SASS Wire Forum

Colt feeling unwelcome in Conneticut

They should move to where they are better appreciated along with the money they pay in taxes. Actions should have consequences. :)

They have a facility in Florida that they set up a year or so ago. Rumor mill here in CT has them gone if the worst of the bills pass. Mossberg & Ruger both have faclities elsewhere as well and I believe I remember hearing the owner of Stag saying he'll move the company if the really restrictive laws pass.

Well if I felt unwelcome someplace I'd pack up and leave & I wouldn't let the screen door hit me where the good Lord split me on the way out.

I'm sorry for you folks that live and work in such hostile environments. But if 4 or 5 states lost major manufacturers, employers, tax revenue producers, to more welcoming states those state would learn that there are consequences for their actions. And it would serve as a warning to other states that they better think long and hard about the laws they pass. They may be cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Col, The problem is that firearms manufacturing is not a major employer.

If the liberal agenda is to get rid of firearms manufacturing they are the target and the casulties.

So why would the liberals care.

They didn't listen in CO when Magpul to move if they passed the 15 round magazine limit.

They passed it and the governor hikenlicker signed it into law.

They don't care it is what they want.

Eventually firearms related industries will concentrate in gun friendly states making it easier to get em all.

Well Hacker I'd think that Colt would be a major employer in a itty bitty state like Conn. (pop a tad over 3.5 mil) and certainly in a city the size of Hartford (pop 124,000). The loss of taxes paid by the company and city and state income taxes paid by employess who have been laid off or moved with the company would definately hurt the area economy. + they would lose all the money those employees spend in the area for food, clothing, housing, entertainment, cars etc etc.

Here in Texas we have cities and metro areas that are larger than the entire state of Conn. so a loss of 200 or a thousand jobs wouldn't hurt us much. We don't have state or municipal income taxes either.

Well Hacker I'd think that Colt would be a major employer in a itty bitty state like Conn. (pop a tad over 3.5 mil) and certainly in a city the size of Hartford (pop 124,000). The loss of taxes paid by the company and city and state income taxes paid by employess who have been laid off or moved with the company would definately hurt the area economy. + they would lose all the money those employees spend in the area for food, clothing, housing, entertainment, cars etc etc.

Here in Texas we have cities and metro areas that are larger than the entire state of Conn. so a loss of 200 or a thousand jobs wouldn't hurt us much. We don't have state or municipal income taxes either.

Colt & Stag picking up and leaving would definitely have an impact on the state's economy. Between the direct impact of the companies and their employees and the indirect impact on the sub contractors and suppliers and their employees, the CT Firearms industry contributes $1.7 billion to the economy.

CT is slowly pushing business out of state. Pratt & Whitney would love to shut more locations in CT and move operations to Florida. MetLife is consoldiating operations in NC, with many of the current jobs in liberal states to be eliminated, not sure how many CT is going to lose. We've lost other major companies in the past 5 years. The state is on a downward spiral, the problem is that it is unlikely we'll be able to turn things around until we hit bottom.

Colt & Stag picking up and leaving would definitely have an impact on the state's economy. Between the direct impact of the companies and their employees and the indirect impact on the sub contractors and suppliers and their employees, the CT Firearms industry contributes $1.7 billion to the economy.

CT is slowly pushing business out of state. Pratt & Whitney would love to shut more locations in CT and move operations to Florida. MetLife is consoldiating operations in NC, with many of the current jobs in liberal states to be eliminated, not sure how many CT is going to lose. We've lost other major companies in the past 5 years. The state is on a downward spiral, the problem is that it is unlikely we'll be able to turn things around until we hit bottom.

Hitting bottom is usually what it takes to wake people up.

Archived