SASS Wire Forum

Red dot sight opinions please

If you just want a red dot, the Aimpoint Micro is the answer. If you want magnification capabilty, you can probably swing a used Trijicon Accupoint (used ACOG for a couple hundred more).

I have an Accupoint on my deer rifle. It was pricey but well worth it as where I hunt, most shots are right at dusk.

For what gun?

EOtech 512 works great on a AR 15 style carbine. $400

C-more Railway works well also. $209 Midway USA

For fast close shooting most shooters in Steel Challenge use a C-more railway with 8 moa dot.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

If you just want a red dot, the Aimpoint Micro is the answer. If you want magnification capabilty, you can probably swing a used Trijicon Accupoint (used ACOG for a couple hundred more).

He's got it right... with $600... go to Opticsplanet.com... and getcha self an Aimpoint Micro T-1. To see how tough it is... take a look-see...

ts

Had an EoTech 512 - pretty good but fuzzy based on my eyes. Sold it and bought an Aimpoint ML3 2MOA and much prefer it. as a side note the Battery life is a bazillion times better than the EoTech.

If you want some Magnification then you might consider a Burris MTAC - at about $400 its a steal

Aimpoint T1 is my favorite over several others I own. However, they all work well, just prefer the T1...

I have:

Bushnell TR25 good sight no problems so far. I have one a machine gun and have no problems a second one has been on a AR57 SBR, a Sig 522 and a KRISS Vector SBR. My only complaint is battery life.

EOTech 552 No issues, only complaint is battery life

EOTech EXPS2 again no issues only complaint battery life.

Both of the EOTechs have been on different weapons and have had Zero problems.

AimPoint PRO, zero issues has been on multiple weapons, has a great battery life.

Eventually I will replace the EOTechs with Aimpoints.

Archived