SASS Wire Forum

Folks, I think there are more of Us out there,that play this game firmly with-in the rule structure,,, But our own way !!!

I play with guns that buck and roar ,,, Whether using Black or Smokieless...

I shoot mis-matched guns ,,, sometimes using a .38,.44 & a .45 on the same stage ...

I like 16 ga. SXS guns Hammered mostly ....

I really like shooting "Open Tops" 7 1/2 barrels,,,,, C & B guns ....

It seems I use bout as much powder in my .36 C & B as lot's use in their .44s ....

But I truley injoy the game and the people and I am truley glad that the rules ALLOW me to play the game MY WAY ....

Jabez Cowboy

AMEN JABEZ, I play it my way also.

Sheriff model Rugers in both .38 and .45 (real shorty barrels)

beat up and unreliable '97

slow, cranky Marlin. Mostly in .32 H&R but sometimes .38 or .45

..........Widder

Santa Fe River Stan

Pard ;

I have been in this game long enough to see folks presured into conforming to the herd mentality ,,,, "Ya got's ta shoot Rugers "

"Ya needs Light loads to compete" " why don't ya load them lighter , ya could shoot faster"

I say what's yer game ,,,,,, play it as you want ....

Allie Mo ,,,, No "E"

Good ta see you again ,,,,, Still waiting ta meet Ya fer real ,,,,,, And Collect that promised Hug .....

Widowmaker Hill ;

Pard I'm looking forward to meeting You and shooting with ya ...

This busted-up cowboy can't move real fast (back & neck injuries) but he can sure have fun !!!

Jabez Cowboy

I don't think a 1880 cowboy would want a pistole that went 'plink,plink,plink' so I put a little powder in mine. Not too much cause my little girl shoots 'em too. An I use a 94 Winchester in .44 and a 20 gauge SXS. BANG! No 'plinkplinkplink' But to each his own.

Here's another thread that is sooooo not needed.

I call BS on the idea that folks "Pressure" others to do things. Some may provide suggestions for making one's times better...soooooo what!!!! NEVER have I heard a NEGATIVE comment about someone that enjoys shooting in ways that are not conducive to shooting fast...NEVER!!

Now as far as you "No PLINKPLINKPLINK" folks..or the I like BIG BANG LOADS...why not go out to some of the clubs that can't afford super high end steel and see the damage that your STEEL KILLING loads are causing...this is NOT the "Wild West" where you are out getting rid of evil doers. You are shooting STEEL that must be maintained...replaced by clubs that don't have much money.

Geeezzeee!

OY!!!!

Phantom

I've been at this game long enough as well. NEVER seen anyone change what they were doing because they were pressured to so. They only changed because they wanted to do so.

Not quite sure why you fellas stay on your high horse....is "your way" really more pure than anyone else's way?.....and please don't try to act surprised by others taking your comments as such.

Stan the Plinker

I THINK WE ALL PLAY THE WAY WE WANT....AND IF SO INCLINED TO TRY SOME DIFFERENT CATEGORY, CALIBER OR GUN WE DO. WHEN SOMEONE ASKS AS A NEWBIE WHAT BRAND GUNS TO USE WE TRY TO SHARE OUR EXPERIENCES TO POSSIBLY HELP THEM AVOID SOME OF THE MISTAKES THAT WE MADE. YEAH, I SHOOT RUGERS, 66'S AND 73'S AS WELL AS 97'S AND DOUBLES. I SHOOT 32, 38, 45 COWBOY SPECIAL, 45COLT AND I MIGHT TRY OTHERS ALONG THE WAY....NOT BECAUSE OF PRESSURE FROM ANYONE.

I DON'T EVER REMEMBER ANYONE TELLING ME TO USE LIGHTER LOADS....ONCE A TOP SHOOTER SUGGESTED I CHANGE THE WEIGHT OF MY BULLET, BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT....AND THAT WAS BECAUSE I ASKED FOR HIS OPINION....IT WASN'T FORCED ON ME NOR DID I FEEL PRESSURE.

I WOULD NEVER CRITICIZE OR CATEGORIZE ANYONE BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY CHOOSE TO PLAY THIS GREAT GAME AND I LIKE THAT ABOUT THIS SPORT BECAUSE VERY FEW OF US ARE JUDGEMENTAL....RIGHT.

KK

I don't think a 1880 cowboy would want a pistole that went 'plink,plink,plink' so I put a little powder in mine. Not too much cause my little girl shoots 'em too. An I use a 94 Winchester in .44 and a 20 gauge SXS. BANG! No 'plinkplinkplink' But to each his own.

And we don't look down our nose at you for shooting those.

So tell me. Why are you looking down your nose at those that like a lighter load then you do???

Kind of hypocritical don't ya think.

Me judgemental? I think not.

well... maybe sometimes! LOL Just in it ta have fun with some great pards. Lighten up. The best folks I ever met are in Scouting and CAS. You do your thing, I'll do mine, we all have fun!

