SASS Wire Forum

SASS guns F/S 2 1873's in 357 and 1 1897 in 12 ga

I have a Pard going into semi-retirement and wants to sell a couple of his SASS guns.

If I had the gold, I'd buy 1 or 2 myself;

I have seen the guns, worked them , but never shot them, but I can tell you they are SMOOOOTH.

The guns are as follows:

1) Border Rifle Delux

SOLD------------------

$1,300.00 plus shipping to your FFL in the lower 47.

2) 1873 Straight Stock;

20 inch oct barrel;

3rd gen C & I short stroke

lever and butt wraped

$1,200.00 plus shipping to lower 47.

3) 1897 IAC

12 Ga

Coyote Gap special;

18 inch bbl I believe;

$650.00 shipped to your FFL in lower 47.

4) 1866

45 LC

3rd Gen

Lever and butt wraps.

$950.00 plus shipping to your FFL in lower 47.

Note-there amy also be available a 1873/357/19 inch round barrel saddle ring, very good condition for around $950.00 plus shipping to, once again, only the lower 47.

I can never get photobucket to work so pix are available on request to Raceshots@aol.com

Thanks for looking.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 30, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 30, 2013 - No reason given

GEE, Lemme guess which State is not in the Lower 47? Your Post doesn't say. Just sayin'

Jake

Jake,I was hopin it was obvious, sounds like California-just sayn'

His profile pic says Tucson.So Az is a definate possibility. :mellow:

OOOPS...misread it.He said 47 not 48....sorry

I'm just 15 minutes from Cowboy and Indian Store in Santa Ana, CALIF, and seeing how the rifle has been there for work, and made it safely in and out of the State, I thought why can't the Rifle be sent to them. They are a FFL Dealer and can do Paperwork on GUNS. I still fail to grasp why??? Just sayin'

Jake

To ship a firearm to California, a dealer has to register with the California Department of Justice. Then for every firearm shipped to the state, said dealer has to get an approval number from the CDOJ to ship it.

It's not hard but some dealers refuse to do it.

And I may be wrong here but EVERY firearm shipped to California has to come from a dealer. Not like most states that will allow an individual to ship to a dealer, per federal law.

You are wrong, a non-licensee my ship to a FFL in CA. They don't even have to get the letter of authorization to ship to CA that a FFL had to.

Hello,

Someone brought this thread to my attention.

Although, as a California resident, I find it regrettable that a seller would refuse to sell to anyone from California, it is his/her perogative.

The Classified Guidelines state " Other agencies read this Wire and you are strongly advised to abide by the law. If you are not sure of the laws for firearm sales and transfers, learn before you buy or sell." With this in mind, I hope the denial is based on law not perception.

If you would like to discuss a hypothetical situation of a seller refusing to sell to a certain state, please start another thread and let this person sell his items.

Thank you,

Allie Mo

To ship a firearm to California, a dealer has to register with the California Department of Justice. Then for every firearm shipped to the state, said dealer has to get an approval number from the CDOJ to ship it.

It's not hard but some dealers refuse to do it.

And I may be wrong here but EVERY firearm shipped to California has to come from a dealer. Not like most states that will allow an individual to ship to a dealer, per federal law.

You ARE wrong......

VERY WRONG!!

ANY, non FFL can ship to ANY FFL in the USA........

INCLUDING CA.

Do some research before you post mis-leading and incorrect info.

LG

You are wrong, a non-licensee my ship to a FFL in CA. They don't even have to get the letter of authorization to ship to CA that a FFL had to.

110% CORRECT :excl:

LG

PS I've hidden all of the posts that were not directly related to the sale. I decided there is no point in leaving potentially erroneous information and rebuttals.

If you'd like to discuss laws regarding shipping guns to a particular state, please start a thread in another forum.

Thanks,

Allie

I'm just starting out in cowboy action shooting and have all my guns except my 1873 rifle. I just bought a Winchester 30-30 Canadian centennial 1867-1967. Would like to trade this rifle plus cash if needed for a 1873 in 357. Was wondering if your friend or anyone else would be interested.

Archived