she got to speak and told him about her success as a Cowboy Shooter and how she wants to shoot Skeet in college next year and her views on firearms which was interrupted by clapping and cheers several times. Then she asked the Governor about mental health issues. He didn't have any answers except that gun owners living with the mentally ill need to lock up their guns. When Snazzy tried to interject he was condescending by saying "You talked. Now I get to talk. That's how it works".

Snazzy obviously made an impression because she was just on Fox News!!!

Proud Mom

AA

Nice Job Snazy,

The video was tough to watch, amazing how Governor Malloy throws around the term "assault weapon". Perhaps he needs to look up the definition of an assault weapon because what he wants to ban are modern semi-automatic sporting rifles there not assault weapons! All of which he and his cronies are pushing would have done nothing to stop the killings in Sandy Hook. I truly feel sorry for the victims and their families. The Governor and his democratic politicians are making a mockery of the tragedy. He is pushing for "universal background checks", how would that have stopped Adam Lanza?????

Snazzy,

That was a clear, intelligent, and well thought-out statement. Too bad Gov. Malloy was more interested his a political agenda than in common sense.

We are all proud of you!

Wylie

I have seen Snazzy at several shoots here in New England, and have been on the same posse as her a few times. It goes without saying that she is a phenomenal shooter. But more than that, she is a really decent and good person. She is a credit to her parents, who are also both good shooters and decent people, and to herself.

I applaud her for speaking the truth the power, and doing so in a respectful, but still powerful way.

Way to go, Snazzy. Looking forward to seeing you at the range in the near future so I can shake your hand!

Archived