SASS Wire Forum

Do NOT Posse with?

Warhorse

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Not to attach you...not my intentions.

Phantom

I wouldn't want to attach him neither... sounds like if ol' Shakey was attached to a fella... he might slow that fella down a might.

hehehe....

(jes joshin', big guy...)

ts

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the slow shooters, bp shooters, fast shooters, gamers, etc. The folks I don't want to shoot with are overzealous R.O. types that make things miserable for everyone on the posse. Or as Notorius would call them "Fun Assassins". Unfortunately, there are those that recieve an R.O.II pin and they instantly become "SASS Masters".

LL'

Never done it. As far as I know no on e has ever request not to posse with me. Nor posse with me. I guess I'm neutral. ;)

Like Switzerland.

Mmmm.... cheeze....

Hey Bob, Mr BOLD, I have requested to shoot with you, just to see if there really was someone as crazy as you! and did once, then the next time we were to be at a shoot together, YOU got sick!!! Just to not posse with me??? Now that there has hurt my feeling---and I only have the one you know! Mostly great people in the sport, but I DO like to posse with at least one person I know on a posse.....

I have NEVER...EVER...heard anyone EVER say anything negative about someone that shoots slow...moves slow...thinks slow...talks slow...etc, etc.

Phantom

Neither have I. And the only complaints I've heard about fast shooters are they are hard to spot for.

I think I know what the problem is. Someone told me that you're sweet on Sour Kraut, so you're probably requesting to posse with her. Someone else is asking to posse with Sour Kraut and Philly Slim (believe it or not, some people like him.) If you knew the details of registration, you'd probably discover that you're also possed with whoever Sour Kraut put down to posse with. :ph34r::P:lol:

As logical as that sounds, it's not correct. I continually ask NOT to be possed with her. When we're together, my only function is to be her pack mule.

(If you don't hear from me for a while it's because she saw this post.)

Neither have I. And the only complaints I've heard about fast shooters are they are hard to spot for.

Wish I could say the same.

I never hear the fast ones say anything about the slow ones.

Except they are glad they are there and having fun.

BUT.

MANY TIMES. Some of the slower ones say many negative things about the fast shooters.

Calling them many different kind of names.

Frankly. I am tired of it.

Howdy Anvil Al,

I have not shot much outside Kansas and Missouri, so I've not seen that. We raz each other a lot at our monthly shoots, but it's all in fun. I DO think that there are people who are envious of those who are fast and clean, but those are the ones I generally ignore. I did get into it one time with a guy who shoots my speed. It was the old "level Playing field" routine. I told him that if you gave those shooters my guns and had them shoot my full-load BP, they would still whip the pants off both of us. It's called practice and dedication. A big part of my enjoyment of CAS is watching those that make it look so easy, but I know the kind of time that's put in to get there. My hat is off to all of them.

BTW Phantom, I took no offense at your post. Some people have personal preferences and I can live with that. Never heard anybody giving me a hard time or anyone else for that matter.

And TS, you're absolutely right! One reason I shoot so slow is I'm attached to my own self! Oh, and I'm attached to good food and good whiskey. Gets intereting where we shoot when I'm up there shooting and the TO is as big as I am. Closest I ever came to dancing!

I'll continue to have fun and hope to shoot with you all some time.

Shakey

MANY TIMES. Some of the slower ones say many negative things about the fast shooters.

Calling them many different kind of names.

Frankly. I am tired of it.

No need for it. Now I have seen some good buddies razoo one another, but I pay no attention to that being out of line.

No need for it. Now I have seen some good buddies razoo one another, but I pay no attention to that being out of line.

I am not talking aobut good natured ribbing. But flat out name calling.

BUT.

They always seem to do it behind there backs.

I am not talking aobut good natured ribbing. But flat out name calling.

BUT.

They always seem to do it behind there backs.

Childish.

As logical as that sounds, it's not correct. I continually ask NOT to be possed with her. When we're together, my only function is to be her pack mule.

There's a man who leads a life of danger... :)

Childish.

Yep.

But seem to be the first ones that say. "I am only into it for fun" And that

"they don't care what everyone else is shooting."

Then turn around and run down those that shoot faster or lighter loads then they do.

It's getting old real fast.

Ye gods, folks! When I started this thread, I thought that I was asking a simple question. I never thought it would open a can of worms. :o

The response was far more that I ever expected and has gone on far longer than it probably should have done. Thank all of you for jumping in and participating. There certainly are rather diverse opinions on the subject. I guess what it all boils down to is that we all do agree that there are a few among us, unfortunately, that manage to make their presence unwelcome. In most cases, I suspect that the situation will tend to resolve itself.

I still pride myself that I seem to be allergic to only a very small set of people and there usually is some distance between them and me. :D

Perhaps it's time to give this thread a rest. :P

Warhorse

It's not the slow shooters, bp shooters, fast shooters, gamers, etc. The folks I don't want to shoot with are overzealous R.O. types that make things miserable for everyone on the posse. Or as Notorius would call them "Fun Assassins". Unfortunately, there are those that recieve an R.O.II pin and they instantly become "SASS Masters".

LL'

+1

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

And TS, you're absolutely right! One reason I shoot so slow is I'm attached to my own self! Oh, and I'm attached to good food and good whiskey. Gets intereting where we shoot when I'm up there shooting and the TO is as big as I am. Closest I ever came to dancing!

Shakey

Yore a good sport, there... Snakey. Jes funnin' with ya.

ts

Hey Warhorse, I don't care what the locals down the shore been saying; I have NEVER asked to not posse with ya. just seems to turn out that way. Hay, I got an idea, lets get Big Whiskey in on this and he "can make a call" on whether you and I should posse together ...........hahahahahahah

Red Eye see ya pard !!!!!

I will not, push your wheelchair or carry your guns at Defend the Roost..... :o:D

I will, drink your wiskey and smoke your cee-gars...... :lol:

Happy itch'n in that body-cast. :P

LG

I just took a quick look at the last 5 years of posse photos from Comin-At-Cha. Only one person has ever been on my posse twice. That made me think two things.

1) I've got to shoot with a lot of great people.

2) Boomstick Jay is a really tolerant guy.

I just took a quick look at the last 5 years of posse photos from Comin-At-Cha. Only one person has ever been on my posse twice. That made me think two things.

1) I've got to shoot with a lot of great people.

2) Boomstick Jay is a really tolerant guy.

We will shoot with you anytime Mack

I hope to get to posse with Nellie Blue someday. Seems to have a healthy, fun, view of the game. :->

Awww! You're too sweet! I bet we do get to shoot together sometime soon...we'll practically be neighbors after July! ;)

I'd shoot with all ya all anytime! Especially:

"Philly Slim"

As a short, aging, little guy with movie star good looks (think Cary Grant), I need a bodyguard. Oh, I also love his long blond hair!

"Okie Sawbones"

On some stages I need a brain surgeon to help me avoid "P's!

"Tennessee Stud"

Because my ancestors come from White and Rhea counties in Tennesee and we may be related!

"Buck D. Law"

Because (wait for it........................................................................I'd never "buck d law!"

"Lumpy Grits"

I love "lumpy grits!"

"Allie Mo"

"Nellie Blue"

"Complicated Lady"

Shoot with these babes, er ladies? Do you guys really have to ask (sigh) !

Major Pain

Oh I see it happening a lot; some folks just want to shoot with a specific group all the time. Frankly I think they are missin' out...their prerogative though. I've requested not to shoot with 1 or 2 shooters in the past, but haven't in quite a long time; decided it just isn't the nice thing to do (from my point of view of course). I understand that some folks just aren't going to get along with certain people, so why shoot with them if it's going to spoil your fun. But...we can't control how others behave, just how we react to their shortcomings.

As for Knot Hardly Dunn and I, we like shooting with different shooters and getting to know everyone. We especially like traveling and shooting with other clubs and getting to meet new people. Hope to shoot with you all some day!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 28, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, March 28, 2013 - No reason given

double post.

Regarding Shakey Merlot's post, I shot with Shakey the last monthly. He does shoot slow, but he is a blast to posse with. He shoots a Spencer, so every stage includes two or three reloads on the clock. A lot of people sign up to be on his posse just to hear what he has to say. He is very friendly, extremely safe, and works hard on any posse. He is a friend to everybody he meets. I will shoot with him anytime.

And the more West you are the more fun you will find!

WEST = Why Everyone is Smiling Today

who coulda guessed that Phantom was so much fun!

:D:D I really like shooting with Phantom..... he's one of the best TO's I've had the pleasure to shoot with. BTW, Phantom....Long Swede says hi! Saw him at Winter Range and he asked about ya.

:D:D I really like shooting with Phantom..... he's one of the best TO's I've had the pleasure to shoot with. BTW, Phantom....Long Swede says hi! Saw him at Winter Range and he asked about ya.

I have only shot with him once or maybe twice. But he was fun to shoot with.

But being that it has only been once or twice. Maybe i am on his do not posse with list. :o:huh:

Same with Brother King. We have been to many of the same shoots. But never on the same posse.

I think he might be trying to duck me. :ph34r::P

I won't posse (anymore) with this shooter:

Event 1:

"I think he missed number two pistol target. Didn't he miss number two?" I was the second shooter of the day on three freshly painted targets shot in two five shot Nevada Sweeps. Four bullet marks are on the target.

Event 2:

"I think he had a P. Did he shoot number one?" It was here that Sugah spoke up and said, "I think you're not a spotter." That was the case in both events.

So, after shooting numerous matches in a pile of states, we have only encountered one. The biggest problem we have now is there are so many folks that we'd like to shoot with........but everyone at the match on one posse makes for a slow go. :)

Some cowpokes organize their thoughts with their mouth...and then there is others that don't know when to keep their pie hole shut.

Archived