Michigan, BANG not plink or BOOOM, Slim

Me judgemental? I think not. well... maybe sometimes! LOL Just in it ta have fun with some great pards. Lighten up. The best folks I ever met are in Scouting and CAS. You do your thing, I'll do mine, we all have fun! Michigan, BANG not plink or BOOOM, Slim

Actually, your first post showed how you think "plinkplinkplink" is beneath you...but whatever...you hit and then you run all the while telling us to "Lighten up".

Perfect!

Again, this is a stoopid selfserving thread...

Phantom

Me judgemental? I think not. well... maybe sometimes! LOL Just in it ta have fun with some great pards. Lighten up. The best folks I ever met are in Scouting and CAS. You do your thing, I'll do mine, we all have fun! Michigan, BANG not plink or BOOOM, Slim

And then you do it again.

Looked down your nose at others that don't shoot your way. WOW. Why even add that.?

i don't see anyone that might shoot lighter loads taking shoots you.

But yet folks like you, take shots at others?? WHY? Do you need to prove somthing to yourself?

OH look at me. I shoot heavy loads.

I never yet why people like that SAY lets all shoot our own game and have fun. And THEN turn right around

and knock those that don't shoot a load as heavy as them.

Kind of talking out of both sides of there mouth if you ask me.

I just don't get it.

I just don't get it.

And you never will so don't even try pard. It's a dysfunction that small people have. If the whole sport thought that way you and I wouldn't sell a kazillion 110 gr. bullets a year LOL.

And you never will so don't even try pard. It's a dysfunction that small people have. If the whole sport thought that way you and I wouldn't sell a kazillion 110 gr. bullets a year LOL.

You are right.

And the is a sweet bullet.

Folks can shoot whatever they want - if it's in the boundries of SASS rules what's the problem??

The clubs I attend are perfectly fine with me shootin' full load 45 Colt BP loads....ne'er been an issue.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Folks can shoot whatever they want - if it's in the boundries of SASS rules what's the problem??

The clubs I attend are perfectly fine with me shootin' full load 45 Colt BP loads....ne'er been an issue.

Well good for you...and good for them.

As long as it's within the rules, feel free to do what you want.

But as you do, remember that just because you can, doesn't neccessary mean you should.

Phantom

Well good for you...and good for them.

As long as it's within the rules, feel free to do what you want.

But as you do, remember that just because you can, doesn't neccessary mean you should.

Phantom

:wacko:

Why shouldn't I do it?

If it what makes me happy, club is good with it, and it's within' the rules - what's the problem?

If YOU have a problem with it - I don't care ;) If I show up at your club and you don't want me shootin' what I shoot... I reckon there are other clubs that will accept me fine - no harm no foul.

:wacko:

Why shouldn't I do it?

If it what makes me happy, club is good with it, and it's within' the rules - what's the problem?

If YOU have a problem with it - I don't care ;) If I show up at your club and you don't want me shootin' what I shoot... I reckon there are other clubs that will accept me fine - no harm no foul.

Read my damn post. If your within the rules, I won't say a word.

Have you inspected many targets at verious clubs? Fact is that your loads beat the hell out of targets. But...if it makes you feeeeel good...and you're within the rules, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO...geeeze...

I frankly think you're selfish on this matter...but AGAIN, IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE RULES I WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Hope you understand...

Read my damn post. If your within the rules, I won't say a word.

Have you inspected many targets at verious clubs? Fact is that your loads beat the hell out of targets. But...if it makes you feeeeel good...and you're within the rules, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO...geeeze...

I frankly think you're selfish on this matter...but AGAIN, IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE RULES I WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Hope you understand...

I understand quite well and did read your damn post - your snide comment "But as you do, remember that just because you can, doesn't neccessary mean you should." was uncalled for...how am I selfish?? ...as I AM within the rules, AM happy shootin' how I shoot, AND the clubs I shoot at has no problem with it.

BTW: I have never had anyone take issue with me or my loads (except you) - IF they did I would have no problem seeing what we can do about it. I'll even be willing to help pay for targets if I was asked to!

Calling me 'selfish' simply because I don't do what YOU think is best is rather lame. Again, no worries, it's obvious I would not be welcome at your club and I have no issue with that - your club - your rules...

Now with all that said I do take something away between our exchange here: I will make sure to call ahead to the MD or other official of a club I wish to visit to see if my loads are acceptable at their club. If not - no problem...again...their club, their rules....

PS: Tried to PM ya to explain a couple other things - but couldn't

Hello Folks,

This is the kind of thread that turns people off to the Wire. You know "the Wire is not SASS."

It could also turn new folks off due to the conflict or potential for conflict due to their chosen category, guns, propellent....

So, I'm sticking my neck out here and locking my first thread.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived